Final

Definitely, Maybe

Seulgi always believed in fateful meetings, she's waiting for that once in a lifetime moment she'll come across the person she's fated to be with.

Seulgi is certain- she's never had second thoughts at all. In most parts of her life she's certain of things. But when she started to feel this warm fuzzy feeling for her bestfriend she's weirded out. Falling for your bestfriend is cliche - Seulgi wants her own love story to be one of a kind, not those plenty times people fell for their best friend.

But was it really evitable? For most parts of her life, Irene is present. On regular days, special days, holidays sometimes even every single day of spring break, summer break, winter break- Irene is ever present and Seulgi's never tired of her presence. Having Irene around are the best days of her life, no exceptions.

This also means she's been through good days and bad for Irene; She's with her for every break ups and made ups Irene had with her past relationships. Seulgi is Irene's go-to person every after fights she had with past lovers- all of it resulted to breakups. Kang Seulgi is the first person Bae Joohyun would vent out to when her flings start to become annoying and eventually problematic. She is Irene's solution to every single person chasing after her begging for second chances- Seulgi would know what to do- she would fling an arm over Irene's shoulder and everyone else gets the message. Not to mention She has a tub of ice cream ready for every time someone breaks Irene's heart - it's a miracle Irene's heart is still intact after the countless of ice cream tubs they finished for every single heart break.

Seulgi is the always present best friend of Irene Bae Joohyun for the longest of time, ready to drop everything when the latter needs her. Irene is top priority, the rest just follows, and Seulgi falls in the routine of being sometimes her best friend's top priority, often the second to top priority whenever Irene is in a relationship- it's a tiring routine that maybe it's time for her to date too. It's a thought nagging her for a while.

"I'm going out with Wendy later today after work." Seulgi informs- it came as a habit to her to always tell Irene of any upcoming plans she has. She does this voluntarily.

Irene frowns in thought. "Why?" she asks. Irene can't explain the foreign feeling that suddenly settles in her stomach at the mention of Seulgi going out with someone that isn't her, but she doesn't voice it out.

"Well why not?" Seulgi asks back. "I think she's really nice."

"Wait, what? Are you going out with her like on a date or something?" Irene frowns deeper.

"Maybe it is a date. I think she's really cute too."

And Irene thinks back to when Wendy was first introduced to them, round eyes and wide smiles. "Seems like she is." She trails off, not very interested.

Seulgi scratches her forehead. "So... I won't be able to drive you home today but I'll drop you at the train station though."

Irene only nods, dinner alone it is then.

- - -

"Hyun, would you mind taking the backseat today?" Seulgi asks tentatively as she loads the bunch of paperworks Irene is taking home for the night. The latter is tailing behind her with a deep frown.

"Okay." Irene's simple reply as she takes two steps backwards from opening the door of the passenger seat. The word leaves a bitter taste on her tongue along with the many other bothering thoughts like how it's the first that Seulgi asked her to sit backseat, and that it doesn't feel right to be sitting on the backseat, Seulgi never lets her take the backseat, she always always rides shot gun.

And when Seulgi opens the passenger door for Wendy Irene didn't miss the way her best friend starts turning pink when the other girl thanked her, nor the stutter in Seulgi's voice when she answered Wendy with a "welcome" in a very shy way. 

Irene thinks this definitely is not looking alright.

-

"Hey Hyun I got cupcakes! Here have one." Seulgi shoves a fancy looking cupcake her way the very moment they sat down for lunch. It's monday and Irene is grumpy but Seulgi looking all smiley lightens her mood. She takes a bite and savors the chocolate cupcake while Seulgi is looking at her expectantly.

Irene finishes the whole thing in one go and Seulgi looks very satisfied. "It's really good Seul" she compliments

"It is! Isn't it? I think it's my new favorite I would want to eat some everyday." 

Irene chuckles, her best friend sure is cute. "Yeah? Which bakery did you bought it though? I'll get you more of it for your daily supply."

Seulgi laughs and it looks nice on her, Irene thinks. "Silly you'll make me fat. Anyways, it can't be bought in bakeries, Wendy baked them herself, she's amazing, isn't she?"

Irene was on to get herself one more cupcake but stopped midway. "Really? Wow, she's quite talented at baking."

And Seulgi proceeds to talking about plenty of things about Wendy while Irene tries to finish her lunch that suddenly taste bland.

Lunch went by so fast, Seulgi cleared her plate for her and gave her one more serving of the cupcake that she tried to finish. It's really good, Irene admits but she thinks she can do better at feeding her bear of a best friend.

That night, Irene contacts her friend who conducts baking classes and enrolled herself for weekend baking lessons.

-

Irene packs a lunch for two everyday but this time macaroons were added to their usual lunch menu- Seulgi notices.

"Seul, here try one I made this myself" Irene excitedly shares as she takes one piece of macaroon from the container and feeds her personally, of course, she lets her. She chews while Irene looks at her expectantly.

"So? How does it taste?" Irene waits for her verdict, and knowing her friend made it personally is enough for Seulgi to say. "It's really good Hyun! I think this is now my favorite sweet treat!"

"Well there'll be more to come, I'll make sure to make enough for your big appetite." Irene grins, happy to receive a compliment.

And Seulgi didn't lie when she said it, it may not be the best tasting treat in the world but it is for her, because Joohyun made it for her.

From then on lunch between them is always with macaroons.

-

There are days when lunch is spent alone for Seulgi. Like today, where she sits by herself eating lunch she got from the cafeteria. It tastes okay, but can't be compared to Joohyun's homemade food, she thinks.

Seulgi despises it whenever Irene agrees to go out for lunch whenever a suitor asks her- this means she'll be having lunch alone, and she hates it very much; Irene going out with someone else and her having to eat lunch alone.

So here she is picking on her food, taking all the veggies out her plate because Irene is not there with vegetables cooked the way Seulgi wants.

She's not alone for long though when Wendy, her new friend places her lunch bag on her table. "Mind if I join?"

Seulgi looks up and gives her a smile out of relief. "Please, be my guest! I hate eating lunch by myself."

"I can see that." Wendy chuckles as she starts taking her food containers out. It's quite a spread, Seulgi thinks, while her eyes locked on the box of cupcakes Wendy places between them. Wendy laughs at the sight of Seulgi about to drool so she pushes the cupcakes closer to Seulgi. "Here you go muncher Seul have as much as you want."

With no hesitation Seulgi finishes a cupcake in one go and is onto her second one so fast. "God I missed your cupcakes so much, this is the best!"

And Wendy laughs some more, quite satisfied to see a friend happy to have tasted her baked treats.

-

Irene is hungry and annoyed. Her lunch dated didn't go well she barely ate and Bogum was really boring. So she asked to be taken back to the office not even thirty minutes in reasoning she has a very important meaning she forgot she needs to prepare for. Of course there's no meeting, she just want to get out of the stupid lunch date and hopes to catch Seulgi in the cafeteria and then they can have lunch together. After all, she doesn't really like leaving her best friend to have lunch alone.

To her surprise, Seulgi isn't alone. Seulgi is with Wendy eating lunch together, her best friend munching a damn cupcake and giving Wendy two thumbs ups even.

"And she said my macaroons are her favorite, tsk!" Irene mumbles, very annoyed to see her best friend having a good time without her.

Irene takes her leave for her office and spent the rest of the day pretending busy- truth is she can't get the picture of Seulgi laughing about with Wendy out her head.

-

Seulgi asked Wendy to join them for lunch the next day, Irene said okay.

Seulgi and Wendy did most of the talking over lunch, Irene listens. She thinks the two seems very close already.

Wendy joins them for lunch again. Irene didn't mind, Seulgi seems to really enjoy her company.

And Irene doesn't voice it but she's actually do mind, she's not used to not having Seulgi's full attention only on her, nor is she pleased to see more serving of Wendy's homemade food on Seulgi's plate.

Wendy is a really good cook, she hates to admit. And for the life of her, Irene Bae Joohyun is actually feeling threatened that her best friend might be taken away from her- all because Seulgi helps herself to another serving of cupcakes baked by Wendy.

-

Not only did Wendy invaded their lunch time, the girl is now riding with them every after work on the way home.

Seulgi finds out Wendy is only five blocks away from their apartment building and has offered to a ride home once, until it became an every day thing. Of course Irene doesn't complain- as long as she still gets to ride shotgun.

But Seulgi and Wendy are really loud, and Irene is annoyed. They'll turn the radio on and would sing together.

Irene hates to admit but Seulgi and Wendy sounds really good together when singing.

-

It's a Saturday, and Irene and Seulgi found themselves lazing around on the latter's bed. Irene slept over Seulgi's place for a Friday night movie marathon- a once a month thing that they do.

"Hey Hyun?" Seulgi calls.

Irene turns on her stomach and started playing with Seulgi's lock, they've always been so soft to touch. "Hmm?" She hums.

Seulgi hesitates for a second before asking. "Well, ah- what do you think about me dating someone?"

Irene froze. She thinks for a second then asked. "Who?"

Seulgi bit her lips in thought, there's no one really it's just something she's been meaning to ask to know how her friend would react. "Well I dont know yet, it's just a thought really."

Irene doesn't buy it. "C'mon Seul, you can't be asking me that if you have no intentions of really dating someone. So who?"

Seulgi frowns, her friend is quite fix with it so she just randomly blurts out a name. "Er- Wendy...?"

Irene froze once more. Never, not even once has she considered the thought of Seulgi dating. Her friend has been single all these time, making her always available for her. Seulgi dating means spending more time with someone else and less time for her; it means she'll be next priority, not the top priority for Kang Seulgi.

Seulgi being cute and sweet with someone else that is not her; the passenger seat she has claimed will be seated by someone else; maybe they'll go out on lunch dates too and maybe they will also have movie nights, and Seulgi will cuddle another person to sleep that is not her.

Seulgi being with Wendy she tries to picture- doesn't look about right, Irene thinks, but she says anyway. "Well, it's about time I guess, that you date." and it actually left a bitter taste when the words left .

-

Irene takes the whole week off from work. Seulgi looks a bit more closer with Wendy and she thinks she needs a break from the sight. So she took a leave from work and takes off back home to Daegu.

But it seems there's no escaping Seulgi and Wendy. On her first day away from work, she calls Seulgi around lunch break. Her bestfriend answers the phone in a heartbeat but she also finds Seulgi seem to be having a good time at lunch even without her because Wendy is there. So Irene hangs up so fast and swears not to call her best friend for the rest of her break.

Irene is beyond bothered. She keeps on thinking about Seulgi and Wendy, and she hates it. She imagines them being together and she'd feel something squeezing her chest that it hurts. Irene is not ready to share her best friend, she's having a hard time trying to accept a reality of a lesser time with Seulgi. Her day two thoughts is all about it.

On the third day, she tells herself that it's only normal whatever she is feeling right now. Seulgi is her best friend and they've been together for the longest of time now once Seulgi dates Wendy there will be some adjustments. She has to be understanding for the happiness of her best friend, so what if she can't ride shot gun? She can take the backseat where there is more than enough space for her.

Mrs. Bae notices, there's something bothering her daughter and it's very obvious. So she brings a tray of a morning tea and pancakes for her daughter who refused to have breakfast downstairs and is all cooped up in bed.

"Hyun, I brought you breakfast sweetie." Mrs. Bae calls.

Irene opens her bedroom door for her mother then goes back to bed and hide under her blanket. "Just leave it here mom." she mumbles lifelessly.

But Mrs. Bae knows better than to just leave her alone. She takes a seat by the bed the mattress dipping at the added weight and caress her daughter's back. "Hyun, tell me what's bothering you."

"It's nothing, really. Don't worry mom." Irene answers.

Mrs. Bae sighs, her daughter could be stubborn. "It's not nothing Joohyun. I know you, you wouldn't leave work for days and come running back home if it's just nothing. So tell me, sweetie."

Irene thinks, she's been confused and there's no one to talk to, maybe talking to her mom could help. So she takes her blankets off and gets up to sit, back on the headboard. She looks at her mom who is patiently waiting for her to speak.

"Well its..." She trails off, looking at her mom who is looking at her in silent encouragement.

"... it's Seulgi."

Mrs. Bae hums, looking at her conflicted daughter. "What about our favorite bear?" She smiles fondly, it's not secret that the Baes are very fond of their daughter's closest friend.

"Well..." Irene hesitates, and her mom waits for her with an understanding look. She takes a deep breath to compose her self. "Well Seulgi opens up about her dating, and I don't feel settled about it. Probably because I'm used to having my best friend all to myself? I know it's her right to do so, she's been single since forever!"

Mrs. Bae laughs at her daughter who sounded so unsure. From the looks of it her daughter is all about convincing herself of her own words more than anyone else, and it's funny to the older woman looking at her daughter conflicted with her own feelings when she's been wearing her heart on her sleeves for everyone to see but her, and the subject of her torment does the same.

It's times like now that Mrs. Bae finds herself a mother to her sweet Joohyun now more than ever when the girl is all about being strong and independent, but will always come running home to her when she's unconsciously looking for guidance. Mrs. Bae looks at her daughter fondly, bringing a hand to caress her daughter's cheek. "Oh sweetie, do you really believe it's the reason why you're feeling this way?"

"It's not?"' Irene asks, frown growing deeper. If it's not, then what?

"Sweetheart, I've watched you and Seulgi grow up together and oh my it's quite a thrill looking back. You two know each other more than anyone else, spent more time glued to each other." Mrs. Bae starts. She eases the frown on her daughter's face as Irene nods in agreement although not sure what her mom is trying to say, though she knows her mom likes to point the obvious.

Mrs. Bae laughs some more, her daughter can be pretty obvious, and she can see her eldest daughter is confused. "How about you give yourself a little trip down memory lane hmm? I have your photo albums stocked up by your dressing cabinet, it has everything kept well from your childhood pictures until the latest ones you send us from time to time. Maybe you'll find it will ease your mind sweetie."

And Mrs. Bae stands up to leave then, giving her daughter a quick kiss on the forehead. "I'll be downstairs if you need me Joohyun, I'll be baking cookies that you and Seulgi loves to munch on."

When the door to her room closes, Irene stands from her bed to retrieve the photo albums. There's four photo albums with labels in front: my childhood, happy high school, university days and in my 20's. Irene laughs at the cringe words, obviously the doing of her mother. She brings them back to her bed and flips open her childhood photo album first. There's pictures of her from when she's only a few days old; her as a one month old baby on her father's arms; her learning how to walk with her parents; her first birthday with her mom and dad helping her blow the candle on the cake; pictures taken on her first trip to the zoo; playing in the playground when she's a little over three. On these part it's mostly pictures of her solo or with her family members.

As she flips to a page where there's a picture taken on her first day at preschool it's where Seulgi finally appears. They were two little kids holding hands, grinning widely looking at the camera. Seulgi is present in the next set of pictures then. There's them playing in the park; in an ice cream parlor with ice cream all over their faces; their first day in first grade, holding hands and waving; them sprawled in the Baes living with scattered coloring materials; moving up ceremony where she received the highest honor and Seulgi has her arm over hee shoulders grinning proudly eyes disappearing in crescents.

Irene closes the first photo album and move to the next one. The first page is her solo school pictures for every grade, she flips to the next page and she's greeted by the picture of her in her neatly ironed uniform her hair up in a ponytail with a grumpy Seulgi beside her in a straight-out-the-laundry looking uniform hair in an unkempt bun and prescription glasses. Irene laughs, she remembers this one taken on their first day in junior high where Seulgi was refusing to use her glasses, says it looks ugly.

The next pages were pictures mostly taken in school or school trips. There's plenty of pictures, the settings were different, time changes, more faces appeared, and Irene is growing a little bit more one picture after another. From first days of every new school year to moving up ceremonies, with every picture comes the happy feelings of her fun high school, and on most parts she's spent the memorable ones with Seulgi. Her best friend is always right by her side: sat with her on boring days at their favourite ice cream shop; her shoulder was her pillow as they sat side by side on the bus during school trips; she cheered and campaigned for her when she ran for student council president; and gave her the loudest applause when she delivered her graduation speech as class valedictorian.

When Irene flips over her university days album, this time it's a little bit different. She remembers the picture on the first page, it's her standing by the gates of Seoul University- the first ever picture Seulgi has taken using her film camera, Seulgi majored in multimedia while she took bachelor of arts majored in English, they took different paths but managed to be around each other.

The following pages are not so much different from the first two, the pictures are arranged in chronological order. But this time there's less pictures of Irene with Seulgi, instead a whole lot of the pictures were taken by Seulgi. There's a picture of her buying books required in class, she's quite excited then; a candid picture of her in a cafe sitting on a booth by the window (the very same cafe that became their official hangout place); there's one taken outside a movie house looking nervous (she recalls this one, her very first date where she asked Seulgi to wait with her until her date comes); a group photo with her first boyfriend in the picture taken at an amusement park; there's when she joined the debate team and she's giving her argument, and the following picture was her on stage with her teammates after winning the debate; another set of candid pictures of her up close, from afar, her side view, and mostly of her back always a step ahead. On the last page was a family photo where she dons her toga, standing between her parents holding a bouquet given by Seulgi and with both her parents on her graduation day - of course Seulgi was the one to take the picture.

Going over her university days album is like looking at herself growing up through the eyes of the photographer- she basically went through university right before Seulgi's eyes. She's had so much fond memories with Seulgi looking after her right behind her camera lenses, it's very endearing it leaves Irene feeling warm, and something fuzzy starting to set in the pit of her stomach.

Finally Irene is down on the last album, this time she opens the album to a picture of her and Seulgi grinning widely, a selfie they have taken after she moved in to her apartment, where Seulgi helped her with tidying. The next pages are filled with more recently taken pictures: there's her a week after graduation they went ice skating; on a picnic by the Han River with Seulgi munching over the sandwich she prepared; a picture taken from her trip with Seulgi to Shanghai (she's had so much fun then); tons of selfies they took on the plane before departure; them taking night stroll by the beachside in Miami; a picture of her outside Burj khalifa; and the last one was taken on their last dinner out at their favorite Tteokbokki place.

The album is only halfway filled, with plenty of empty pages waiting to be filled with more pictures. Irene closes the album, now deep in thought. Looking through the albums is indeed a walk down in memory lane, Irene's most fondest memories are all there.

It's not just that, Irene also realizes - if it's not too obvious already - that she spent most parts of her life with Seulgi by her side, she's ever present: on good days, bad ones, sad days, happy times, tear-jerking moments, laughter filled ones, and plenty more. Seulgi always looked after her, and she's with Seulgi during the best parts.

Irene went over the albums once more, it felt like forever to finish it, but this time she paid extra attention on pictures of her and Seulgi in high school up to the recent ones. There's one more thing that finally opens Irene's eyes to what's right in front of her. In most parts, Seulgi has always had her eyes on her, most times looking at her like she's put the stars up the sky, sometimes with eyes of longing. Even when she's out of the picture, Seulgi always has her eyes on her.

Irene tears up, and laughs a little bit. How dumb could she be to be looking at anything and everything, to look at someone else but the very person who has everything she's always wanted. She's join the cliché, like  the many people who fell in love with their best friend. Irene laughs a little louder thinking about Seulgi disliking the clichés, funny how they became the very thing they dont want to be.

Irene runs downstairs to her mother shouting in excitement. "Mom! Mom I know now!"

Mrs. Bae laughs at her childish daughter who ran to her for a hug. They hugged for a while. "Took you a while to figure it out Joohyun, but I'm glad you did."

"But why didn't you just tell me straight." She whines to her mother.

"Oh dear, I would have but knowing how you are, you wouldn't believe everyone else but you. Whenever you visit with Seulgi tagging along, I always wait for you to finally introduce her as your girlfriend. You two are painfully obvious yet oblivious of each others feelings." The older laughs some more, yet with eyes looking at her daughter fondly.

Irene smiles at her mother lovingly and tightens their hug, her mother knows her the best.

A ding coming from the oven breaks the moment between the mother and daughter. "That's the cue." Mrs. Bae says as she pats her daughter's back once more before breaking the hug. "Why don't you get your stuff ready for a trip back to Seoul? I believe you're still yet to get your girl." Mrs. Bae teases that got Irene laughing out loud.

Mrs. Bae looks at her daughter some more, thinking how she's really grown so much but still a kid at heart. "You hurry up sweety no time to waste. I'll pack some cookies for you, these will help Seulgi say yes to you in a heartbeat. She loves my cookies so much."

Irene kisses her mother's cheek before letting go. "Alright mom! Thank you so much, love you!"

-

Irene boards the train back to Seoul and few hours later she finds herself in front of Seulgi's door, her mother's cookies in hand.

She's sure Seulgi is inside, her car is in her parking slot- she checked before going up to Seulgi's floor.

She's standing there for a good five minutes already, not sure when to knock, not sure what to say, and afraid of what Seulgi will say in return.

She recalls how the past few months have been. She recalls that night when Seulgi asked her about dating, how she said she has Wendy in mind. And the past few months where she's been extra close to the said girl seemed to prove it. Will this be worth the shot? Seulgi could really be crushing on Wendy, if she confesses, then what becomes of their friendship?

But can she really live with herself in regret? If she don't speak now, she might as well not speak of it forever. Can she do that?

No.

Irene Bae is a fighter, she puts out the best arguments in debate, she's the best in persuading people, and she never loses with putting up a fight.

So she clears her mind, takes a deep breathe and got ready to knock on her best friend's door. Just in time the door was opened, leaving her fist up on the air, and Seulgi came in view, dressed in her favorite gray hoodie, tattered jeans and rugged pair of chucks. She has a baseball cap on to complete her getup. And she looks ready to leave with phone and keys on her hand.

Irene feels the panic rising in her. Questions pops in her mind left and right, is Seulgi going somewhere? Is she going out for a date? Is she going to Wendy's? Did she made plans with Wendy? Doubts kicking in.

"Hyun h-hey!" Seulgi stutters in surprise. Unbeknownst to Irene, Seulgi is worried sick after not hearing from her best friend. She's made plans to make the trip to Daegu to see Irene, as she's made up her mind to confess.

"H-hey, you going somewhere?" Irene asks, heart sinking. She's made up her mind though, she's come her to tell Seulgi what she feels and she's gonna do just that.

"Well..." Seulgi scratches her nape out of habit when nervous, she's wanted to confess right this very moment. "I was actually going to-

Irene brings a hand up cutting Seulgi off mid-sentence. "Wait, before you answer I brought you mom's cookies and I need to tell you something too."

Seulgi takes her favorite cookies and nods in wait. "Okay, thanks for the cookied. But you gotta hear me out too, I also have something to tell you. Promise me you'll listen." Seulgi raises her pinky.

That added more to the piling fears on Irene but nevertheless she loops her pinky with Seulgi. "Promise."

"Okay shoot I'm all ears Hyun."

And Irene's insides are rambling, but she musters the courage to look at Seulgi locking their eyes. She recounts all the moments she spent looking through every pictures of them taken, remember all those moments Seulgi knocked on her door with ice cream tubs while she cried over failed relationship. She can't recall how all those relationships failed, but she can count all the times Seulgi catches her through every fall. Kang Seulgi has stuck by her side through it all, she might as well stick with her for the rest of their lives.

Irene takes a deep breath and started. "You know how I hate beating around the bush, right? I'm impatient too, and hates losing, but I'll never go down without a fight." Irene looks at Seulgi who nods in response.

"Remember when you asked me of my opinion about you dating? And you said you have Wendy in mind. I said it's fine with me but it's actually not. Kang Seulgi, I don't like for you to date, it's your right to do so and this is only my opinion. I don't want you looking at someone else, or spend time with someone else, I don't like for you to share meals with someone else, or go on trips with someone else. I don't want you doing anything life changing with someone who isn't me." Irene blurts out nonstop like her life depended on it. "What I'm trying to say is, don't date someone else, please just date me. I love you Kang Seulgi."

Irene felt like she ran on a marathon, she's heaving but at the same time a heavy weight was lifted. What's left in her are her doubts and fears of rejection. But she waits, she looks for some sort of reaction from a dumbfounded Seulgi. She's getting anxious every second that ticks without a word from her best friend.

"Seulgi?" Irene shakes her by her shoulders. "Say something."

Seulgi blinks. One. Two. She blinks rapidly like waking up from slumber.

"Hyun"

"Yeah?"

"Can you say that again?" Seulgi asks slowly.

Irene fidgets. "I literally did a monologue, Seulgi. Do you want me to repeat everything? I don't think I can."

"No, no. Just the last part Hyun, I need to make sure I heard it right."

"O-oh alright. I love you, Kang Seulgi" Irene says shyly, if Seulgi asks one more time she'll be getting a smack instead.

Seulgi instead brings a hand to pinch her cheek. "Oww! That hurts, okay I'm hurt. Means this ain't straight out my imagination."

Irene casts her a confused look. "What?"

The next thing that comes out of Seulgi's lips has Irene madly blushing. "Did you also said you'd want me to date you instead?"

That earned Seulgi a punch on her side. "Well duh, you heard me. You know I hate repeating myself."

Still sassy, it's so Irene when she's embarrassed.

"I'm still waiting for your answer, dumb bear." Irene rolls her eyes trying to act cool and composed masking her nerves on riot, pounding on her chest.

Seulgi grins, eyes forming crescents as she looks at Irene. She can't believe Irene beats her to her confession.

Irene is impatient, she cant keep her cool for much longer. "Well? We don't have all night for me to wai-

Just like how she cut Seulgi mid-sentence earlier, the monolid woman did the same. She seals Irene's mouth with her own. Seulgi's answer comes in the form of a kiss that takes Irene's breath away - literally.

It's not like the countless kisses she's had, no. She can't even recall any of those. All she can think of is Seulgi's soft lips on her own. She recalls those times she's looked at this very same lips, recalling how she's thought about kissing them, wondering how it'd be like. Now she need not wonder as she savor this moment. It's a sweet kiss that conveys Seulgi's feelings. Firm and in sync.

They were lost in the moment, outside Seulgi's doorstep for what felt like forever until their lungs hurt for air, that they had to let go.

Seulgi knows very well not to keep her best friend waiting. "I hope that answers it?" She takes Irene inside by the waist and closed the door.

"Well fair enough, but I still want to hear you say it."

Seulgi laughs, of course, it's very Irene to ask. And she doesn't mind saying it to her every chances she gets. Seulgi wouldn't pass on the chance to proclaim her feelings to Irene every passing moment, everyday for the rest of their lives. It's really cliché that Seulgi would cringe but she doesn't mind.

"Bae Joohyun, I love you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Okay that wasn't so hard, right?" Irene says as they cuddle in Seulgi's bed. Her arms hugging her now girlfriend tightly. "But what's the deal with Wendy? I thought you have a crush on her?" It leaves a bitter taste on her tongue to say it

Seulgi only laughs. "Wendy's only a friend. Besides, she already has a girlfriend she's dating for years said like they're soulmates. They sound cliché right?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


This is probably the longest I've written in one shot and was so hard to type on my phone (and I did not proof read) ㅠㅠ kindly leave some love in the comment section Luvies <3