Bonus

Definitely, Maybe

The morning before Seulgi and Joohyun got together.

 

"You really think it's worth a shot?" Seulgi asks full of apprehension. A few weeks ago she's wanted to give up on her unrequited feelings for her one and only best friend Joohyun. She wanted to experience dating someone, and waiting for Joohyun to notice her feelings and hoping to reciprocate it might mean waiting for a day less of forever. That was before she met Wendy and became friends with the short-haired blonde, this bubbly girl full of hopes and enthusiasm that rivals her own. Not to mention Wendy is a hopeless romantic gay herself.

Wendy sighs exasperatedly. "For the hundreth time my opinion remains the same, Seulgi. Yes it's worth a shot." And really, Wendy understands how Seulgi must be feeling, somehow she's been through the same and she's proud of herself she took that leap, she wanted the same for her friend.

Seulgi keeps walking in circle in Wendy's cozy living room adorn with a matching set of a long couch and a loveseat with a coffee table in the middle. She is so close to cracking her knuckles but decided otherwise, remembering Joohyun hates it when she do that. "It's just that, this will change everything! What if she doesn't even like me like that?"

"Haven't you seen how she's been looking at me murderously for the past few weeks whenever we three sit together? I'm close to being paranoid and believe one day daggers will fly out her eyes towards me!" Wendy stands on her feet and stopped Seulgi from walking in circles that's been causing her headache for the past fifteen minutes. "Kang Seulgi, why are by Joohyun's side waiting? I want you to answer me honestly, is she worth it?"

Seulgi answers in a heartbeat with a "Yes, she's worth it."

"You're not giving it a second too long to answer. Again, are you sure she's worth it? Worth of all that time you spent waiting by the sideline?"

And this time, Seulgi lets a long pause to settle between them, to really internalize what Wendy just asked her, to really think about it before answering. And all she came up with is still a big fat "Yes, she is worth it. Whether I think it over for a thousand times more, or abruptly, I can only say she is worth it."

This time Wendy smiles at her, grinning so widely. "Well, there's your answer for yourself! You wouldn't know if you worth just as much to her if you don't take a shot." She gave Seulgi's tense shoulders a firm squeeze. "You told me you've been friends forever, is that all you want it to be? No, right? It can be more, maybe less, or stay the same kind of friendship, but you wouldn't have an answer if you don't ask her. You don't want to live with full of what ifs, Seulgi. I know I didn't want it so I took my chances."

Sighs. Seulgi sighs once more. "You're right, I wouldn't know if I don't ask. Thank you Seungwan, I really wish I could be as bold as you are."

Wendy laughs. "Well, you can take a note or two. I did get my girl after all."

A door creaks open interrupting their mini peptalk.

"What girl did you get after all?"

The two same-aged friends looked at the taller, younger girl who emerged from her shared bedroom with Wendy still in her sleeping wear, completely looking like a human who's just woken up against her will.

Wendy was fast to leave Seulgi's side and went sweeping her girlfriend in a morning hug coupled with a sweet kiss on the cheek. Sooyoung sighs and snuggles a bit more into the hug.

"Hey babe, good morning. Did we wake you?"

Sooyoung hums. "Hmm morning. Kind of. It just sounded like there's an army officer marching doing morning rounds in here, and a few shouts." She kisses Wendy's forehead in greeting before tugging the shorter girl to the kitchen, passing by Seulgi who's jaw dropped at the early morning PDA these two are having right before her eyes.

Wendy chuckles, getting started on the coffee-maker for Sooyoung. "That would be Seulgi, and her being a ball of nerves. Told her she should just go take chances and confess like I did."

"That's true, the sooner the better, like you did. She really should get bolder and confess."

"Hello? I'm still here!" Seulgi answers by the living room looking at the two women who's attached by their hips making coffee and toasts.

"Well? Unless you want to bear witness to more of our morning exchange of affection, you better get your moving and get yourself a girlfriend." Sooyoung answers, she moved to stand behind Wendy backhugging her, giving Seulgi a smirk before she moves around to kissing her girlfriend in front of their one person audience.

"What a Joy! Argh! I really can't stand you two sometimes. Fine, I'm leaving!"

Seulgi bolted out the door leaving Wendy and Sooyoung to their business, laughing at the pure horror in Seulgi's face.

"It really is that easy to chase her out." Sooyoung says before biting on the toast Wendy is holding.

"All you do is chase her out all the time." Wendy comments with a laugh.

Sooyoung pouts. "Well, she's been monopolizing you."

Wendy raises one perfectly trimmed eyebrow, smiling teasingly at her girlfriend. "You're so territorial."

"Are you complaining?" Sooyoung asks playfully.

"Not at all."

-

"You didn't tell me Wendy has a girlfriend! I thought all along you were crushing on her." Joohyun pouts, not minding she looks completely out of character. "You better introduce me to her."

And Seulgi laughs nervously, the thought of Joohyun and Sooyoung meeting, and eventually becoming friends is not looking so enticing. She can only imagine having two really bossy ladies. "When an opportunity comes, sure Hyun."

"Well, she and Wendy convinced you to confess, I think I'm gonna like her."

"Just don't ask her for dating tips."

"Of course not. I'm an expert to Kang Seulgi, dating you is just another factor added in. I'm pretty sure I can handle you just fine without dating tips from others. Am I wrong?"

And Seulgi's nervousness intensifies, her forthcoming future sounds quite the fun. "Of course not. You're always right Joohyun."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That's a wrap! I wanted to include WenJoy somehow and it's been sitting as a draft before I finally got the idea to write it. Hope you liked this really short, out of nowhere bonus chapter! See you around!

If you like, maybe you'd consider buying me coffee or helping me with prescription. Either way, it'll be help for my mental health :) https://ko-fi.com/itsourhistory