Chapter 1

Mayday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Family ?  How does it feel having a family ? Having parents with you since you were kids ? Bragging about your parents in school. Having parents who send you to school. Having parents who play with you.

Having a mother that you will search for when you have your first menstrual. Having a father that you will search for when a boy breaks your heart. Having parents who you will introduce a boy that makes your heart flutter. 

How does parents' hugs feel like ? Especially when you are sad. Is it warm ? Gosh. I am so curious.

Parents ?

I lived with my aunt ever since I was a baby. According to my aunt, my parents died in an accident. Ever since that, she took care of me like her own child.

But not long after that when I was 9 years old, my aunt had followed my parents. She had suffered from a cancer that took her live away. Because I had no one, I had to live in an orphanage.

Growing up in an orphanage has taught me to be independent. I did well in school and got accepted into one of the universities in Seoul with full scholarship. I met a man in the university and I swear he was my first love. He was the first boy that I loved. 

Of course I played hard at first but he did not stop courting me. He kept trying and kept giving me chocolates and flowers. Everyone in our faculties had known. I finally fell in love with him that made me accepted him as my boyfriend.

We were known as one the famous couples in university. He was quite popular among the students since he was a football captain and my sunbae. Well. As for me, he was not that handsome. I did not understand what is so special about a football captain. Yes. He looked manly. 

It looks like they have an aura that makes them outstanding. All girls squealed when a group of this football team walking past them.

What about me ? Lol. I had been threatened a few times by his admirers. They are pretty famous and have pretty faces. They also come from rich families while me ? An orphan that can be considered as poor. I work part time in the weekends to support my living. According to my friends, I have a face that will definitely make all boys go crazy. Am I pretty ? I look like a potato compared to other girls who trying to wooing him.

In our second year, he then graduated first while I had only a year left before I graduated. Three years into a relationship, he wanted to tie the knot. He got jealous easily and did not want another man proposed to me. He proposed to me when we had our anniversary dinner. I thought being married to the man I love would make me feel the love from a family but I guess it was not. He came from a chaebol family. 

He did not say about his family being a chaebol when we dated. I only knew he was rich but I did not expect he was a chaebol. Yes. Chaebol. Just like typical dramas, his mother actually wanted him to marry someone who had the same title as them. Which mother did not freak out when her only son dated a poor woman. To add, an orphan. 

I was disqualified. I did not have parents. I came from an orpahanage. I was alone. I tried to break up with him for the sake of his mother but we loved each other so much. I finally decided to win her heart to accept me as her daughter in law. Her son was her only son. Whether she wanted or not, she needed to accept me as her daughter in law. I will keep trying to win her heart until she accepts me one day. 

My father in law is very nice. He accepts me into his family. I need an extra effort to make my mother in law likes and accepts me. I can say she is slowly accepting me as her daughter in law. Well. It is not fully accepted but that is a good improvement. She also made rules before we got married. Rules for chaebol daughter in law to be followed also her friends' daughter in law. The rules are:

I cannot work I must follow her to every charity work I must involve in charity work twice per month I must organise a charity event once per month  I cannot drive and must use a driver I need to follow my husband to every event he attends and every event organized by his company

I follow all these rules even though a part of me want to work. I know my husband is a chaebol but I feel like my certificates are such a waste. Whether I like it or not, I need to accept the rules as soon as we got married.

We have been married for almost two years. Happily married and yes. We live in the same house as my parents in law. He is the only child and one thing that makes me feel uncomfortable and uneasy is because my husband follows everything said by my mother in law. I cannot ask him to find a new house for us. I do not want to make my mother in law hates me more. She might think I want to control and want to take her only son from her. 

I know as a son he needs to listen to his mother but he should consider me as his wife too right? I do not dare to talk. Even though I got a title as a wife to her son and a daughter in law to her it still makes me an outsider.

I do not have anyone. During my wedding day, I only invited a few people from my orphanage and my friends. We have four maids in this house or should I say a mansion.

They are my friends and I treat them like a family. I always try do everything by myself instead of asking help from the maids. They are afraid of my mother in law. Well. I do too. She i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter