I Need Somebody

You Are

 

It’s been about a couple days since you’ve confessed your real feelings to Jackson.

You haven’t really been talking to each other except for when Jackson texts you to check if you’re getting to work safely.

He also haven’t been able to walk you home after school because his football practice was suddenly extended.

The two of you had been busy lately... or at least that’s what you want to think because you don’t want to accept that you and Jackson have been avoiding each other on purpose...

You’ve been so out of your mind lately from a broken heart and have just been staring blankly into space at work.

Your co-worker Dowoon who was also a cashier at the convenient store you worked in had been noticing that you were a little off lately.

One day at work, you’ve finally had enough. The thoughts in your head about how stupid you were for telling Jackson how you feel and ruining your own friendship. The thoughts of how it won’t ever be the same between the two of you. The thoughts of you ending up alone because you’ve only ever loved Jackson.

You were pale and sweating from all the stress you put in your own head.

You started crying and couldn’t control your emotions. You tried to stop yourself from crying by wiping your tears but more tears would just come out.

Dowoon noticed that you didn’t look too good and that you couldn't stop crying.

“Are you okay?” He asked quietly with a shy but concerned expression.

You were looking at the ground with tears all over your face.

“I ruined everything. I thought he liked me too. I really thought we could happen. I love him so much.” You ranted continuously while sobbing.

Dowoon was still staring at you and he finally realized that your heart was broken and you just needed someone to vent to.

“I-I’m sorry, I shouldn’t be telling you any of this. I can’t seem to control my emotions today.” You tried to smile the tears away but you still couldn’t stop crying.

Dowoon knew he had to do something to try and comfort you. He hovered behind you and hugged you from behind.

You were surprised from his sudden action but you enjoyed the comfort he gave you.

You turned to face him and he embraced you openly in his arms.

Suddenly, your thoughts about Jackson disappeared for a while.

You never thought your co-worker Dowoon would do something like this to comfort you.

You always thought that he didn’t like you and you didn’t like him.

You two barely even talked and always avoided each other at work but this hug changed everything that you thought about him. He was actually a nice and caring person.

As you and Dowoon continued hugging, you started to feel much better.

Little did you know, Jackson was passing by the convenient store to meet another girl but in the corner of his eye, he saw you and Dowoon hugging through the window.

Jackson signalled the girl outside the convenient store that he’ll be right back as he went in to the store.

As soon as the bell of the store door rang, you and Dowoon quickly disbanded your hug.

Dowoon looked at the customer and you turned away from the cashier to wipe your tears and when you turned around, it was Jackson.

“J-Jackson.. Hey..” You said awkwardly.

Jackson immediately noticed your red puffy eyes and knew that you were just crying.

“Y/N! What’s wrong?! Have you been crying?” He asked worriedly as he clasped your cheeks with his hands.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Don’t worry!” You responded.

Jackson knew you were lying with the changing expression on your face.

He hugged you tightly over the counter and placed your head on his chest.

“Is this about us…?” He whispered as Dowoon watched the two of you.

“No, no!” You tried to disband the hug but Jackson was still holding you tightly in his arms.

“It’s not… It’s.. D-Dowoon was just telling me about how his c-cat died and I just felt really sad for him..” You responded with a lie as you signalled Dowoon to just get along with it.

“Y-yeah. My cat died….” He said awkwardly.

Jackson disbanded the hug but he was still holding your cheeks.

“Don’t cry anymore. It makes me sad to see you sad. Also, you look ugly when you cry.”

He giggled as he finally pulled away. You laughed and playfully hit his shoulder.

Jackson turned around and walked away. But before he reached the door, he turned and glared at Dowoon and said “Don’t ever make her cry again.”

Dowoon just smirked and nodded.

You could definitely feel the tension between the two.

When Jackson finally left the store, you saw him through the window meeting a girl.

And just like that, your heart was hurting once again just from the view of Jackson with another girl. You were crying again and you didn’t even notice.

Dowoon embraced you in his arms once again.

When you finally finished your shift, you were feeling a little better but Dowoon watched you walk to the door as if you were about to faint any second.

Before you walked out, you said “Thank you...” with a faint smile.

Dowoon half smiled as you walked away.