2. the president's son owns boat shoes

1999 [ exo ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It really is Jongin’s fault for trusting that Seoul traffic wouldn’t be as bad as usual on that Saturday evening. His bus arrived in front of the campus too late and he sweat through his jumper on his run back to the dorms. He had texted Baekhyun a few nonsensical letters that barely made words, but was enough for Baekhyun to understand the need for the Escape Rope. Jongin isn’t even Baekhyun’s roommate, but he can pull off the excuse that he napped there.

 

Tapping his foot anxiously, he waits as Baekhyun swings open the window and throws the rope down. He glances around, before grabbing onto it and scaling up the first floor.

 

You wouldn’t particularly think that Jongin would have much upper body strength, seeing as he’s a slight looking boy without a lot of obvious muscle. He is pretty lanky, but that’s genetics. He thinks he has decent strength in his body. Well, enough to help him not get caught off campus.

 

He managed to make it up to the window. His hands slip on the window and Baekhyun’s hands grab him quickly.

 

See, this would be fairly normal. A procedure that happens essentially every weekend when Jongin trusts Seoul traffic a little too much. Except for one thing: these aren’t Baekhyun’s hands. As strange as this may sound, Jongin knows what Baekhyun’s hands feel like. Baekhyun’s hands are thin and not nearly sturdy enough to hold him tight, and the hands currently holding his forearm and keeping him from falling to his death(or, more likely, a broken limb and several detention hours) are rather large and rough. He thinks for a moment it might be Yixing, but he also knows what Yixing’s hands feel like(no comment here).

 

He has an aching suspicion that the hands belong to Baekhyun’s roommate, Oh Sehun. Jongin closes his eyes and wonders why Sehun is helping him and why he isn’t falling to a broken leg. Sehun doesn’t like him too much.

 

Instead, he gets pulled up and he rolls onto the ground. He peeks open an eye.

 

One thing rather unsatisfactory about this situation, besides being helped by someone he knows he would not help back, is that he now knows what Sehun’s hands feel like and he doubts he will ever forget it.

 

“Why don’t you ever get back on time?” Sehun sighs. His eyes are amused and his eyebrows look just as unsatisfied with the situation as Jongin is(but his eyebrows perpetually look like that, so Jongin doesn’t take much from it).

 

“Some of us have lives outside of Kyungho.” Jongin mutters, picking himself up.

 

“Stay in here for a second, Baekhyun said that he and Yixing are in your room.” Sehun says, perching himself on the corner of his bed, “The dean already finished up there, so you have to be in here to make their excuse right.” Sehun doesn’t like Jongin, but he’s fairly close to Baekhyun and he’s decent with Yixing. Jongin is the only one that gets the end of the stick. It’s not the kind of where they avoid each other; it’s the kind of weird rivalry where they have to do everything to annoy the other. Maybe Jongin is just too fun to clown(to be fair, he clowns Sehun too. Sehun and his trench coats are hard to not clown).

 

Jongin nods, flopping onto Baekhyun’s bed. Sehun eyes him the whole way, as if Jongin’s going to snatch Baekhyun’s entire bed set. He suddenly notices the extreme difference between Baekhyun’s side of the room and Sehun’s.

 

“Your side is really boring.”

 

“My room is functional.” He is referencing the fairy lights hung shoddily above Baekhyun’s bed. They fall almost everyday and Baekhyun is afraid they’re going to light him on fire in his sleep. “Also,” Jongi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter