Chapter 2

Finding you

6 years later

“Just have faith in yourself.”the heard girl’s dreamy voice echo through the darkness, Jungkook turned around frantically to look for the source.

“Where I you?”

“I just live across the corner.”the voice replied,just then a brown pug came trotting towards him, holding  a ball in its mouth . She dropped the ball to his feet and looked up to him,”You will never find me.”the dog smiled . Jungkook could not believe his eyes, a talking dog?

“Am I dreaming?”he said in counfusion.

“Jungkook!!Jungkook!! wake up , we’ve reached Seoul.” Taehyung ‘s voice boomed through the darkness and Jungkook woke with a jolt.

“What did we land yet?”he asked groggily.

“Yes!!And I have been trying to wake you up for the past five minutes.” Taehyung sounded annoyed”Lets go.”

As the boys stepped outside the Incheon airport, a wave of  cheers greeted them. Their fan were waiting  for them outside the airport. As soon as they  saw the boys they started shouting and taking pictures,some of them even dropped fan letters in front of them. The boys waved back  at them and got into the car and drove away.

It had been  5 years since the guys debuted .An year after Jungkook met her,BTS debuted . And now they have become one of the most successful k pop idols, their fame spreading across continents.They have thousand of fans supporting them,they worship them. Their albums have reached top of the charts, all of their concerts sell out and they are the hot topic wherever they go.Jungkook has achieved a lot  at a very young age. He is one of the most sought after idols in the industry, he has everything that he ever  wanted, still there is a void inside of him, he has someone missing from his life. The girl he met that fateful night, the girl who gave him the strength to hang on and chase his dream. The girl , who even did not know him, gave him a shoulder when he needed the most.

He tried looking for the girl and her dog for several days. Whenever, he got the time he went around the area near Han river hoping to find her. He would often sit on the bench , waiting for her to come,but she never did. He often wondered if the girl lied to him, or if she was just an illusion. But most importantly he worked harder than before. Even after he got worldwide fame, he didn’t stop looking for her, he looked for her in every river bank he passed by, around every brown pug he sees and in every girl he sees wearing a white dress.

The boys were waiting at the backstage of a fansign event in Seoul. Thousands o fan had gathered around to get the copies of their  latest album signed.As soon as the name of the boys  was called out, they entered the stage and greeted the fans with  great enthusiasm. The crowd cheered for them even more loudly. They interacted with the fans for a few minutes and then sat behind the table to get the signing process started. Though the guys had to sit all the time, still the process was quiet tedious , they had to sign thousand of copies and they had to go on without any breaks. Even if they were tired, they could not show it on their faces, they were supposed to greet each of their fans with the same enthusiasm. Soon the event was over and the boys got into the car to leave.

Jungkook really enjoyed attending these events, he really liked interacting with the fans face to face, joking around and teasing them. So when they were leaving , he rolled down the windows of his car, and bade them goodbye enthusiastically. He scanned the faces of of their fans one last time, suddenly his eyes fell on a girl standing amongst the crowd. He knew the face, he could have recognized her anywhere.

“Hyung!! Stop the car!!”he said to his manager urgently.

“Jungkook, what happened?”the manager was confused,”did you forget something?”

“Stop please.”seeing Jungkook in so much panic,the manager stopped the car. He immediately jumped out of the car,and dashed to the place where he had seen her. He scanned through the faces to look for her,  but unfortunately could not find her. The crowd started cheering harder when they saw him frantically moving amongst them.

“Where are you? Show your face..”he mumbled, he was so lost in finding her , that he forgot where he was. He was almost on the verge of being drowned by the crowd, when he was pulled back by his manager.

“Have you lost your mind??”he pulled him towards the car.

“Just one more minute.”Jungkook resisted .

“Jungkook,let’s go!”this time the manager said sternly . Finally Jungkook gave up and followed his manager, not before giving one last look.

The  other members had also got down to see what Jungkook was upto.

“Hey kid!dont you think you are getting a bit too adventurous these days?”Jin mocked.

“Don’t you ever do that again!!”Namjoon glared at him and all of them got into the car and drove off.

“Hyung, I saw her!!”Jungook said excitedly.

“Who?” Taehyung looked confused.

“The girl I told you about!!.”

“You talk about so many girls how am I supposed to know.”

“You don’t remember??when before our debut , I fought with all of you and ran away, and the girl I met?”

“Aaah!! You couldn’t stop talking about her.”

“Yes,I saw her in the crowd!!”

“That was so many years ago, how do you even remember her face?”Namjoon interfered.

“I bet he has started hallucinating!!”Jin snickered.”What drug do you take?”

“Huyng! I am serious.I can never forget her face.I am pretty sure I saw her.” Jungkook defended.

“Aish!!This kid is going crazy!!”Suga  smacked Jungkook on his head.

“I am not!!”Junkook pouted and started looking out the window to avoid the others.”I am hundred percent sure I saw you.I have looked for you for so many years , I will not let you go this time. I will find you.”he promised.

 

It was late at night and all the members were resting after a day of hard work.But Jungkook could not  sleep, he kept thinking about her and how should he look for her. Whenever, he closed his eyes her face flashed in front of him.

“Is she an army?”he thought.”It would be so nice if that is true.”

“What am I thinking. She was at our event. Why else would she be there? Does she recognize me from that night?What if she doesn’t ?Even if I find her , how will I explain everything to her. She will think I am crazy. What if I don’t find her, what if she gets lost again?”he was so frustrated that he buried his face in his pillow.Finally he gave up and went to the living room.

“Probably I should play some video game, I might feel sleepy after it.”he dragged his leg .Just then he saw the lights of Jimin’s room still on.We opened the door slightly, an peeped in. He saw  Jimin  working in front of the computer.

“Hyung?You haven’t slept yet?”

“I had some work to do.What happened to you?”he beckoned Jungkook to sit beside him.

“I couldn’t sleep .”he moved over to the bed.

“Why?”

“I know even you will make fun of me if I tell you this.” He mumbled.

“Try me.”

“Its about earlier today...”

“You mean the girl?”

“I promise hyung I saw her in the crowd.”

“You might be mistaken . You saw her six years ago and that too just once. A lot of things change after such a long time.”

“No hyung, I clearly remember her face. And even if I was mistaken, I need to make sure it wasn’t her. But there were so many people there.”

“Hmmmm...I have an idea.”Jimin said thoughtfully.”Why don’t you check the photos of the events once they are out, you may find her there.”

“Are you sure ,what is she wasn’t captured”

“That’s the only way I see.”

“Hmmm..lets see..”Jungkook  winked slid inside the duvet.

“Ya!!go to your room!!”Jimin yelled.

“Too tired!!”and he dozed off.