I Like You

You Are

You were sitting on your seat feeling nervous and couldn’t stop shaking your legs.

You told yourself that today will finally be the day.

It will be the day that you confess your love to your best friend since the third grade, Jackson.

The bell rang and you immediately stood up from your seat.

You texted Jackson asking him to meet you by the gates.

When you arrived, he was already there waiting and when he saw you, a big smile showed on his face.

You saw him and you immediately blushed.

You whispered to yourself “This is now or never.”

Of course you were terrified. You’re about to admit that you had feelings for your best friend. You fell for him since Freshman year and are now Juniors. You thought to yourself that it finally is time since its been 2 long years that you’ve been loving him.

You approached him.

“Hey Y/N! You have work right? Let me walk you.” Jackson said.

He was always very caring. It was one of the main reasons you fell for him. He would always text or call you whenever you had work after school to see if you got there safely. His football practice and your work ends about the same time so he would also make sure to go to the convenient store you worked at and walk you home everyday.

“Y-yeah I do and okay sure. But don’t you have a game today?” You replied.

Jackson is in the football team. That’s also one of his charms that made you fall for him. He was fit and athletic.

“Nah, the other team didn’t have enough players so it’s cancelled.” He responded.

“J-Jackson…” You spoke nervously.

“Y/N, what’s wrong? Are you okay?” He asked worriedly.

“I-I asked you to meet b-because I h-had something to t-tell you..” You grew even more anxious.

“Uhm okay. Now you’re making me nervous.” He responded as he sat you down at one of the school benches to calm you down a little.

As you sat down, you started to calm down and gather your thoughts better.

You’re really about to do this. You looked at Jackson as he sat down next to you.

You decided to look straight forward and not look directly at him so you could confess easily.

He was looking at you with a worried face waiting for you to talk.

“Jackson, I-I like you.” You finally let the words out and it felt like a huge weight off your shoulders.

“Y/N, I like you too. You’re my best friend.” He said cluelessly.
You stood up from the bench and faced him.

“No Jackson! You half yelled. I like you more than just a best friend… I-I’ve been loving you since freshman year.” You explained.

Jackson slowly looked away from you and down to the floor. He was expressionless for a second and looked back at you as he stood up.

“Y/N. I love you so much.” He responded.

You smirked and your cheeks instantly turned red.

“But… I only love you as my best friend.” He said concernedly.

As he said those words, you felt as if your heart was being crushed and ripped into pieces.

Your smile suddenly turned into a despairing expression as if you’re about to cry.

Jackson noticed the change of expression on your face but before he could say anything else you said “It’s okay. I’ll be okay. I’m just happy and relieved that I finally told you how I felt. Please don’t apologize or say anything else because it will just hurt my pride…” Your smile was reassuring but your eyes wanted to cry. You turned away from him and before you could start walking, he quickly grabbed your arm.

“You’re still my best friend, Y/N. I hope this doesn’t make things awkward between us.”

You nodded but you were still looking away from him. As you walked away, tears started to stream down your face. Jackson watched you walk away with a concerned face.