Chapter 2 : How to Make an Enemy 101

The Accidental Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are a few reason people ended up being an enemy.

Sometimes.

For the stupidest thing.

Or unreasonable thing.

First. Disastrous first meeting.

Yes. Just like how Krystal and Minhyuk met. That stupid banter because of one bottle of mineral bottle set up a disastrous first meeting that they would ended up remembering forever. As a bad memory of course. Maybe it could be good but we would never knew.

The future is funny.

The thing about disastrous first meeting was- it brought you to the next disastrous meetings. Meetings. With an ‘s’. Plurals. That was the key. they did not knew what was coming for them.

“How did that stupid fight about mineral water ended up with you wishing him to die anyway?” Luna asked as they queued for the food, pointing to the chicken as the cafe staff asked her between the chicken and fish.     .

“He called me big head because I’m stubborn.” Krystal started to whine. “That asshead. He does not even know me.” Krystal whined and pouted. You know, like a cute brat she was. “How can he makes that conclusion? Even you guys never call me like that.”

“We did.” Luna glanced at Krystal. “In different context and word.”

“What is this?” Krystal said as Luna walked away. “You should be on my side.”

“Chicken or fish?” The cafe staff asked.

“Fish.” 

“Fish.” 

Minhyuk and Krystal glared at each other.

“I am sorry.” The cafe staff apologized awkwardly. “There are only one left. One of you have to end up with the chicken.” She tried to smile politely but she lost the ability to when she was caught in the fury of two most ridiculous person on Earth.

“She will take the chicken.” 

“He will take the chicken.”

Another glare.

“Back off.”

“Stop it.”

They both put the food tray down before Minhyuk took a step forward and Krystal took a step forward. “The chicken is also delici-” The cafe staff stopped immediately after she was given the eye. You know, the eye. It was horrible.

“Sure. Just make sure you inform me that you return to the orientation session after you meet with your parents.” Luna smiled to the junior that was asking her if she could step out a moment to meet her parents that came to visit her to drop off things. “Okay. Not a problem.”

“Food.” Amber singsonged as she took a seat beside Seolhyun. The cafeteria was packed and they ended up sitting with their juniors. “Where is Krystal?” Amber asked, staring around.

“Holy mother of .” Seolhyun blurted out.

“What?” Luna and Amber asked at the same time before they caught on.

“Holy mother of all .” Amber blurted out before all three of them scampered out of their seats to the queue of students that was waiting for their food and apparently now witnessing another fight of Minhyuk and Krystal.

“Jungshin.” Minhwan pointed.

“What?” Jungshin turned around as he munched on his food before he almost choked and Minhwan had to pat him on his back while Seunghyub handed him a glass of water. “What the is wrong with that kid today?” Jungshin rushed out of his seat and half run to Minhyuk. 

“Kang Minhyuk.” 

“Krystal Jung.” 

“Stop it.” Luna and Jungshin said at the same time before they pulled their respective friend to their side. It was silent. As if they both were fighting using telepathy but their eyes never left each other.

“Jungshin.” Luna greeted.

“Luna.” Jungshin acknowledged her presence. “Now you airhead come with me. What the was that?” Jungshin asked, dragging Minhyuk outside the cafeteria before he decided to burst into a flame and attacked someone (it was a metaphor)

“She was being a .” Minhyuk claimed.

“And you did not just act like a pain in the to her?” Jungshin raised his brows.

“I-” Minhyuk scratched his head, staring awkwardly around like he was a five years old that got scold by his parents. “-I might have been a pain in the to her too.” He said slowly. 

“I’ve never seen her around before.” Minhyuk blurted out.

“That’s because you never give a damn about anyone.” Jungshin handed Minhyuk a can of cold coffee that he just bought from the vending machine. “She’s always around assisting the orientation every semester. She’s the vice president of the chemical engineering association. Friend with Luna.”

“Luna?” Minhyuk took a gulp of the coffee. “The one that you have a crush on?”

“I don’t have a crush on her.” Jungshin looked away immediately.

“I don’t know.” Minhyuk smiled. “You talk about her all the time.”

“I was badmouthing her.” Jungshin smacked Minhyuk on his head.

“She looked cute when she is all rile up is not badmouthing.” Minhyuk pointed out and Jungshin knew he had been defeated by his best friend. Minhyuk took another gulp of coffee before he chuckled and found himself getting another smack from Jungshin.

“Please-” Minhyuk scoffed as he threw the now empty can into the trash bin. “-mortal enemy my .” Minhyuk smirked at Jungshin. “You just used that as a cover up to talk to her. I am not blind. Not deaf either.”

“Why do we even have this conversation?” Jungshin scratched his head

“Cause you can’t hold yourself from mentioning her name.” Minhyuk smiled.

“You wanker.” Jungshin whined. “Stop.”

“Calm down.” Minhyuk chuckled. “No one is here.”

“Shut your damn mouth and get back inside.” Jungshin pointed at the hall a few steps away from where they were. “And don’t get into trouble. I can’t believe you pick a fight like a five years old.” Jungshin muttered as he walked away.

“She started it first.” Minhyuk tried to catch up with Jungshin.

“Did I said like five years old?” Jungshin glanced at him.

“Ugh.” Minhyuk groaned. 


And another disastrous meeting.

We did mentions meetings. With ‘s’. Plurals.

And that was how Seolhyun ended up using all of her strength to stop Krystal from marching to Minhyuk to kick his while he gave her a smirk because according to Krystal, Minhyuk cheated in the tug of war. She deduced that because he was giving her the look.

No one knew how ‘the look’ look like yet.

Or how Jungshin really considering handcuffing Minhyuk to him so he would not round the university in search of Krystal because she cheated in the treasure hunt. And no one wanted to know how in the world both of them ended up with mud all over their clothes because the treasure hunt did not involve any places with mud.

And that was all just in one day.

 


And two. Unnecessary meddler.

Between a fight. There would be a group of gossip lurking meddler. This was where the story started to escalate real quick. There would be too many unpaid journalist adding unchecked facts to their story to make it more interesting. Well, it did not ended up interesting. It ended up making someone mad.

“Oh-” Seohyun stared at the tall figure that just walked in, now lying himself down on Yonghwa’s lap. “-you are still alive. I thought you said you are going to die without the two of us.” She let out a small smile after Minhyuk threw her a glare.

“Hyung-” Minhyuk called. “-I miss you.”

“What to do?” Yonghwa sighed. “I don’t.”

“Hyung.” Minhyuk groaned and he heard Seohyun laughing at him from the kitchen.

“Sometimes I got confuse-” Seohyun was heard from the kitchen. “-am I your cousin or Yonghwa?” Seohyun asked. “You seemed to love him more than me.” Seohyun said, peeking from the kitchen.

“How could you have that kind of thoughts?” Minhyuk asked. “Of course I love you more. You saw me in my nappy and that was a very good blackmail materials. Will never risk anything for it.” Minhyuk answered calmly earning a laughter from Yonghwa and Seohyun.

“I heard you get into a fight today.” Yonghwa asked, eyes on television.

“Did my principal called you?” Minhyuk sarcastically asked.

“Jungshin said he was worried about your-” Yonghwa glanced. “-emotion.”

“It was just a stupid fight.” Minhyuk lazily answered. “She was being a pain in the .” Minhyuk shrugged, scratching his nape as he tried to focus on the news on the television.

“She?” Seohyun asked. “A girl? You have a fight with a girl?”

“A psycho will be more appropriate but-”

“Kang Minhyuk.” Seohyun stared down at the younger man.

“It was not physical.” Minhyuk knew what Seohyun was about to say. “It was just verbal. And all we did was sassing and dissing. Occasional shouting. It was a healthy fight.” Minhyuk grinned.

“Healthy fight my . Don’t go overboard Kang Minhyuk or I will kill you myself.” Seohyun nagged before she went back to the kitchen. “Have you eat yet?” Seohyun asked, shouting from the kitchen.

“No.” Minhyuk answered, now sitting down on the couch.. “I thought you said you are going home tomorrow morning. Why are you back now?” Minhyuk asked, taking the remote control to increase the volume of the television.

“Seohyun have an early meeting tomorrow. Can’t risk it.” Yonghwa said before he grab the remote control from Minhyuk and lowered down the volume. “That’s too loud.” Yonghwa complained.

“No it’s not.” Minhyuk took back the remote control.

“One. Two. Three-” Yonghwa started counting.

“Yah-” Seohyun shouted from the kitchen. “-do you want the entire building to hear you?!” Minhyuk heard Yonghwa chuckling beside him and immediately lowered down the volume of the television.

“I told you so.” Yonghwa teased.

“Your phone is ringing.” Minhyuk nudged Yonghwa.

“I don’t have Spongebob theme song as my ring tone.” Yonghwa smacked the younger one on his back before Minhyuk looked like he had an epiphany and started to rummage his back pocket.

“Oh-” Minhyuk smiled. “-Principal Jungshin. What’s up?” Minhyuk laughed at his own lame joke. “University bulletin?” Minhyuk raised his brows. “That crap still exist? I thought no one read it anymore. Okay. I will check it out.”

“Why did he said don’t go crazy?” Minhyuk murmured as he opened the link that Jungshin sent him. “Why would I go crazy-”

“WHAT KIND OF BULL IS THIS?!” Minhyuk shouted that Yonghwa flinched.

“What happen?!” Seohyun shouted from the kitchen and ran to the front.

Yonghwa grabbed the phone from Minhyuk as the latter continued to curse as he walked to another end to another end of the apartment. Yonghwa showed the cause of Minhyuk going berserk to Seohyun.


KANG MINHYUK AND KRYSTAL JUNG NASTY BREAKUP IS THE CAUSE OF THEIR NASTY BANTERS


“ WHAT THE ?” Krystal shouted. “I DON’T EVEN KNOW HIM BEFORE THIS !” The whole house was filled with Krystal shouting all the words that a kid should never heard off.

“From our trusted sources-”

“Trusted my .” Luna murmured. 

“-it had been reported that Minhyuk and Krystal had been dating on and off since

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter