Annoying But Cute

Accept Me As I Am
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Kibum just graduated college after studying to be a art teacher.

He was twenty-two with dark blonde hair with pink bangs. He was tall and lean and had a great sense of fashion if you asked him. He was really shy, but nice. 

He prefered to be to himself though. All in all he was a really normal and cool guy. The only thing was...he was narcoleptic. Narcolepsy was a sleep disorder in which the person has random sleep attacks. With this comes cataplexy, which causes sudden loss of muscle control and he becomes in a state where he is awake but can not move.

Narcolepsy can be dangerous because he could fall asleep anywhere at anytime.

It used to be worse when was younger but over the years he has been able to take better control over it. He knows what triggers it and can stop himself from falling out sometimes, but it was rare. Whenever a spell comes it can last from a few seconds to several minutes. For him his last for at least five to ten minutes if he’s really tired or even just a few seconds. 

He prefers to take medication to help him sleep at night, because falling asleep during the day doesn't make him feel as tired at night which means he often wake up in the middle of night frequently. He also takes a few pills to help him feel less drowsy during the day. 

He only has about one to three, maybe even four spells a day if he’s lucky. Other times it can be more than that, if he’s stressed out or tired he could have up to ten. His attacks of ‘spells’ are when he falls asleep. It used to be more when he was younger, it was as so bad he had to be homeschooled for a while. But every once in a blue moon he's lucky and doesn't have any spells a whole day. Certain intense emotions can trigger it he's learned. His spells are triggered when he gets extremely nervous or when he gets overly excited. Doing strenuous, tiring or long activities can trigger him too. Or just anything that gets his nerves up can really trigger it as well. 

During his spells it is nearly impossible to wake him up. So he tries to regulate these emotions when he feels them getting out of hand.

He also tries to stay away from atmospheres that are to quiet or relaxing, because this ables for him to fall asleep easier. Whenever he goes to a library he tries to keep his time in there short. Studying is a hassle to because he tends to fall asleep during that as well. Whoever he wakes up he tends to be confused and dizzy but goes right back into his routine. Because of his condition he prefers to stay in loud and talkative areas. He isn't allowed to drive and is legally labeled as handicapped, but besides that he lives his life normally which he is very thankful for. 

 

Kibum was currently in the schools cafe and reading a book where he interned at in Seoul. He has loved art since he was a child. He loved painting, drawing, any thing where he could use his imagination. He found it fun to show or teach someone how to do something. 

So he figured why not put his talent to use? 

He found this internship at the art school he recently graduated from. He worked as an art assistant and helped clean utensils, grade assignments, and help with critiques. He really enjoyed it and couldn't wait to become and art teacher himself. He was still deciding on being an art proffessor in college or a highschool art teacher. Decisions, decisions. 

"Hi, can I sit here?" A man asked disrupting his train of thought. Kibum looked up at the sound of the unfamiliar voice. 

"Uhm..." Kibum didn't know this man. 

"Is it taken?" The man asked again. 

"Well no.." 

The man decided just to sit down. He had dark brown hair that was cut in a bowl cut. He had big round eyes and a cute nose. He had a stupid grin on his face for some reason, Kibum didn't know why. He seemed muscular and in shape. He was overall just really handsome. 

"I'm Jonghyun. What's your name?" The man asked. 

"Kibum..." Kibum whispered. 

"Cute name for a cute boy." Jonghyun said nonchalantly. 

Kibum's eyes grew wide. What did this man just say to him? Kibum didn't know what to say or do, so he just fiddled with his book in his hands. Being home schooled led him to be sort of awkward around people. Another reason why he preferred to be by himself a lot. To be honest Kibum didn't really have friends. He had one named Jinki but that was really it. 

"You go to the college down the street right?" Jonghyun asked, acting as if he didn't just call Kibum cute 5 seconds ago. Kibum nodded. 

How creepy. How did he know that he went there? 

"What's your major?" 

"Art." 

"Really? What do you want to do with it?" "Teach art." 

"That's cool, I'm a art major myself. I'm in photography concentrate though. Can't decide whether I want to focus on scenery or people though." Jonghyun looked up thoughtfully while tapping his chin. "Mmm..." Was Kibum's only response. What did this guy want? 

"I guess you don't talk a lot." Jonghyun chuckled. Kibum didn't respond, but just looked at him strangely. 

"Sooo Kibum, right? Do you...have a girlfriend? Boyfriend?" Kibum shook his head. He doesn't date. He had bad experiences with people in the past...he just rather be alone. 

"Really? Well I guess I can ask you for maybe another date then? I mean maybe we can try again when I don't catch you off guard." He chuckled nervously.

 Why was he talking as if they are on a date right now? 

"I don't think so..." Kibum said. Jonghyun didn't even look hurt. He just grinned. "Why not?" Is all he asked.

"Because..." Jonghyun leaned forward smiling bigger. 

"I don't want to date you.” He said bluntly Kibum wasn't a mean person, but he didn't want to date anyone. Yep, he decided not to date and just live alone. Jinki thought it was unrealistic, but Kibum assured him it was. 

"Why? Am I ugly?" Jonghyun said looking over himself. 

"No! I didn't say that." 

"So I'm cute?"

 "Yes-wait, I mean-" 

"So I am cute. I promise I'm a nice guy, you just have to get to know me. That's why I gave the idea of a second date!" "Second d-date? When was the first one?" Kibum scoffed. 

"Is this not a date? I mean look at us! We're sitting here in a coffee shop at our own little table. We're obviously attracted to each other-“

"-I never said I was attracted to you-" 

"-I bet we're both great people! I think we should go ahead and try to go through the dating process so we can be official." Jonghyun stated with a grin. 

Kibum just stared at him like he was crazy. He grabbed his things and stood up to leave. 

"Look uhm, I don't think it'll will work...I'll see you around." Kibum hoped he wouldn't see him around actually. 

"Wait, but-" Jonghyun tried to call after him, but he was already gone. Jonghyun sighed and let out a puff of air. He turned his head to the said before saying, 

"Too much?" 

"Yah think?" His friend named Minho said. He was standing off the side watching the whole ordeal. 

 

Kibum was on the way to his apartment. He started feeling light headed and drowsy. This wasn't a good sign. He could feel that one of his spells were coming. He tried to rush home in time so he wouldn't pass out on the street. He was 5 minutes from his apartment. 

"I can make it, I can make it." Kibum chanted to himself. He took the twist and turns it took to get to his home. When he saw it in sight he sprinted. He probably shouldn't because it would make him tired more quickly. But Kibum really didn't want to make a skeptical of himself and pass out in front of the building or the in the middle of the sidewalk. He was lucky he lived on the first floor so he didn't have to run up a flight of steps. He was the second door on the right. He grabbed his keys out of his pocket, his hands shaking. He was finally able to open the door and close it. But before he could lock the door his own knees locked up and his arms went limp and he collapsed face first on the floor. 

 

-

 

Kibum woke up a few minutes later to find himself lying on the ground in front of his door. He slowly rose up to take out his phone and check the time. He had only been asleep for a couple of minutes, nothing too major. He locked his door and looked over himself. Sometimes when he fell out he would get little bruises here and there. He walked himself up to a mirror in his bathroom and saw he had a light bruise on his cheek. He touched it. 

"Ow..." It ached a little but it wasn't anything too serious. He just continued his daily activities for the rest of the afternoon. 

 

 

The next day Kibum found himself walking around looking for food after he finished working at his internship for the day. He walked into a small restaurant on campus that sold little sandwiches. He was a little hungry so he figured this would do.

 The restaurant was noisy which was good, he decided it was a good pick. He had order his sandwich with a little side bowl of fruit. He sat down near a window in a small corner that was all to himself. He took out the book he had yesterday and started reading. 

He was enjoying himself for about 20 minutes when he felt someone plop down in front of the seat across from him and the table shook. 

"Well, well, well. Looks like fate is on our side." 

No, that voice. It couldn't be that same man from yesterday that Kibum tried to forget all about. Kibum slowly lifted his eyes from the book he was reading to look up and see the guy from yesterday. He was leaned over the table with his head rested in his palms. He was grinning like an idiot and looked stupid (in Kibum's opinion). He had a sandwich laid out in front of him. Was he planning on eating here too? 

"What are you doing?" Kibum asked. "What? I'm just eating Kibum." Yikes, this weirdo remembered his name. 

"You look really nice today." The man said with food in his mouth. Kibum grimaced. "Thank you..." He mumbled. He started to stand up and gathering his stuff wanting to leave. 

"Where are you going?" The man asked sounding a bit panicky. 

"Leaving..." 

"Why?! You haven't finished your food!" Right. Kibum was so caught up in his book he only ate small bites. 

"Sit down please!" The man pouted. He looked like an overgrown child. Kibum just sat down, maybe if he was cold to him he could make him go away.

"You remember my name?" The guy asked. Kibum shook his head no but continued staring at his book. 

"It's Jonghyun. I'm probably your Hyung you look young. How old are you?" Should he tell this strange man? 

"Twenty-two..." 

"Ah I was right!" Jonghyun said slapping the table, which startled Kibum. 

"I'm twenty-four. This is my last year in school, I started college a little late. But it's fine, if I had gone earlier I might have missed my chance to meet you." Jonghyun said wiggling his eyebrows. Kibum lifted his book trying to cover the slight blush on his cheeks. Why wouldn't he go away?! 

"Hey, whats that bruise on your face?" Jonghyun said leaning over the table some more. 

"What?" Kibum said touching his face. Oh yea, the bruise he got from yesterday from when he fell. He noticed? 

"Nothing, just ran into something..." Kibum lied. 

"You know if you need someone to protect you, I'm here...I'd make a good protective boyfriend you know!" Jonghyun went on. "Mhmm." Was all Kibum did to acknowledge him. 

"I think we should trade numbers, don't you think?" Kibum shook his head. "Why?!" Jonghyun said trying to sound offended but he actually had a smile on his face. Was this guy crazy? 

"Just...no..." Kibum said. 

"Well if fate is on our side we will be seeing each other often anyway!" Jonghyun said taking a bite out of his food. Suddenly some tall man came out of nowhere and yanked Jonghyun by the collar. 

"What are you doing? I told you don't approach him like that! You look like a creep!" The stranger said. 

"Minho stop! Your embarrassing me!" Jonghyun yelled. Kibum found his chance to escape. He stood up and gathered all his things. 

"Kibum, wait!" Jonghyun said still in his friends grasps. 

"I'll have to go now Hyung, goodbye." Was all Kibum said before he turned around a left the place. Jonghyun had a stupid smile on his face. 

"He called me Hyung." He said dazed. "See! A creep!" Minho said. 

 

-

 

 Kibum found himself back at his apartment after escaping his Jonghyun with his head leaned back on the couch and his body spread out. 

He had just woken up from one of his spells. He just got back in his apartments just in time again. What happened again? Oh yea!

What the hell? Was this Jonghyun guy a new trigger for his attacks or something?! 

"Arhggg!" Kibum yelled. That guy was so annoying. He had a feeling he would probably keep seeing him too, which he didn't like the thought of. He was so bold and just said whatever came out his mouth, and he didn't like that. 

He would admit that he was kind of cute...but that was it! He wanted to keep his distance from him. He was too hyper, and it made him feel tired and nervous. 

 

 

Kibum was convinced he had no luck or that some deity hated him. Jonghyun was trailing behind him after he had turned a corner and saw Jonghyun standing there. This was the sixth day in a row that he has seen Jonghyun. How?! How was this possible?! 

"How are you on this lovely day, Kibum?" "Fine." 

"You look stunning as usual." 

"Thanks." 

"Where are you going?" 

"Home." 

"Want me to walk you home?" 

"No." 

"Want to go on a date?" 

"No." 

"Kibummmm~" He whinned. 

"What Jonghyun?! What?! What is it?!" Kibum had dropped the Hyung after the fourth day when he realized he acted like a child most of the time.

This time Jonghyun pouted and actually looked a little sad. 

"Why are you yelling at me?" Jonghyun said in a small voice. 

"Because you upset me." 

A smirked came across Jonghyun's face. "Well your hot when your upset." 

"Arghhh!" Kibum continued walking, while Jonghyun was in his ear trying to get him to go to some ice cream place. Kibum could stand to be around him for about 10 minutes until he started feel one of his spells coming on. He was close to home and he could sprint the rest of the way and make it if Jonghyun would go away. But he wouldn't! 

"Jonghyun, please go away." 

"If you give me your number~" Jonghyun sang. 

"Jonghyun." Kibum could feel himself getting more tired and slowing down. 

"Are you okay Kibum?" Jonghyun asked noticing his sluggish behavior. 

"Yes, yes. I'm fine." 

"You sure? You want me to walk you home...?" 

"No! Look I'll give you my number if you go away right now." Kibum said. 

"Really?!" Jonghyun said excitedly. 

"Yes!" Jonghyun took out his phone and typed in the numbers Kibum gave him. "Thanks cutie! Ill see you tomorrow!" Jonghyun said as he jogged away. Kibum rolled his eyes and jogged as quickly as he could home before he passed out. 

 

 

When Kibum woke up from his spell on his living room couch he saw he had a message on his phone. 

 

Unknown: It's Me Jonghyun! Or you can call me your future boyfriend <3 

 

Why didn't Kibum give him a fake number? He let out a scream. 

 

 

Kibum was cleaning up the last few paint brushes and paint palettes when his phone got a message. 

 

Annoying: Would you like to go get some food? 

 

Kibum narrowed his eyes at the message and continued his previous actions. But then his phone vibrated again. 

 

Annoying: ....please...<3 

 

Kibum huffed. He forgot his read receipts were on. He sent him a message with a simple 'fine' and Jonghyun sent him the location and asked to meet around 5:30. 

 

It was 5:20ish when Kibum finished his work for the day and wanted to head for the location Jonghyun sent him. But he started to feel suddenly drowsy and slow and realized a spell was about to come on. So he headed for the break room and sat in a chair and waited for himself to fall asleep. It was just one of the ones that he couldn't avoid having. When he woke up he checked his phone and saw it was a little pass 5:30. 

"Damn..." Kibum whispered. He slept a little longer than he usually does. He saw a message that popped up on his phone that said: 

 

Annoying: r u not coming anymore?.... 

 

Kibum felt like he could hear the sadness seeping from Jonghyun. He typed a quick apology and just told him he got held up at work and that he was on the way. He didn't receive another message after that but got ready and left for the place anyway. 

When he got there he saw Jonghyun standing outside the place with his head hung down low looking at the ground and kicking rocks. He looked really sad. Kibum checked his phone and saw he was 20 minutes late. Oops. 

He was surprised that he waited that long.

"Jonghyun?" Kibum called when he got closer. 

Jonghyun's head popped up and he smiled when he saw Kibum approaching. His whole demeanor changed. 

"Kibum! I thought maybe you weren't coming anymore..." 

"No, I just was busy at work and then I got a little lost on the way here." Kibum lied. He smiled slightly when he saw how happy Jonghyun looked. He was cute. "Wonna go inside...?" Jonghy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter