Chapter 5

Mayday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why would we go with both of you ? Eomma and Chanho can just stay at home."

Joohyun looks at Jinyoung who is looking at her back. They are having dinner together when Jinyoung suddenly announced that they are going to Jeju together for a family holiday. They are going to bring their son and their mother together.

"It is a family holiday, Eomma." Jinyoung says for the second time. He knows that his mother does not want to follow more like she wants to give him and Joohyun space for their honeymoon. Yes. Honeymoon. Jinyoung and Joohyun finally got married to each other today. It was a simple wedding and they small family straightly went to the studio to take photos for their memories. They straightly went back home for their family dinner of 4. It is small but Joohyun is happy and she prays that it will last forever. She accepts Jinyoung not because she owes him and his mother. She has known Jinyoung for 3 years and he is such a nice guy. Joohyun is glad that she met Jinyoung and his mother. It is a lie if there is no feeling involved during these past three years of knowing him. She is scared to re-try again for a marriage but Jinyoung assures her they are going to be strong and support each other. 

"Still, Eomma can take care of Chanho. Right, Chanho ?" Jinyoung's mother caresses her grandchild's head only to make the toddler nods his head in agreement. It makes Joohyun happy too knowing that Chanho is being welcomed in this family. He even carries Jinyoung's surname as suggested by Jinyoung and his mother. That makes Joohyun throwbacks to when she gave birth to Chanho. She was in pain and she was flustered when one of the nurses back then asked the whereabout of the father of the unborn baby. Jinyoung and his mother were there and he straightly admitted that he was the father and proceeded on registering for her admission before he went inside together with her. Basically, he was acting like her husband back then. He held her hand tightly and did not forget to give her words of encouragement. Furthermore, he was the one who helped her to deliver Chanho being a doctor himself. Joohyun wakes up from her reverie upon hearing her mother in law's voice.

"Or you are not confident enough that Eomma can take care of Chanho ?" The old lady asks making Joohyun shakes her head immediately.

"Eomonim, it is not like that. Please do not be offended." Joohyun places her hand on top of her mother in law. She does not want her mother in law to think like that. If she needs someone to take care of her son during her absence, her mother in law is the right candidate. She trusts her as much as she trusts her husband. Joohyun then looks at her husband as she bites her lower lips.

"Joohyun is correct, Eomma. You will be the first person we would ask for a help to take care of Chanho. Let's go to Jeju together for a family holiday, shall we ?" Jinyoung asks again, holding onto his mother's hand.

 

****

"Let me help you." Joohyun says as she takes a clean cloth to wipe the wet bowls that her husband just washed after their dinner. He can do everything and is not awkward at all to do all the house chores. He even helps his mother with farming during his off day aside from helping her at the restaurant to which Joohyun also offers her help during weekend at the restaurant.  Jinyoung acknowledges his wife's presence by giving a smile before his mother interrupts the newlyweds. 

"Joohyun, let Chanho sleeps in his own room."

Oh crap! Joohyun forgets that starting tonight she will share the same room as Jinyoung. She used to sleep together with her son and tonight there is no her son. It is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter