Hide and Seek and Minseok's Detention

ready or not, here I come

'Let's play a game!' 

Kim Junmyeon smiled as his fourth-grade students scrambled to get closer. 'What will we play?' Kim Jongdae asked excitedly. 

'Hide and seek!' Junmyeon replied. 

'Yay!' The students cheered. Junmyeon laughed. 'Let's head to the playground, kids! We'll be playing with the fifth graders.'

They followed him out excitedly. The fifth graders were waiting on the playground. Jongdae blushed when a tall elfin boy with dyed red hair waved in his direction, a friendly smile on his dimpled face.

'Hi!' the boy said excitedly. 'I'm Park Chanyeol. Are you with the fourth graders? We're playing hide and seek, did you know that? You're cute. Can we be friends? I like new friends! Why are you blushing? You really are so cute. What's your name?' He gasped for air at the end of this. 

'I'm Kim Jongdae.....you talk a lot. Yeah, we can be friends, I like new friends too. Thanks, I guess? You're cute too, and yes obviously I know what we're playing.' Jongdae rolled his eyes.

'Yes!' Chanyeol hugged him, startling him. 'Do you like hide and seek? I love it. I like lots of games. My friend Baekhyun likes them too! You'll like Baekhyun. He's so lucky, he's only eleven but he has a boyfriend......' a sigh of envy. 'A sixth grader, uh, Jongin. But they're not really dating they just like each other. I like you a lot, you'll make a great friend! See that small boy over there? That's Baekhyun. Isn't he ugly? Can we be best friends?' 

'We can....no, I don't think he's ugly,' Jongdae laughed. 

'Get ready to play!' Junmyeon yelled, and they ran to get ready. 

 

 

 

Kim Minseok was in detention. 

He was seated next to a boy from the grade below him, Sehun. Sehun kept passing him notes and it was distracting him from his thoughts.

He opened the fifth note. 'You're pretty. Can we be friends?'

'Try again,' he wrote back.

Sehun was Minseok's best friend's little brother and he was annoying as hell. Minseok had never met him before, only seem him or heard about him from Luhan, but now he understood why Luhan called him Satan's best friend.

'Please stop,' he wrote.

'Stop what? Can't I write notes to the person I think is cute?' 

Minseok opened the note and passed it back with his answer on it. 'I know I'm cute, and to be honest I wouldn't mind notes from you at any other time, but I'm trying to think right now.'

'About me?'

'Maybe.'

'Awwww, you're so sweet to think about me. Can we be friends though, for real?'

'If we ever get out of this god awful school,' Minseok wrote back.

'The principal is actually Satan so we're trapped.'

Minseok almost laughed out loud. He ignored Sehun's next note.

 

 

After detention, Sehun and cousin from elementary school met Minseok outside the school. His cousin, Chanyeol, had brought a friend along too, Kim Jongdae. Minseok knew Jongdae. He waved at him and smiled.

'This is my new best friend,' Chanyeol boasted. 

'Oh, really? Poor Baekhyun. Here's my new friend,' Sehun laughed and ruffled Chanyeol's hair. 'Why are you guys still here?' 

'We were playing a game with the others who walk home,' Jongdae replied. He glanced up. 'It's late and I'm hungry. Can I come to your house, Minseok? You're very close to where I live.'

'We're next-door neighbors,' Minseok snorted. 'Sure.'

'See you,' Sehun waved.

'Bye Dae,' Chanyeol called.

They headed off in their separate directions.