3. does mrs. yi even exist?

1999 [ exo ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m having a crisis.” Baekhyun frowns, dropping into the chair next to Jongin in the library. Jongin looks at Baekhyun through his periphery while reading his comic book, scoffing.

 

Yixing barely looks up from his notebook, his lips quirked to the right, “A midlife crisis already?”

 

“He’s seventeen.” Jongin replies.

 

“He could die at 34.” Yixing shrugs. Jongin snorts.

 

“Is that a threat?” Baekhyun blinks, arching an eyebrow. Yixing shrugs again.

 

“If it is, you might have bigger things to worry about than your crisis.” Jongin laughs.

 

“Oh, my crisis!” Baekhyun cries again. “Yixing, you better close your notebook before I shred it.” He (ironically) threatens Yixing when he notices Yixing isn’t paying attention.

 

“How come you didn’t threaten Jongin?” Yixing mutters.

 

“He doesn’t warrant it.” Baekhyun glares at him, snatching his notebook and stuffing it into his own backpack quickly. Yixing scowls, but pays attention anyway.

 

“You know my chem teacher right?”

 

“Was that the hard or the hippie?” Jongin sighs.

 

“No, it’s the ex businessman, you idiot.” Yixing says after thinking for a moment.

 

“It’s the easter island head!” Baekhyun snaps. “That’s irrelevant!”

 

“You’re rude today.” Yixing comments, then winces. Jongin snickers. He can only assume that Baekhyun is crushing Yixing’s toes under the table. “Ow, stop that! What’s your ing crisis, man?”

 

“Oh, yeah.” Baekhyun realizes. “Seo took my jacket because it wasn’t school appropriate.” He pouts.

 

Jongin groans, “So?”

 

“I have a rather strong feeling he’s snagging it for himself, so,” Baekhyun grins. “Help me steal it back!”

 

“You’re really trying to end my life.”

 

“Yeah! Are you trying to kill Jongin! I have three more grey hairs just from hearing you talk.” Yixing pulls at his hair.

 

“Oh, you’re so dramatic.” Baekhyun waves his hand. “It’s in the staff room.”

 

“Even ing worse.” Jongin groans.

 

“Oh, come on. Meet me after classes end.” Baekhyun winks, grabbing his backpack and walking away.

 

Yixing curses under his breath, “You have my notebook!”

 

The only indication that Baekhyun has heard him is the fact that now Baekhyun is sprinting out of the library.

 

***

 

“If I get caught?” Jongin raises his eyebrows, very skeptical about this scheme. Baekhyun shakes his head, putting a hand on Jongin’s shoulder.

 

“You have the longest legs, so you’re the fastest runner.”

 

“Is that why I have to go in?”

 

“Yeah.”

“But Yixing’s ing half asleep, you think he can guard?”

 

“Jongin, just do it.” Baekhyun whines. He rolls his eyes, but at the end of the day he’s still going to do whatever Baekhyun asks him to. His one weakness is how fricking child-like Baekhyun looks when he’s upset.

 

He nods, ducking into the dark hallway. His eyes dart to the side, knowing there was one camera in this hallway. He follows Baekhyun’s exactly plan and pretends to look down at a slip before knocking on the lounge door. Nobody replies. It’s empty. Jongin breathes out in relief. At least he can get this done fast.

 

He walks in, pretending a teacher calls him in. Knowing the school, they wouldn’t waste money on a camera inside the teacher lounge since it was considered private. Not that he really cares, either way he has to pull Baekhyun’s jacket and run.


What was Baekhyun’s teacher’s name again? Seo. There are two Seo teachers in this school, and one was a freshman dean so he wouldn’t bother to have a desk in the teacher’s lounge.

 

Mr. Seo’s desk somehow corresponded exactly with Baekhyun’s description, everything was rather basic and there was just one picture of a woman that indicated something of his personal life. Scratch that, it’s Uhm Junghwa.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter