Just Two Minutes

Somewhere Between Dream and Fantasy

 

“Ok, here are the ground rules.” Bam Bam stood in front of the screen as the title menu played behind him.

 

“Certainly. There have to be ground rules.” Completely intending to ignore all of his rules, Lexi feigned interest.

 

“Each game is hands off-so no distracting the other player physically.” She rolled her eyes. What did this guy think she was going to do? She hadn’t laid a hand on anyone since she got here! “And the winner of each round gets a wish granted by the other player.” A Cheshire grin spread across his face.

 

What on earth did this guy have planned. “Fine.” She conceded. “Let’s just play, ok? I need to redeem myself.”

 

They started simple and the first match ended up being a close one, but the result of a perfectly placed red shell landed Lexi in 4th and Bam Bam in 2nd.  “I win!” He gloated from the seat next to her. “Wish time!”

 

Lexi rolled her eyes. “If it hadn’t a been for that damn red shell I would have won.” She crossed her arms and sulked. Looking away she conceded, “What’s your wish?”

 

“How about a kiss?” His smirk returned and she slowly turned to face him again.

 

“I’m sorry, what?”

 

“My first wish is for a kiss. From you.” He batted his eyes innocently. Lexie stared with open and Bam Bam attempted to use his adorable charms to sway her. She had no idea how or why it was working.

 

“So, you’re saying that your wish…is for me—someone you just met--to kiss you. Because of Mario Cart.”

 

“I’d hardly call us strangers at this point. And I’ve already kissed you so I think it’s only fair.”

 

She considered this: A hot guy she just met, that—she had to admit was pretty much turning out to be just her type—wanted her kiss as his prize. Nope she couldn’t see a downside at the moment. If there was one, she was too dumbstruck by his smile to consider it.

 

“Fine. I will agree to these terms.” She raised an eyebrow. “But this better not be the same wish every time.” She leaned over and gave him a peck on the cheek. “There. Wish fulfilled.”

 

“Hey!” Bam Bam whined, “That’s it? I wanted a real kiss.” His pout was dangerously adorable and she had to look away as she tried to contain a smile.

 

“Listen, buddy. You said a kiss. I gave you a kiss. End of story. Next round.” She clicked to start the next round as Bam Bam sat still pouting.

 

The second round had a course Lexi was more familiar with and she was leading in first for some time. “If I just time this next jump right I’ll make the shortcut and win the game!” She muttered finding herself pressing the buttons a little too firmly.

 

“What, this shortcut?” Bam Bam zoomed past with a mushroom and the surprise sent her cart spinning. Again, she ended in 4th place, being passed by two others while she tried to regain her momentum, and Bam Bam claimed first.

 

“You’re cheating.” Lexi glared at him.

 

“No, you’re just bad at Mario Cart.” He danced a little victory dance and then kicked back in victory. “You might as well just be my slave now, for all the wishes you’ll owe me.”

 

“Ugh.” Lexi smashed her controller down on the couch. “Ok, what now?”

 

“I want very specifically a kiss from you with your mouth touching my mouth and” he searched for his words “…it has to last…five minutes.”

 

“Five minutes!? You’re crazy!”

 

“Ok, ok, two minutes.” His toothy smile beamed at her half gloating, half pleading.

 

“I’m mad at you for ruining my win.” Lexi slid over kneeling on the couch so she could have the height advantage.

 

“Try not to take it out on me.” Bam Bam’s face beamed as he drew his hands to her face to guide it. Lexi drew away.

 

“Hey now, hold on, that wasn’t a part of your wish.”

 

“What do you mean?” He dropped his hands.

 

“No hands. It’s just a kiss. You didn’t say anything about hands.”

 

“In the throes of passion, you can’t blame what my hands will do.”

 

Lexi considered this. “Fine. Then I’ll have to take measures into my own hands.” Suddenly, before either had a chance to think, she was straddled over him, both of her hands holding his down at his sides. “Two minutes, starting: now.” She declared into his shocked face.

 

Despite his sudden shock at their new position, he was more than ready for the kiss, and even more so now that Lexi had taken charge of the situation. As soon as their lips touched he was ready to match her every movement. It only took moments before he attempted to move his arm. It only got to the side of her knee before her grip tightened, making him smile wickedly into the kiss. This gal was serious.

 

Lexi had two minutes to kill with this punchably delectable man. She had attempted to keep her kisses coy, starting with a soft, closed mouth kiss, just barely tasting the skin of their lips. But the willingness of his open mouth left her no choice. After a short second to consider, she surrendered to his insistence and their tongues began a battle of their own. Despite the various distractions (the strength she felt as his legs tensed with her touch, his subtly floral musk, the tantalizing way he moved his tongue in response to her) Lexi was drawn to the plushness of his lips as they kissed. From afar she had noticed how full they were, but once locked with hers, the feeling of them was divine. She couldn’t tell if it was for her pleasure or his torture that she nibbled at them, first the top, then the bottom, relishing in their plump poutiness.

 

Though he was limited from moving his arms, Bam Bam began to discover other options. He sat up, arching his back and pressing his face to hers, deepening their kiss. As if responding on their own, Lexi’s hips shifted, drawing ever nearer to his. Bam Bam’s head was spinning, did she do that on purpose? Or was this position just uncomfortable for her? Regardless his sharp intake of breath in reaction only caused Lexi to increase the vigor in her kiss. All he could do was moan softly in response.

 

“You’re trying to drive me crazy, aren’t you?” he grumbled between kisses. With a quick movement, Bam Bam flipped his hands over, lacing his fingers in hers and squeezing gently. This small gesture seemed monumental to Lexi. Somehow, the touching of their palms, in tandem with the well-orchestrated dance they seemed to be sharing, made their kiss more meaningful, gave it a deeper emotional connection. She opened her eyes softly as their kisses grew longer and deepened, reflecting her perceived meaning in their hands. She felt a fire slowly ignite in her chest and spread warmth and a sort of numbness throughout her limbs. No one had ever made her feel this way before.

 

BEEP-BEEP BEEP-BEEP BEEP-BEEP

 

 

The two minutes she was concerned would take a life time went by in what felt like seconds. Lexie kicked herself for setting a timer. But as soon as it went off, in the midst of the action, she immediately separated mid-kiss, and almost jumped to her end of the couch to silence her alarm.

 

“Two minutes.” She said. She was intent to focus on her phone excessively to try to quell some of the heat she was feeling consume her cheeks. She decided to risk a look in his direction, hoping for any kind of good sign. His eyes were still shut and he had hardly moved, except to touch his fingers to his mouth, almost as though to savor the feeling. The movement of his chest, up and down (in a way that seemed purposefully-and unfairly-seductive to Lexi), let her know that, at least his heart was racing as much as hers was.

 

“Hey guys, hope we aren’t interrupting anything in here.” It was Mark’s voice. Bam Bam’s eyes opened wide and he and Lexi shared a moment of panic before turning to the door. Just Mark’s mouth was showing through a small crack of the door. “Leda and I will be entering shortly,” His voice, sounding like some kind of bad imitation of a British butler, echoed in from the doorway, “so I want you two to make sure you are decent and presentable.”

 

Lexi, now flushed with embarrassment at their close call, and relieved at Mark’s decency, covered her face trying to tame the heat she felt there. Bam Bam took inventory and cleared his throat, “Stop being an idiot and just come in, will you?” He rolled his eyes with a chuckle. He would have to remember to thank Mark later.

 

“Well I just wanted to make sure it was ok to intrude.” Mark’s fake British accent continued. “The guys said the flames they saw you two throwing at each other earlier would be most likely to fuel quite the fire of passion.” With this he adjusted an invisible monocle on his right eye as he entered the room, Leda closely on his heels.

 

“Hey we just thought we’d run to the corner store to pick up some drinks. Some of the other guys are coming too. Would you like to come?” Leda offered to the couple, taking quick inventory of Lexi’s blush and the twist in her t-shirt. So, there was truth to Mark’s prediction that they might get closer, she thought to herself.

 

“That sounds like a great idea. I think some fresh air would do me well. I don’t know how much more I can get schooled in Mario Cart today.” Lexi stood, straightening her clothes.

 

“Yep. Great idea. Let’s go guys.” Bam Bam made a bee-line for the door, followed closely by Lexi.

 

“Mario Cart, eh? That dimmed screen says they haven’t picked up the controllers in at least fifteen minutes.” Mark nudged Leda with a chuckle.

 

“Listen you, if they want us to think they were playing Mario Cart then we will believe they were playing Mario Cart.” She winked at him with smile and took his arm as they walked out the door.