Chapter 3

Finding you

   The members  were practicing for their performance for  an award function in the practice room.

“Hyung,when will the pictures of fan meeting be released?”Jungkook asked Jimin during break time.

“I have no idea , better ask the manager .”Jimin replied..

“Oh the pictures? They just got released from our fanpage last night.”Taehyung approached them.

“What ?You didn’t even care to tell me?” Jungkook asked furiously.

“I didn’t think it mattered.” Taehyung  yelled as Junkook ran towards the exit.”Whats wrong with him?”

Jungkook  rushed to his dormitory , his desktop and immediately logged into the BTS fanpage.

He scrolled through the pictures , carefully scanning the  pictures to look for a familiar face. An hour had passed since he had started looking, his eyes burnt from constantly staring at the screen and still no luck.

“Jungkook?”Jimin peeped in through the door, “Any luck?” he came and sat beside him.

“No hyung”he answered dejectedly.

“Let it be kid. Maybe it wasn’t in your  destiny  to meet her again.”he consoled.

“I cant !! I was so close to her this time!!”Jungkook  slammed his head on the table.

“Take some rest.”Jimin ruffled his hair and got up to leave.

“Hyung!!”Jungkook jolted right up on his seat,”These cant be all the pictures that were taken..can they??”he asked.

“Of course, hundreds were  taken, only a few get uploaded.”Jimin explained.”But you cant go looking for all of the pictures.”

“Maybe I can.” Jungook reached for his phone to call the manager.

The next day, the manager handed Jungkook a hardisk full of pictures from the event.

“What are you going with them anyways.”he asked.

“Its just for a project that I am doing.”Jungkook explained.

“Can I know what that is?”

“You’ll know”Jungkook beamed and dashed off to his room.

Two hours and two cups of coffee later, when Jungkook was ready to give up when he finally found her. He had almost missed her if it had not been for another girl standing right next to her holding a “marry me jungkook”sign. The girl seemed highly enthusiastic  and was smiling  widely at the camera,however the girl he was concerned with  stood right next to her with folded arms and disgust on her face as if she was embaressed to stand next to her friend. Jungkook could not help but smile at the comical picture.

He picked up the laptop and ran outside , yelling,”Hyung!!I found her!!”

The other members who were chilling , were startled by his feat.

“Whom did you find??”Taehyung propped up from the sofa.

“The girl!!”Jungkook pushed his hyung off the sofa and showed everyone the picture. “The girl from six years ago!! I found her!!”

Everyone gathered around him to get a view of the girl who had their maknae  obsess over her all these years. The girl they were looking at was pretty tall,or atleast taller than the ones surrounding her. She was wearing  blue jeans and pink pullover . She had a pale round face and jet black hair which was pulled back into a ponytail. Her lips were pulled into a scowl and she looked pretty much out of place surrounded by the zealous fans.

“Are you sure its her?”Hoseok asked in confusion.

“Of course hyung, but now the question is how do I know to get her name?”Jungkook pursed his lips.

“You could always ask the fans ?”Jin said.

“And what make us look like creeps,”Hey guys”can you tell us who this girl is?we’ve been meaning to stalk her.!!”Taehyung  imitated Jin and received a smack from his hyung.

“I  think  I might know something that might help.”Yoongi chimed in , who was until now busy  playing he video game,” You remember a few years ago, we ran a contest online where we asked people to tag themselves and other people they know from the event photos and he we will chose the meet the lucky ones?”

“Right!! You can ask the fans to tag everyone and then we can ask a few of the to meet with us personally  and you can invite your girl over!!”Hoseok said brightly.

“Thanks hyung!!”Jungkook hugged Yoongi ,who scolwed, and called up his manager.

 Two days had gone past since the competition went online and they received  a lot of entries.However, they could not find the entry for the girl they were looking for.

The boys were taking a break from their practice session. They had a huge upcoming concert in Seoul next week and a major chunk of their schedule involved preparing for the concert. Junkook, however would steal moments from the practice to check up on the mystery girl. Often he would wake up late at night looking for the girl, to get updates if someone had tagged her and ended up getting late for practice the next day.

“Maybe she is not on any social media.”Jin tried to console a sulking Jungkook.

“Listen kookie , you tried your best to find her , but now its high time you start focusing on the upcoming concert , you have already missed a lot of practice sessions.”Namjoon  advised him.

“He is right kid, get over  her.”Yoongi added,”Lets focus on the concert.”

Jungkook was still looking at the picture. He knew just staring at the picture wouldn’t help, but somehow he wished deep within his heart that if he stared at it long enough maybe she would magically appear in front of him. He had memorized the picture by heart.  The way her black hair curled down and framed her face, and annoyed but slightly amused expression on her face, her eyebrows curled into  a frown, how she crossed her arms and her long slender legs were clearly etched in his mind.

 

Finally, the day of the concert arrived, and it was huge success. All the tickets were sold out and the group got a huge response from the fans.The guys were relaxing in the dressing room when their manager came in,”Guys!! There are some people I would like you to meet”

“Who?”Jin propped up from the sofa.

“There is a group of kids waiting for you outside. They have come from the Cancer Childrens’ Hospital. The agency is helping them as a part of our CSR. I know you guys are tired but please be nice to them.”he said.

As soon as the guys heard about this their faces lighted up and they forgot all their exhaustion. They cheerfully greeted the kids who were ushered in by their caretaker. Most of the kids were quiet small in age and it was really heartbreaking to see them in such a terrible condition.

The members started clicking pictures with them and giving them their autograph.It was very difficult to say that the kids were suffering so much,  all of them were very excited to see the members and had brought several handmade gifts and cards for the boys , which they accepted thankfully.

Jungkook was standing in the corner , observing  the children when someone tugged at his sleeve. He looked down to see a small girl smiling up at him. She was holding a small package in her hand which was stretched in his direction.He got down on his knees and took the package from the girl’s hands.

“Is this for me?”he asked to which the girl nodded shyly.He opened the package and found a handmade bracelet.

“It is a lucky charm.”the girl said in a small squeaky voice.

“Thank you so much “Jungkook ruffled her hair,”would you like to put on my wrist.”he gave her he bracelet. The girl took It and rolled it up his hand. Jungkook’s heart was warmed by her innocence. He got many gifts from his fans but this one was probably one of the best gifts he got.

“You know what, I have something to give you too.He reached for his bag and started rummaging in his bag for the chocolates  he always kept for emergencies. He pulled out two large chocolate bars and in the process managed to spill a few of his bag’s belongings.  He quickly started gathering his stuff.

A paper from his bag had flown over to the girls feet. The girl picked up the paper and opened it. Jungkook reached over to take the paper from the girl’s hand but stopped when he saw her change expressions.

“Noona?”she said surprisingly.

“What are you doing with noona’s picture?”she asked Jungkook 

“Who noona?”he asked in confusion.

The girl pointed at the girl in the picture. Jungkook could not believe his eyes when he saw who was the girl pointing at. It was the same girl he had been running after all these days.

“You know her?he asked her excitedly.

“Yes. She is our Sunny noona. She takes care of us.” She said

“Has she come here today?”he started looking around the room looking for a familiar face.

“No, Minha  noona has come with us today.”she pointed at a lady standing in the far corner of the room talking to his manager.

Jungkook thanked the girl , handed her the chocolates and rushed to the other end of the

“Excuse me?”he interrupted. The lady looked up to see his face and her eyes widened. She was clearly awestruck when Jungkook approached her.  Her cheeks turned red and sweat beads started forming on her forehead.

“Yea...h”she faltered.

“Is there by any chance  you guys visited the fan meeting that happened two weeks ago?”he asked curiously.

“Oh ...me ...no ..this is my first time meeting you”she said flustered. Jungkook was starting to get annoyed.” Its not that I did not want to come . I tried my best but then I got held up at the hospital. One of the kids got really sick, so I asked my friend to fill in.” she would have continued blabbering if Jungkook had not interrupted.

“And who is this friend?”he inquired.

“Her name is Sunny. She is actually an intern at the hospital. I even gave her my copy of the CD to get signed but they she didn’t , apparently it was too crowded for her. Speaking of which can you sign this for me?” she pulled out her copy of the group’s latest  album and looked expectantly at Jungkook.

Suddenly his annoyance turned into happiness. “Sure!!”he took the CD and signed it for her,”If you don’t mind, can I come over to your hospital someday to pay the kids a visit.”he grinned at her.

“Sure!!anytime,just give us a call I’ll be happy to show you around.”her face had become as red as the tomato.

 

When the guys reached their dormitory. Jungkook told them everything.

“So are you going to visit her soon?”Hoseok enquired.

“I hope I do.”Jungkook smiled.He could not sleep that night.

“Finally I found you.”