Dangerous Encounters

Somewhere Between Dream and Fantasy

 

 

Yugyeom led Lexi down into the basement with the promise of one more member to introduce. He didn’t get far before a voice interrupted him. “There you are! Hey, Jackson’s on video chat! Come say “Hey,” Yugyeom!” An unfamiliar face called.

 

“Well it looks like your lucky day. You’ll get to meet Jackson after all.” He smiled back toward Lexi and grabbed her hand to take her towards the laptop set up on the coffee table in the center of the room. Everyone cleared the couch except Bam Bam who seemed surly for some reason.

 

“Hey Jackson, what’s up man?” Yugyeom waved into the laptop camera at the figure staring back at him. Dressed in the typical A-shirt and looking tired, Jackson waved back. “Is it almost time for work already?”

 

“Yeah. We worked late last night and are getting a later start today, so I thought I’d ring in. I heard you guys were having a party.”

 

“We are! And, hey, it turns out we’ve got a big fan of yours right here!” Yugyeom pulled Lexi onto the couch next to him. Bam Bam’s refusal to move resulted in her being squeezed between them. Letting go of her hand and taking her shoulders, he held her there: keeping her from leaving-as though he sensed her flight instincts.

 

Lexi figured this must be his way of paying her back for her harsh words before. She tried not to be too awkward as she played along, but she was at a loss. “Um. Hello.”

 

“She’s eloquent, at least,” Jackson leaned in to inspect the image on his screen. “Cute though. What’s your name?” He winked as Lexi’s eyes went wide.

 

“Take it down a few notches, Jackson, she’s new here.” Bam Bam scolded from the end of the couch.

 

“I’m Lexi. It’s nice to meet you.” She blushed awkwardly.

 

“So tell me, what makes me your favorite, Lexi?” Jackson stuck his chin out and leaned back in his computer chair.

 

“Uh, yours was the only name I could remember, honestly.” The room was in an uproar. Nothing was audible with the hooting and laughing but she mouthed the words, “I’m sorry,” so he could see. She was glad he was laughing too.

 

“Well I’ll take it, then, I guess.” He shrugged as the laughter died down.

 

“Hey, we played Mario Cart. Either you two should play together so we can watch from a different room, or you two should never be allowed to play together. We haven’t voted on it yet.” Yugyeom leaned in laughing. Lexi scrunched her face in embarrassment and leaned away from the screen to allow Yugyeom more space.

 

As she leaned back she brushed her shoulder against Bam Bam’s and turned to apologize. She hadn’t realized how closely they were sitting together until that moment. Her thigh was pressed against his, but there was nowhere for her to go to make room.

 

“Sorry,” she looked to Bam Bam, who was still sulking with his face turned away. He turned so his face was forward, but didn’t look at her. “It’s fine.” She couldn’t tell if he was just one of those people who always looked pouty, or if he was upset about something, but she decided not to bother him.

 

After the call ended and the laptop was taken to another corner to be set up for more games, Yugyeom moved over on the couch to allow them to spread out more. Lexi wanted to run from Bam Bam and his brooding aurora. She was afraid if she stayed she would make him more mad--he already seemed annoyed when she had carelessly brushed against him. But she also didn’t want to risk offending him by leaving at the first opportunity--it would be too obvious she was running from him. She settled with scooting over to give some space between them for now. He remained immobile.

 

Yugyeom kept her distracted by calling over and introducing Youngjae, the last of the present members of their group. Lexi promised that she would probably get their names mixed up and they joked about quizzing her later. She hoped with everything it was a joke because she knew she’d fail.

 

The group of boys were setting up computers to play some rounds of Overwatch together. As the preparations finished Yugyeom began to show his excitement for the competition. “Did you want to play? I don’t think there are enough computers, but I don’t mind taking turns.” Lexi politely turned down Yugyeom’s offer citing her preference to watch their game projected onto the big screen they had set up. After several reassurances that she would be fine, he relented. “Alright. Bam Bam, I leave her in your capable hands, ok?” He winked at him and made his way to a computer across the room.

 

Lexi was beginning to wish she had some kind of skill and talent for first person shooters seeing as her alternative was to spend time with the King of Poutland sitting next to her. She prayed that his anger was nothing to do with her and turned to attempt a conversation.

 

“Why aren’t you playing?” She tilted her head in attempts to see his eyes. Maybe they would give her a sign; even if that sign were to stop talking to him.

 

To her surprise he relaxed his body a bit (though his legs and arms still remained noticeably crossed). His head slowly turned her way, but his gaze was down which kept her from reading anything from his eyes as she had hoped. “I’m just not up for playing right now. I’ll probably play in a little while.”

 

His response was warmer than expected which made his distance look even more like a boy pouting. Lexi kept the momentum going. She couldn’t help but notice that, although he was not fully turned toward her, he had a striking profile with a strong jawline. It seemed in utter contrast to the baby-faced cheeks she saw when he was laughing earlier. “Who do you play, usually?”

 

“I haven’t played enough to know who I’m best at yet. I’m still trying out Mei and Junkrat.”

 

“Ah, that’s cool.” Lexi looked around unsure where to take the conversation. She kicked herself for bringing up a topic she knew virtually nothing about.

 

“Do you play?” He was looking at her now, his eyes vaguely blank.

 

“No. It’s always interested me, and I do like watching, but I’m not very good at first-person shooters.” She smiled meekly.

 

“This game too, huh? Are there any games you are good at?” His eyebrow raised but his face remained still so that she was not sure if he was joking, but the insult was slung either way.

 

“Hey! I’ll have you know I am good at some games. Sometimes. I just needed more practice. I didn’t see you winning every match, Mr. Perfect.”

 

“No, but I did win a few...unlike you.” his eyes lifted to the ceiling with an air of superiority.

 

“Wow. Well where was all of this trash talk when there was a game going on? Let’s go, I’ll take you right now.” She stood up, ready to march right up the stairs.

 

“Uh, that room is occupied right now, isn’t it?”

 

Her face fell remembering her friend’s situation. Looking down she wondered how things were going, hoping she was doing alright. She knew Leda to be resourceful and resilient but this seemed like a strange situation from any angle. Heck, if it were her instead, she wasn’t sure what she would do.

 

“Right. Well that’s a great excuse isn’t it.” Lexi sneered his way and threw herself back on the couch, purposely further away—on the other end. She stretched her legs out as though to imply further distance. This guy was really killing her mood. She knew she needed saving in bad way. Instinctively, her head turned in Yugyeom’s direction. He seemed preoccupied with the game they were preparing to start and she sighed.

 

Bam Bam, however bowed his head in frustration. This wasn’t really going how he wanted it to. He noted her glance Yugyeom’s way with a bit of bitterness.

 

“What did you and Yugyeom have to talk about so privately?” Bam Bam interrupted her wistful hope that any of them would come save her from this conversation.

 

“Huh? Oh, just stuff with my friend Leda, and Mark. I didn’t know anything was going on, except that he had been messaging her, so he reassured me and told me all about the plans.”

 

“Well I don’t know why we couldn’t be present for that, but whatever. What do you think about all of it?”

 

She glanced up the stairs as though Leda were going to come down them any second. “I’m not sure what to think, really.” She considered the question more carefully. “I guess ultimately it just matters what she thinks, right?” Her shoulders shrugged as she pursed her lips together.  “I guess it’s a good sign they’ve been in there so long. They must have a lot to talk about.”

 

“Yeah. Talk.” Bam Bam flashed a wicked smile.

 

“Wait. You don’t think they’re…” Lexi’s eyes grew wide. “That snake! I’ll kill him. No one takes advantage of my best friend like that.” Again, she rose into action. This time she was stopped by a hand on her wrist.

 

“Nah, Mark’s a pretty classy guy. I mean, I can’t say he’s innocent or anything, but he wouldn’t take advantage of anyone, so calm down.” His hand guided her back to the couch but closer to his side. He smiled to himself. It sure was easy to get a rise out of this one.

 

“You guys doing good over there, Lexi? I don’t need to step in to keep the peace over there, do I?” Yugyeom, having seen her get up twice, called over half-heartedly to check in, his face still looking at his computer. It wasn’t like Bam Bam to treat guests poorly, but then, Lexi seemed to be a handful.

 

“She’s fine. Mind your own business Yugyeom!” Bam Bam shouted across the room.

 

“No, I’m not! I’m dying from boredom over here!” Lexi shouted mockingly. Bam Bam’s eyes narrowed.

 

“Hahaha, great! Sounds like you two are getting along just fine!” Yugyeom laughed along with the others.

 

The two glared at each other for several seconds in a standoff.

 

Bam Bam’s face turned slightly venomous. “Mark may be classy, but Yugyeom has been well known to make moves on most girls he gets alone.” Bam Bam eyed her suspiciously.

 

“Just what are you trying to imply?!” Lexi shut her eyes and lifted her head with a queenly air. Touching her fingers to her chest she continued, “I’m a proper lady. I wouldn’t kiss and tell, but I also wouldn’t be wooed so easily.”

 

“Alright.” His face seemed to relax. “I love the guy, but he’s taken a few of the guy’s girls before. I don’t think he knows that he’s doing it. He means well. He’s just a real chick magnet.” He smiled a little sadly in Yugyeom’s direction. The others had started their first match and seemed to be in their own world. The screen in front of them was full of the action and statements about the payload and high noon, and such blasted from the speakers in front of them.

 

In their distraction the implication of Bam Bam’s words began to sink in a little more. “Wait. You actually think I would have, I don’t know, made out with him or something?” Her face became indignant once again. “Listen man. I hardly know you, but you keep all these less than subtle insults up and I’ll have to kick your . You say you know him, and maybe you do, but you must not know him well enough. He isn’t into me, that’s obvious.” She paused quickly, slightly concerned she may have said too much. Her curiosity and confusion with his motives pushed her. Was he jealous of her time with Yugyeom? Why did he care so much? She decided to test the waters. “It’s too bad too, because he’s damn attractive.”

 

“What do you mean it’s obvious?” Bam Bam was, once again, frustrated by the way his conversation was going and his pout was obvious immediately. Despite her jab, he was curious about what she said. They were all pretty close in the group. What did she know?

 

“Ah, it’s nothing. Just a hunch. It’s just a hunch. I have no confirmation because he dodged the question. I shouldn’t start gossip.”

 

“Well, you’ve already started it, so spill it. What’s the deal?” Bam Bam seemed almost concerned, perhaps the topic had finally broken his sullen mood.

 

She looked around, unsure. “Promise not to say anything? Especially since I am only basing this on a hunch?”

 

“Promise”

 

“Ok, well I think he’s into Leda. I’ve thought it from the start. Just some of the things in the emails. They seem too sweet, you know? Like, things I wouldn’t say to a friend-especially of the opposite .”

 

“Well, let’s be fair, you’re something else altogether.” The scoffing way he said it almost made it seem like a compliment so she let it slide with just a quick scowl and a raised eyebrow.

 

“Sure. Whatever, but the way he talked about her, and about whatever this situation with Mark is, I don’t know…” She paused to consider her words. “It just seemed like he was interested in her and kind of sad to sort of set her up with Mark.”

 

“Set her up? I thought they were just friends or something?” Bam Bam became confused and Lexi realized she had said way too much. Her eyes widened as she tried thinking of a way out.

 

“Hahaha, yeah, well like you said, what could two straight adults of the opposite be doing in a room alone together for this long? Hahahaha!” Her panic sent her into a frenzied giggle.

 

He didn’t seem phased by it. Or by her response. “Right, well, I guess what you’re saying does make sense. Man, for such a lady’s man, I kind of feel sorry for Yugyeom.”

 

“Yeah, me too.” They both looked his way.

 

“Yeah!! We did it!”

 

“We kick !”

 

They had won their first match fairly easily. The two turned their attention to the screen to catch the play of the game. Youngjae stood and did a victory dance far superior in merit than any Lexi had seen before. Man, these boys had moves.

 

As the players started in to another match, Lexi turned back to Bam Bam.

 

“So, what’s your deal? Are you the pouty brooding one or something? You’ve been giving me a lot of , so out with it.”

 

The forwardness of her question shocked him at first, but he met her accusatory tone with a wicked half-smile. “No. I’m not, actually. Some things just put me in a foul mood. But it’s fine now.” He shrugged it off but then began to remember the video call they had.

 

Not wanting to rock the boat any more than she already had, she just let that response suffice. “Well that’s good, I guess.”

 

“But just one more thing.” He tilted his head. “Do you like Jackson, or something?”

 

If Lexi had a drink she would have spit it out, but without one she still almost spit at that moment. “What? I just met the guy. And over a video chat, at that!”

 

“Yeah, so answer my question Ms. He’s my favorite just because I remember his name!” He brought both hands under his chin and batted his eyes to mock her.

 

Lexi paused for a second. Dang. He sure was cute when he wanted to be. What a dangerous talent. She scoffed at him in all of his adorableness. “No, for your information. I’m not into Jackson. I mean, again, he’s real attractive. And the A-shirt was a great choice for him...” She trailed off looking up in remembrance and inadvertently her lips. She was starting to get the impression that this guy was suspiciously focused on her own interests. If he was going to give her grief, she could dish it right back at him. “I mean, there are so many of you attractive boys to choose from. How could I pick just one?” She mimicked the same cutesy eye-batting

Without knowing it, Lexi gave Bam Bam at least two answers he was looking for.

 

Across the room the players all yelled as Yugyeom unleashed his ultimate. Thanks and praise distracted their conversation. After it died down, Lexi thought it best to change the subject. “Well, so Kpop, huh? That’s a big deal.”

 

“Uh, yeah. I guess.” He smiled, like the smile she had remembered when they were upstairs. This type of smile reached his eyes and made him look so innocent and adorable. Notorious for wearing her heart on her sleeve, Lexi had to check herself to make sure she wasn’t reacting too much. The infectious power of his smile was too much, though, so she had to smile back. “I was really into dancing and rapping, so here I am, I guess.”

 

The effects of his smile turned Lexi’s brain to mush and she lost her train of thought. She couldn’t quite remember what they were talking about and tried to pull herself out of the fog she was in. She suddenly felt like she was on the losing side of a battle.

 

“So, you think we’re all attractive? But if you aren’t interested in Yugyeom or in Jackson, which one of us do you think you would be interested in?” Bam Bam leaned in on the back of the couch with a fist to his face. His playful expression turned from a warm smile to a devilish grin in mere seconds and it was not helping her to think clearly. Besides, the subject matter was far out of her capacity.

 

“What?” She looked around as though the answer would be found somewhere near her. “I don’t know. Not someone who is in love with my friend, for starters.”

 

“Whoa, the big L word may be going a bit too far, but I get you. Ok, what else? What do you look for in a guy? Maybe I can match you up with one of us.”

 

She thought for a few minutes. “Um, someone who makes me laugh, I guess. That’s pretty important.”

 

“Sure. What else?”

 

“Gosh, I don’t know. I am really not prepared for this line of questioning.”

 

“Ok, well let me just tell you, I’m really funny. Like, super funny. Just thought I’d throw that out there.”

 

Lexi narrowed her eyes. What was going on? This seemed like something she had read about before, but was unlike anything she ever experienced. A guy was asking her about her tastes in men and then advertising his own strengths. Suddenly it hit her. “Are you hitting on me?”

 

“What?” Bam Bam smiled innocently back at her.

 

“Well, another thing, I don’t like jerks that insult me.” Her eyebrow raised in the sassiest way she knew how. She was on to him.

 

“Yeah, but you also probably need someone who can dish it out as much as they can take it, am I right?”

 

“What is that supposed to mean? That sounds like a jerky insult to me.” She turned her head, nose up, and crossed her arms.

 

“Aw c’mon. You can’t hide your personality at all. You’re sassy and you put everything out there. What kind of boyfriend would you have if they couldn’t throw sass right back at you, right?”

 

If there were a level that measured sassiness with intent to kill, Lexi’s next expression as she turned to face him would have set new world records. “I certainly don’t know what you mean.”

 

“Then let me spell it out for you.” Leaning in closely so that their faces were almost touching, he whispered in her ear, “I think our level of sass is pretty compatible.”

 

All of the sassiness left her face as he pulled back from her and she looked into his eyes with suspicion. “What kind of game is this? Just what exactly are you trying to pull?”

 

“Not trying to pull at anything but your heartstrings.” He winked at her with a smile.

 

“If any of that is believable, which, let’s be real, it’s not, that would be hands down the cheesiest line I’ve ever heard.” She scoffed at the thought.

 

“What’s so unbelievable?” His ego seemed a bit bruised. His tone and confidence left his face almost immediately.

 

“Who expects to go to a party with a bunch of famous people and have one of them sincerely hit on you?” She shook her head in disbelief.

 

“Well, you’re living it, so you tell me.”

 

She just looked into his eyes, like she was searching for some kind of sign this was a joke and she was being tricked. She frowned a bit, still not buying it.

 

“What’s the problem? I may be cheesy and maybe I was a bit of a jerk, but I’m being sincere now.”

 

“What?” Lexi couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

 

“Why do you think I was so angry before? You come down here hand in hand with Yugyeom, Mr. Ladies Man. Then you’re sitting right next to me talking up Jackson. That kind of stuff hurts a man’s ego. I had my eye on you from the beginning. I thought you might fall for either of them and I would miss my chance.”

 

Lexi froze. The only sensation she felt was a cold tingle up her spine. “What?” This time all indignation was gone and she said it almost inaudibly. They were facing each other on the couch. The Overwatch match boomed all around them, but all sounds seemed to be muffled. “Eye on what?” It came out as a whisper. Her voice seemed to have left her.

 

“Well, it looks like the loudest girl I’ve ever met can be silenced after all. What do you know?” Bam Bam’s chuckle echoed in his eyes. “Your face still says you still don’t believe me, though, so here’s some proof.” Within the next second his lips moved to hers. Her eyes widened in shock. What was going on? Without waiting for permission or confirmation, Bam Bam’s tongue quickly entangled hers and before she knew it, they were parted again. She hardly had time to blink. Jaw stilled dropped in shock, she looked around in a panic. Did anyone see?

 

No one seemed to notice. When she finally whipped back around to Bam Bam, his expression was innocent and pure. “Just what the hell was that!?” The scorn didn’t reach her voice. Her face was reddened not from anger but embarrassment. “Anyone could have just seen us!”

 

“Are you mad because I kissed you or because I kissed you in front of everyone?”

 

“I…I’m not sure.” She considered this for a moment as her shock began to wear off. Her mind was a whirlwind of emotions and her heart was racing. Something about that kiss was exciting and thrilling. And it was evident within those few seconds that he was a great kisser. She shook her head, this was not the train of thought she was after.

 

“Well?” His question interrupted her and she looked up into an expectant smile.

 

“It’s impolite to not ask first, you know. I don’t know how they do thinks in Korea, but, real life in America isn’t really like any movies you may have seen.” She frowned a little.

 

“I’m from Thailand, so, I don’t follow those rules, sorry.” He leaned closer and smiled wickedly. Lexi got a glimpse of his face up close for the first time. She saw one feature that made her understand his talent for kissing: his full lips. Those lips that had just touched hers. She had a hard time looking away. She was afraid her stare would reveal her desperation to have those lips again.

 

“I have a proposition for you.” He spoke in a breathy whisper, “Why don’t you pick me as your favorite member of Got7?” As he spoke his face drew closer to hers so she could feel his breath. Lexi was suddenly paralyzed, still focused on his lips as they came closer and closer to her face. She felt herself begging for them to make contact with hers, but at the last second, they made a sharp detour to her right. Instead of kisses she was tortured with another whisper in her ear, so close that she thought she felt the moisture of his breath. “I won’t let you down.” He lingered there just long enough for the warmth between their faces to drive her crazy before drawing away.

 

Lexi’s trance was broken before she could think how to respond. Mark and Leda were making their way down the stairs: both a little red in the face. Lexi begrudgingly drew her eyes away from the lips that were currently driving her crazy, grateful to see her friend who had unknowingly saved her from herself.

 

“Leda!!” She ran over giving a meaningful look. “Hey, they took me hostage and this one,” she thumbed her way in Bam Bam’s direction, “has been a handful.” She gave a smile only Leda could see, uncovering her true meaning.

 

“A handful!? Are you sure you’re not talking about yourself?” Bam Bam yelled without looking.

 

“You’ve made yourself right at home. Sorry for leaving you. He wanted to talk in private.” Leda brushed some hair behind her ear, blushing.

 

Both girls were speaking volumes to each other with their body language. Messages that were well received. “Leda, over here!” Yugyeom shouted, “I need to introduce you to Youngjae!”

 

Leda was taken to the other side of the basement for introductions and talking among the other boys before she realized a piece was missing. It wasn’t until the conversation died and the group started a new match that she scanned the room for Mark and came up empty. Lexi and Bam Bam had also seemed to have disappeared after some reticent Mario Cart trash talk she had heard across the room.

 

Stepping back from the boys who were now distracted in their match, Leda peeked down a hallway in search of this man who had now caught her interest. She heard a clang come from a half open door and peeked in without opening it.

 

Mark sat inside on a weight bench. The weights on the adjustable dumbbells clanked together as he furiously lifted. She couldn’t help but think he seemed angry. His brow certainly seemed furrowed. This was all overshadowed, though, by the flow of muscles that she saw before her. The shirt she remembered she had previously intruded into had large openings that gave her a great view of more than just his arms—his chest, flexed and dewy, seemed to be working hard too.

 

She must have been staring for a few moments because when her phone buzzed indicating a text message from Lexi (OMG! Mark is so hot! You go get him, girl!, it read) she jumped, revealing her presence. The noise got Mark’s attention and she heard him put down the weights. “Oh my gosh play it cool you were not just oogling him!” Leda tried to give herself a pep talk. She moved down the hallway and pretended that the text message from Lexi was a novel that needed all of her focus. Mark’s face peeked out of the crack in the door that had originally served as her peep hole.

 

“Hey, you done with introductions?” He seemed almost cautious.

 

“Hm? Oh, yeah. They’re playing another match, I guess. I was going to talk with Lexi but I don’t know where she went, so I was checking my phone.” It was a nice save if she did say so herself.

 

“Oh, well you can hang out with me more, if you’d like. No pressure. I know you’re Yugyeom’s guest, really, so I get it if you want to spend time with him.” He turned into the room which would have ended the conversation had Leda not been on his heels immediately.

 

“No, he’s busy. What’s in here?” She said almost devilishly. She had feasted on the view from afar already. She wondered what she had to do to get a front row seat. She was rewarded immediately as he laid down and began to bench press. Again, she noticed the fury with which he lifted.

 

“This is just where we go to keep toned,” he said between reps, his muscles pulsing with each movement.

 

“Do you always look angry when you lift?” He stopped and she wondered if she had been too forward. She had seen some people that just look that way when they exercise, and wondered out loud if that was what she was witnessing. His pause made her think she was wrong.

 

“Do I look angry?” He seemed to be reflecting.

 

“I don’t know. Some people just look angry when they lift. It’s fine.” She tried laughing it off, secretly upset that her words had stopped the show.

 

Mark looked down. “Listen. I know that we just met, and everything has already been a bit crazy.” He paused and looked to the side, away from Leda. “I won’t fight with Yugyeom for you. I mean, I will if you want me to, but you’re capable of making your own choices.” And at this he looked at her directly. “I know it’s stupid. You can make whatever choice you want. I won’t make you feel uncomfortable, I just want you to know I’d like to have you by my side.”

 

It may have been the testosterone in the room, or the spark that was lit when she saw his raw fierceness lifting weights, but Leda felt compelled to act. She approached the bench where Mark was sitting. In this position, she noticed, they were nearly eye-to-eye. Hesitantly, like he may disappear at any moment, Leda brought her hands to his face, cupping his wide jaw. His eyes looked wounded, angry, and full of emotion. She pierced her gaze into his for a moment before claiming his lips. She matched the fierce anger she saw with a passion of her own, teasing as she drew away only to return full force again. Mark moaned into her kisses, placing one hand at the small of her back to draw her body closer to his.

 

In a breath she paused, again, hovering her face inches from his. “I don’t just kiss random guys, ok?”

 

Panting from the new work out he was getting, all he could manage was a small nod. His eyes begged for to return to his.

 

“You want me by your side? Well, here I—” He rose, cutting her off by bringing his face to hers and tilting her head up as he towered over her. With a renewed desire, Mark placed both hands on her hips, drawing their bodies together in the process. She could feel the curve of his muscles against her as he gasped for breath in between their kisses.

 

Leda inhaled sharply as she felt his thumbs drawing circles before slipping lightly into the waist of her pants. His touch was driving her crazy. She moved her hands to his hair, grasping it passionately.

 

A loud yell marking a victorious Overwatch match brought them back to reality for a moment. They slowed their pace and, panting, Mark drew her into a hug. Though the gesture was kind in thought, Leda’s ability to feel even more of the sheer musculature of his body only made her more tempted. She tried to resist temptation and circled her arms around his waist in restraint.

 

“I don’t know how much more I can take before I’m going to lose myself, Leda” His words were barely a whisper but the desire was evident in his voice. The use of her name sent chills down her spine.

 

“Maybe we shouldn’t be left alone together.” She suggested, but neither one moved, reluctant to break their connection. Hesitating to let go, but concerned about their lack of control Mark began to sway from side to side, closing his eyes and just enjoying her scent as he rested his face gently on the top of her head. He felt Leda smile as she leaned her head onto his shoulder.

 

After several minutes that felt like a comfortable eternity, his sways grew larger and he picked up a foot each time, walking her toward the door. Leda laughed, “Where are we going?”

“I think you’re right. If we stay alone together we may do something we’d regret.” He paused. “Although I doubt I’d regret it at all. But maybe we’d do something we should save for further down the road.” She felt his chuckle from the depth of his chest.

 

“Yeah, maybe.” She allowed herself to be swayed, step by step to the doorway before pulling back. “But maybe I could have one more kiss before we join the masses?” She looked up with a sort of innocence that made Mark shudder with desire.

 

“Man, you are dangerous.” He smirked, drawing her face to his. His hand cupped her head and they touched so gently that it almost made their kissing more sensual somehow. The feeling of him holding back as his tongue barely brushed hers made her instantly regret the request simply because there would be nothing to follow it up.

 

As he drew back she had to take a step back and lean against the door frame to regain her footing. Seconds ago she could have sworn she was several feet in the air.

 

“You ok?” Mark placed a concerned hand on her shoulder.

 

“You call me dangerous?” She looked up, now with a devilish look on her face. “You’ll pay for that.”

 

“What!” Mark laughed, following Leda down the hall. “You asked for it! I was just fulfilling your desires!” She shot him another glare over her shoulder before passing into the next room. Leda thought this guy must know exactly what he is doing, and she certainly was in trouble if he did.