Shocked!

Will You Be My Valentine?

“Ladies,” Driver Park called out to us. He was holding the door open. Both of us climbed in, still in disbelief that Yoochun had sent a limo.

“Kamsahamnida,” we said to the driver.

On the inside, the limo could easily fit at least 10 people. There was a 36 inch flat screen tv as well as an entire sound system built in for your iPod. On the bottom left, there was a mini-refrigerator stocked with all types of drinks, from water to juice to soda and beer. There was also a nicely stashed pile of Asian snacks in the front.

“Ladies,” Driver Park said through the speaker system. “Please make yourself at home and use all the amenities provided. I have set the temperature to 22°C. If you’d like me to change that, please let me know. There is a blue button in the front. The drive will be about 25 minutes long and I will alert you when we’re 5 minutes away from the destination. Enjoy your ride.”

Nayoung squealed again and kicked her legs in excitement. “Pictures! We should take pictures to show the others what they’re missing out on!!” she exclaimed. The two of us started snapping pictures of us inside the limo, next to the tv, next to the fridge, and sitting on the seats. It was seriously pretty cool.

“Wow Nayoung ah, what does this Yoochun guy do?!” I asked in amazement.

“I don’t know exactly but he told me he was a business entrepreneur when we first met,” she said.

“A pretty successful one by the looks of it!” I said. She nodded in agreement.

“I should probably ask more about it right?” she asked cautiously.

“Yea, please do, I mean, this is too luxurious!” I said. It was better to be safe than sorry when getting to know someone of this caliber.

“Okay I’ll ask him tonight,” she agreed.

Nonetheless, we took full advantage of everything in the limo, relaxing on the leather seats, watching tv, and drinking some weird fancy guava juice. Before we knew it, the driver was already warning us that we’d arrive soon.

He pulled up in front of the restaurant, and someone opened the door for us. I looked around the place. It was a fancy Japanese restaurant that I had never seen before. We bowed to our driver and then were whisked indoors by the host.  

There, standing next to the waiter at the front entrance, stood a prince.

“Nayoung-sshi,” the prince called, holding his hand out to her. My jaw dropped. Nayoung was DATING THIS MAN?

“Annyeong Yoochun-sshi,” Nayoung said waving cutely and then taking his hand. “Ah! Jieun ah, come here. This is Yoochun-sshi,” she said, introducing us. I almost tripped over my heels as I walked towards them.

“Jieun-sshi, it’s a pleasure to meet you. I’ve heard a lot about you and your friends from Nayoung-sshi,” he said with a dazzling smile.

“Oh! Umm uh….thanks!” I said. “So uh….where is....your friend?” I asked inquisitively.

“Oh yes, that’s right. He’s waiting for you in the room. Let’s go over, I’ll introduce you two,” he said.

I looked around the restaurant and understood what he meant. The place was designed so that the main kitchen was situated right in the middle and in a giant circle around it were private rooms for each party.

We walked over to the person’s room and when Yoochun slid opened the door, my jaw dropped open for the third time tonight.

Standing there, waiting at the top of the three small steps was a very familiar man. He had changed his hair color but his face was one that I would never forget.

He held out a single pink rose to me.

“Jieun-sshi, it’s nice to see you again,” he said with an incredible smile.

I stood there frozen like an idiot. Say something Jieun!

My mouth was opened but no words were being formed.

“Jieun-sshi, do you remember me?” he asked tentatively, almost like he was worried.

At the same time I tried to nod my head yes to tell him I remembered him, Nayoung jumped in to help me.

“Jaejoong-sshi, Jieun remembers you very well,” she said.

 I looked at her insanely confused. How did she know his name? She shot me a look saying she’d explain everything to me later.

“Jieun ah, Jaejoong-sshi is waiting.” She shoved me lightly and made me take a step forward. I stepped onto the first step with my legs wobbling underneath me but luckily Jaejoong grabbed my arms from the top, steadying me. I felt his hand slip into mine, helping me climb the next two steps.

“Jaejoong hyung, Jieun-sshi, Nayoung-sshi and I will be next door if you need us,” Yoochun said. He gently tugged on Nayoung’s hand and I saw her wave to me before the door closed in front of my eyes.

Turning my head back towards Jaejoong, I met his captivating eyes. All I could think about right now was good thing I didn’t wear the same dress again.

“Are you surprised?” he asked me. Before I could answer, he held the rose out for me again.

“Happy Valentine’s Day Jieun-sshi.”