[ Chapter 2 ] Forced

Tainted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a Friday morning and Yui tiredly dragged her heavy body to school, not forgetting to feed Grey and pat him on the head before she left. 

"See you later buddy~"

She made her way to school as usual, wearing earphones and letting her music disconnect her from reality. School was a pain in the , she didn't have bad grades but she didn't have good grades either. She was more or less average. 

"Students, we have a new student from Japan here for an exchange. She will spend a year with us before going back to Japan so make her feel welcome."

A soft-spoken voice made Yui's ears perk up and she raised her head from the desk. The same beautiful girl she saw last night and threatened was standing at the front, her beauty radiating like sunrays. 

"Hello everybody, my name is Myoui Mina. Nice to meet you all." She bowed politely and scanned the class, her eyes landed on Yui. 

Mina sent a gummy smile towards Yui and she supressed the urge to smile back, leaning back onto the desk. The teacher asked her who she wanted to be her 'buddy' for the day and show her around to school so she can adapt quickly to the Korean school system. Almost everybody raised their hand, wanting to become friends with the Japanese girl. 

"So you can choose whoever you want." The teacher said proudly. 

Mina hummed and looked at the students who raised their hands, but none of them particularly caught her eye.

"Yui-chan."

The class went silent in a matter of seconds and their arms slowly descended. The teacher was clearly nervous and flustered. Yui raised her head up again and stared at Mina, glaring slightly at the girl. 

"Y-Y-Yui-ssi?" The teacher stammered. "A-A-Alright..Yui-ssi, can you take care of Mina here?"

Mina pondered why the teacher addressed Yui with such formality, she was just a student after all and the teacher had more authority over her. However the thought disappeared when Yui sighed and nodded her head, pulling the empty seat out for Mina. Mina skipped happily towards the Korean girl and sat down next to her, giving her a big smile.

"Hi! I didn't think we would meet again Yui-chan." She giggled. "Hows the puppy?"

"Why do you keep calling me Yui-chan? It's weird." She grimaced. "But Grey is fine, he was just hungry."

"Hmm is it really weird? I call you Yui-chan 'cause that's how we address our friends in Japan." Mina explained. 

"Who said we were friends?" Yui growled. 

"Aren't we?" Mina asked, confused. 

Yui just exhaled loudly and slumped back in her seat, shutting her eyes to get the rest she missed last night. A feeling that someone was staring at her made her restless and she opened her eyes, seeing Mina staring intently at her. A warm feeling bloomed from her insides, making her stomach churn and she narrowed her eyes at Mina. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter