Basic Power Information and How to Get Better!

Aurai Academy! !!Brand New!! || MeWe Based || AU Roleplay || Lots of face claims available

Basic power information and how to get better!

 

Powers

 

Powers you learn and know will be based on both your clan and the number of emblems you have. These powers can be found on each clan’s powers page in addition to shapeshifting abilities that are inherent and don't need to be taught. The list of shapeshifting forms is located in each clan’s description but is not limited to animals contained therein. The powers that apply to everyone can be found here

 

There is one power that everyone has from the very beginning: Teleportation.

Teleportation allows Kynarai to travel almost instantly between places they have already been. No Kynarai can teleport somewhere they haven't seen in person before. The more practice and emblems a Kynarai has, the further they can teleport.

 

There is one power that everyone can learn once they reach their 1st emblem: Danger Sense

Danger Sense allows Kynarai to be able to feel unfriendly energy build up in the area around them. At lower levels Kynarai cannot tell what the power is, exactly when it will strike, or even who exactly it is. The more practice and emblems a Kynarai has gives them more precise information and insight.

 

There is one power that everyone can learn once they reach their 2nd emblem: Manifest Element

Manifest Element allows Kynarai to be able to summon their element, either from within or without, into a solid formed minion. At lower levels a Kynarai's minion is small, doesn't last very long, and doesn't always obey it's master. The more practice and emblems a Kynarai has the larger the minion can be, the longer it will last, and gives the Kynarai more control.

 

Emblems

 

Emblems are like badges which carry the symbols of the various clans and they are given to students by teachers, tutors, and staff members for mastery of their current level of skills. They do not themselves grant any power but rather recognize that the student has earned enough experience through training and hard work to unlock the next tier of powers. The powers are designed to sort of build off of one another.

 

For example: How could one learn to control an entire blizzard when they cannot even summon a ball of water?

 

Think of emblems like levels in rpgs or even pokemon. When you reach a certain level, by earning it, you are now able to learn more advanced powers. It is possible to learn more than one clan's powers but until you master your first clan’s powers you can not earn Emblems for another clan.

 

 

So How Do You Get Emblems?

 

Participating in school-sanctioned duels, helping to train others, and passing exams are all common ways to get emblems. Other opportunities may also arise along the way so pay attention to your training and your teachers so that you never miss a chance to show how you’ve improved. Emblems are given out at the faculty’s discretion and not by other students, even if they outrank you. When you receive an emblem, make sure you mark it down in your profile with the date and who gave it to you (unless you started with them based on your position). It is your responsibility to keep track and the staff will be checking up on everyone for progress.

 

How Do You Train?

 

While the teachers and other staff will be primarily responsible for training and guiding their students, it will also be the students' responsibility to train themselves. Students may also learn from each other, the headboy and headgirl, as well as the headstudents from all of the clans provided they understand how the powers work. There are also many training manuals which can be found around the castle for everyone to use so one can study on their own.


 

 

Who Starts With What Emblems and Who Can They Teach?

 

- Every new regular student starts with 0 Emblems.

- Clan Head Students starts with 3 Emblems in their respective Clan as well as having the basic understanding for how the powers for 2 Emblems and below work for each of the other clans so they can help to train.

- The Head Boy and Head Girl each start with 5 Emblems for their respective clans and they understand how the powers for 4 Emblems and below work for each of the other clans so they can help in training.

- Teachers themselves start with 10 Emblems for their current clan and 5 Emblems in secondary clan of their choosing. Any teacher can teach up to 10 levels of any clan but they are especially gifted at teaching their own clan powers.

- The Headmistress has mastered all 5 clans’ powers and is able to effectively teach anyone.

 

For Sentinels Emblems are doled out as follows:

- The Sentinel Captain starts with 10 Emblems in four of the clans, including their original clan, and they are able to teach any clan powers to anyone.

- The Sentinel Lieutenants start with 10 Emblems in three of the clans, including their original clan, and they are able to teach any clan powers to anyone.

- The Sentinel Sergeants Start with 10 Emblems in two of the clans, including their original clan, and are able to teach any clan powers to anyone.

- Regular Sentinels have 10 Emblems in their original clan and can teach any clan powers to anyone.

 

How Do Duels Work?

 

We do not want to tell anyone how their combat should be. If both players wish to have it pre-plotted who would win then that is fine. You may also wish to just write it out and end it for whomever in a somewhat natural way based on what you both come up with during the battle, that is fine too. If maybe you’d like to do something a little different then we recommend developing a system using a dice roller to decide whether casting a spell is a success or failure. There are a few sites we can recommend in the meantime but when the school-sanctioned duels come around, the admins will have worked on a system with those who wish to participate in real time as a standard. We admins are working on a definitive way to use the dice and as soon as we come up with some rules that work you are welcome to use them too in any unofficial duel. Whichever method you and your partner(s) decide, it will be fine.

 

NOTES: Any duel without a member of the faculty or staff present doesn’t qualify for Emblems and neither does simply sparring. Not all fights are worthy for Emblems. Sanctioned duels and events will be announced ahead of time so everyone can prepare and come to some agreements.