Chapter 3 : The Who Is More Annoying Competition

The Accidental Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Words in Italic are flashback 

 

“I am sorry.” The staff, her name tag read Eunji, apologetically said to Minhyuk and Krystal. “Apparently, there had been a mistake.” She said as she referred to a thick file while simultaneously glancing at the computer. “Our agents accidentally put the two of you in one house.” 

 

“Change it.” Krystal replied. “Just put him away from me.”

 

“As if I want to be close to you.” Minhyuk scoffed.

 

“This pretty?” Krystal batted her eyelashes. “Of course you want to.”

 

“Don’t make me throw up at this counter.” Minhyuk retorted.

 

Eunji sighed.

 

“We can’t change it.” Eunji said slowly, gulping.

 

“What do you mean you can’t?” Minhyuk turned from Krystal to Eunji.

 

“That is the last unit.” Eunji said with her hands clasped together. The moment she saw Krystal and Minhyuk racing to the counter with Krystal pulling Minhyuk on his shirt and he hold her from talking to the staff first she knew the two of them would not be an easy client. “The other three building had been filled up.”

 

“What?!” Both Krystal and Minhyuk blurted out.

 

Eunji flinched.

 

“What options do we have?” Minhyuk asked, hands on his waist.

 

“Both of you can choose to let go of the house or either one of you can. Any way that you think work. We can give a full refund due to this mistake. You don’t have to worry about that part.” Eunji uttered each of her words carefully. It was not easy when two people were staring at you intently.

 

“He’s leaving.” Krystal pointed at Minhyuk.

 

“She will go.” Minhyuk pointed at Krystal.

 

Krystal and Minhyuk glared at each other. 

 

“You think I will leave?” Krystal chuckled. “You’re funny.”

 

“One thing I know-” Minhyuk stared down at Krystal. “-it’s never gonna be me.”

 

“It will not be me too.” Krystal shrugged and smirked.

 

“Oh-” Minhyuk smiled. “-it’s gonna be you. You just don’t know yet.”

 

“I will make you want to get out of the house so bad you will be on your knees begging me Kang Minhyuk.” Krystal whispered as she jabbed him on his chest so hard he felt his body moved.

 

“We will see-” Minhyuk returned her smile. “-who will be on their knees.”

 

Krystal stepped on his feet and Minhyuk groaned before he pulled her hairband and threw it somewhere. It was a whole minute of Krystal pinching Minhyuk on his waist and he slapping her hands away as Eunji smiled awkwardly to the other customers panning their attention to the two.

 

“Then-” Eunji broke the tension. “-who is letting go of the house? I have to know to-” She immediately stared down as both Minhyuk and Krystal turned to look at her while scratching her nape. “Take your time. Take your time.” She half mumbled.

 

“I will make your life a living hell.” Minhyuk half whispered.

 

“I will make your life a double living hell.” Krystal jabbed him.

 

“Have you-” Eunji almost stuttered. “-decided?”

 

They both stared at Eunji.

 

Almost glaring.

 

“I am not gonna leave the house.” Minhyuk stared down at Krystal. “Ever.” He pinched her hard on the nose and walked away. 

 

“You-” Krystal pushed his hands away. “Idiot. That hurt!” Krystal nagged.

 

“Let’s make each other live in hell and see who will back down.” He muttered as he walked away.

 

“Where are you going?!” Krystal found herself balling her hand into a fist. “Is this a competition? Don’t bother to try cause I’m going to win!” Krystal shouted ignoring that all eyes were on her in the room. “That asshead will regret his decision.”

 

 

“Hey.” Jungshin got down on one knee next to the seat Luna occupied and smile.

 

The latter lifted up her head from looking at the stage where the Chancellor of the university was still talking and returned his smile with her own. “Oh Jungshin. What is it?” Luna asked trying to ignore the fact that Amber and Seolhyun were having a teasing smile at her side as if Jungshin could not see them. 

 

Those idiots.

 

“Have Krystal come back from meeting the agent?” Jungshin asked. “The dean of our faculty want to meet us after the event ended but I can’t get in touch with Minhyuk.” Jungshin explained. After he helped Minhyuk moved his stuffs they were supposed to come back to the campus to attend the closing ceremony of the orientation but he came back alone since Minhyuk had to deal with his housemate arrangement.

 

“Actually-” Luna gave a small smile. “-we can’t get in touch with Krystal too.”

 

“Do you think they killed each other on the way here?” Amber blurted out.

 

“Amber please.” Seolhyun rolled her eyes.

 

“Why are you walking too close to me?” Someone whined in annoyance.

 

“Do you think I want to walk close to you? The space is small.” Another one returned.

 

“I bet my life that is them.” Amber said with a smirk.

 

“Who else is going to make a fuss about distance between each other?” Seolhyun sighed as all four of them turned their back and saw Minhyuk and Krystal sneakily get into the specified seats for facilitators at the back while Krystal made a mocking face toward Minhyuk and the latter rolled his eyes.

 

Jungshin blinked.

 

Once. 

 

Twice.

 

Thrice.

 

“What?” Jungshin finally blurted out something. “Wait. I have to fix that. What the did you just said?” Jungshin rephrased his words as he stared at Minhyuk who was eating his burger with a furious expression. What did the burger ever did to him anyway?

 

“What were you thinking?” Jungshin asked.

 

“I didn’t think.” Minhyuk sighed. “I didn’t. Okay?”

 

“You can’t-” Jungshin sighed.

 

“I can’t what?” Minhyuk glanced at his friend.

 

“The two of you can’t even be within 100 meters from each other and now the two of you are going to live together?” Jungshin sipped his drink. “This is insanity. I don’t want to come visit you one day and saw only your head greeting me in front of the door.”

 

“Why would only my head greet you?” Minhyuk asked, confused.

 

“Cause the two of you killed each other.” Jungshin stated, matter of fact.

 

“That metaphor-” Minhyuk scoffed. “-is too hyperbolic. You are overreacting.”

 

“Why did the two of you got into this stupid fight?” Jungshin asked.

 

“We-” Minhyuk scratched his head. “-fought over mineral water.”

 

“And you had the audacity to call me overreacting?” Jungshin glared at Minhyuk and threw the straw to him that hit him right on his nose as the latter rethink back about his life decisions or more like regretting his life decisions.

 

Minhyuk stared at Krystal and her friends who were sitting at one corner of the hall. 

 

“You do realize that this mean you are going to stay under the same roof with him, right?” Luna asked and Krystal stopped munching the chip. Her eyes blinking as if her brain was racking some sort of undisclosed information.

 

“I think she just realized it.” Amber pointed at Krystal.

 

“Oh my God.” Krystal mumbled.

 

“Yes.” Seolhyun nodded. “She just realized it.”

 

“I have a vision of the entire room in fire. Wait, not the entire room. Building. A building is on fire.” Amber said as she closed her eyes. “Oh and the two of you dying in each other arms because you stabbed each other. Seem tragic.Better than Romeo and Juliet.”

 

Seolhyun snorted and Luna giggled.

 

“What have I done?” Krystal had her head in her hands.

 

“Aside from trading your life to the Satan?” Seolhyun asked.

 

“It sound like a very ugly game.” Amber whistled.

 

 

 

And oh boy.

 

It was a really ugly game you do not want to hear about it.

 

But then again the game was part of the story so of course-

 

You will have to hear about it.

 

“So-” Yonghwa leaned on the kitchen counter as he stared at Minhyuk who had been sitting in front of the fridge for almost an hour now. “-are you buying the house next to us just because you are bored or just because you have too many money you don’t know how to spend it?” 

 

“Hyung-” Minhyuk stared at the older one as he opened the fridge. “-can’t you be not so obvious that you want to kick me out? It’s hurt.” Minhyuk whined like a five years old he was as he looked into the fridge.

 

“We don’t have orange juice. We didn’t stock the fridge yet.” Yonghwa said as he handed Minhyuk a glass of milk.

 

“What am I? Three?” Minhyuk stared at the milk that Yonghwa handed him.

 

“Mentally? Yes.” Yonghwa nodded. “Physically? No.” Yonghwa smiled.

 

“Why are you still here?” Seohyun entered the kitchen. “I fed you dinner already. Go home.” Seohyun said casually as she sat crossed legs in front of one of the boxes in the kitchen. She opened it and took out her collection of glassware.

 

“I am living with a woman.” Minhyuk admitted.

 

“Oh God. Oh my God-” Seohyun almost dropped her glassware she was holding as she heard Minhyuk. “Do you really have to drop the news while I am holding this? Can you even pay if I broke this?” Seohyun nagged as Yonghwa helped his wife put the glassware safely on the kitchen counter.

 

“I am rich. Richer than you.” Minhyuk said as he took a gulp of the milk.

 

“Well-” Yonghwa shrugged. “-he is right.”

 

“Do you have a girlfriend?” Seohyun asked. “Does grandpa knows?” She sounded concerned now, it was written all over her face. “How long have you been dating her? Is she nice? Are you sure? Love is not something that-”

 

“Seohyun-” Minhyuk smiled at his cousin. “-breathe.”

 

“Like this.” Yonghwa acted out breathing in and breathing out.

 

“I hate the two of you.” Seohyun rolled her eyes. 

 

“She is not my girlfriend.” Minhyuk shook his head.

 

“Not your girlfriend?” Seohyun creased her brows. “Why is she living with you? Oh my God-” Seohyun had her hands on her chest now. “Please don’t tell me you get someone pregnant. Kang Minhyuk you can’t even take care of yourself. How can you take care of another human being. Grandpa-” Seohyun massaged her temple. “If he knows you are going to be disinherited. You-”

 

“Remember I told you to breathe?” Minhyuk smirked.

 

“Like this.” Yonghwa re-enacted and chuckled.

 

“Did I said I hate the two of you?” Seohyun had her hands on her waist. 

 

“The housing agents made a mistake and now we ended up in this situation.” Minhyuk tapped his fingers on the rim of the glass. “She didn’t want to move out of the house and so am I so yeah-” Minhyuk shrugged. “We are stuck together.”

 

“Not if you just move.” Yonghwa stated the obvious.

 

“About that-” Minhyuk smiled. “-remember that girl that I had a fight with like literally yesterday?” Minhyuk alternately stared between Yonghwa and Seohyun. The two nodded their heads.

 

“Well-” Minhyuk chuckled. “That is her.” He put on his serious face. “My housemate is her so she have to step over my dead body before I move out of the damn house. I will not let her win this war. Not ever.” Minhyuk finished his glass of milk and casually went up the stairs.

 

“Where are you going?” Seohyun asked. 

 

“To my room!” Minhyuk replied.

 

“Who the said you have a room here?!” Yonghwa shouted back.

 

“Who the said I don’t?!” Minhyuk shouted, voice fading.

 

 

“You can come out now.” Seolhyun closed the door. “The warden is gone.” 

 

Krystal rolled out from under the bed and coughed. “Ugh, the dust.” She whined.

 

“I am sorry princess that you have to stay under the bed.” Amber helped Krystal to stand up. “Maybe if you go back to your home and stay in one of the three bedrooms you will not have to in all the dust.” Amber said jokingly before Krystal pinched her on her shoulder.

 

“Well, that hurt.” Krystal pouted and sat on the bed next to Luna.

 

“And a fact.” Luna added. “How long are you going to illegally stay in our room?”

 

“Just tonight.” Krystal rolled on the bed and Luna ended up getting pushed away from her own bed. Luna tried to say something about her bed but just let it pass. “I cannot face that asshead right now. If I do you guys might have to visit me in the prison.”

 

“Why?” Seolhyun creased her brows.

 

“Murder charge.” Krystal said, her face, dead serious.

 

“You are being dramatic.” Amber said as she took out a bag of potato chips from her closet. Always being the food supplier, her closet look like a convenience store. She offered some to Krystal and smiled. “Antidepressant.”

 

“You are the best.” Krystal gave Amber a hug and started munching.

 

“Of course I am.” Amber shrugged and raised her hands before she dabbed.

 

“Now you are being annoying.” Krystal said with full with chips.

 

“What are you going to do now?” Seolhyun asked as she gave herself a little spin as she sat on the chair in front of the study table. “I am very worried Kang Minhyuk is a man and you are a woman. Your excessive temperamental is not helping either. What if-” Seolhyun expressed her concern.

 

“No.” Krystal continued munching. “He will not do such things.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter