Chapter One

Wayward Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ga In stood in the morning light, her scarf around her neck pulled up against the chilly breeze.  

The building she marvelled at was as grey as the pavement below and the sky above, appearing as impermanent as the clouds, as though it would vanish into air without notice. The only prominent feature was the silver sign beside the entrance door that read "Bangtan Incorporated"

" Best in the business right? Let's do this" Ga In whispered under her breath as she walked in. Her first official job interview. 

The position she applied for was secretary to one of the CEOs. Min Yoongi. Rumor has it none of his secretaries lasted more than three months. A no nonsense up tight genius, Ga In felt that they would work well together. 

As she arrived on the 8th floor, she saw some 20 something people waiting to be interviewed. One by one they went in and left either in tears or in anger. 

" Song Ga In , you can go in now" the receptionist said

Being the last to be interviewed was both a blessing and a curse. Upon entering the room, the first person she saw was Min Yoongi and he looked frustrated.  

" Take a seat Ms Song, my name is Hong Seok Cheon and Im head of human resources." the bald man introduced himself. He snuck a peek at Yoongi before introducing him. Yoongi merely grunted in response. 

" Can you tell us a little about yourself?" Seok Cheon asked as he shifted through Ga in's resume. 

As she readied herself to answer a low voice interrupted the still air. 

" You graduated from Sungkyunkwan University as valedictorian, with an invitation to Mensa and yet after three years you are applying to be a secretary.  Why?" Yoongi asked looking straight at Ga in.  

Seok Cheon frantically looked at Ga In and Yoongi. Trying to catch up. Ga In gave a slow smile before answering. 

" For the money sir. The basic salary can cover my expenses and then some. And if rumors in the waiting area are to be believed, you don't like social gatherings or any unnecessary interactions. And that suits me perfectly. "  

For the first time since the interviews started Yoongi smiled. Seok Cheon was gaping. This girl is too honest for her own good. 

" You have the qualifications to be Ceo" Yoongi pressed. 

" Too much work" Ga In answered. 

" What have you done in the past few years?" Yoongi continued. 

" Odd jobs here and there, became a bartender, lingerie designer, lounge singer" and a tattoo artist to name a few"  Ga In replied. 

" And how does that help you with this job? " He asked skeptically

" I read people better, I can tell what makes people tick. I learnt to think on my feet, to trust my gut instincts. On the streets one mistake can cost more than you can afford" Ga In replied 

" Pretty words an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter