Meow IV

[purr]

Sojung didn’t wake up with the Sun hitting her eyes or with the annoying sound of cars passing through the street. No. Sojung woke up to the feeling of hugging a very warm body.

Wait, body?

She opened her eyes to see not the brown cat she had slept with, but a girl--or better, her mass of sweet scented, black hair. If she couldn't smell Fluffy Paws on the body under arms, she would have certainly freaked out.

But, even though, she wasn't exactly freaking out because it wasn’t a stranger, Sojung's eyes almost popped off.

Fluffy Paws had shifted.

Probably sensing her awakening, the other girl softly whined and turned her head up a little. Their eyes met and Sojung's throat went dry.

The girl was ing gorgeous. She was just as small as she was in her cat form, and somehow her eyes and mouth worked just as if she was still a kitty; her cheeks flushed under Sojung's astonished gaze and the shop owner had to strongly hold back the urge of squealing.

"Muh... morning."

Her ING VOICE-- Sojung gulped down, noticing how freaking awkward she was being. "Uh... morning."

The girl in front of her looked as if she could spontaneously combust at any given time and Sojung felt conflicted; she didn't want the other to be uncomfortable, but she also looked so freaking adorable! How could she not stare?!

"Uh. So. Your human form."

Yes, Sojung is indeed a very skilled talker.

"Mhm," the girl nodded. "I, um, borrowed one of your shirts, by the way..."

Oh, yeah. That made sense since she wasn't or anything.

Sojung nodded. "That's okay, it's completely fine..." but, wait. Did that mean she was wearing Sojung's pant-- "We should probably get more clothes for you, since it's cold," Sojung quickly said to interrupt her own train of thoughts.

"A-ah, ok," she nodded and watched Sojung awkwardly move down on the bed and stand up.

The taller shapeshifter tried her best to not look at Fluffy Paws while she went for her wardrobe, fearing that the flush on her cheeks would make the situation even more awkward.

"You, um, want... sweatpants?"

"I don't..." Sojung looked at Fluffy Paws (oh, God, she really needed to find out her real name) and felt her heart almost stop when she saw the girl sitting on her heels, fingers anxiously playing with the hem of Sojung's shirt. "I don't think it'll fit..."

, she's right, Sojung gnawed on her bottom lip; if her shirt was practically a dress to the other, imagine how her sweatpants would look. But it was still too cold to just stay like that.

"Oh!" Sojung suddenly exclaimed and the girl jolted a little. "Then what about... this?" she grabbed a pair of knee high, pink, pelisse socks and showed them to the girl. "This could help, right?"

Fluffy Paws gave a short nod; Sojung held back a squeal.

"Um, here," Sojung handed them to the girl who took it hesitantly. "Are you hungry? I can go to the kitchen and make some food for us. That'd be okay?"

"Oh, yeah, it's--it's okay."

Sojung nodded and went straight to the kitchen, begging to God that her face wasn't as red as she felt it.

Her mind wandered off to the girl more than once while she cooked some omelette and boiled water; Sojung did try to concentrate though... she really did.

. She's so cute, Sojung groaned. I mean, she was already adorable as a kitty, but looking at her now--oh .

"Um, hi?"

Sojung jerked with the sweet sound that so gently hit her ears. The shop owner turned around to look at the door and standing just a few meters away was the cutest, most adorable, cat shifter she had ever seen (not that she had seen many others before, but Sojung knew the one before her was the most precious without a doubt).

The pink socks and the oversized shirt made her look somehow smaller; the black, short hair beautifully framed her face and Sojung was sure that she was creepily staring, but she just couldn't help it.

Who the allowed Ms. Fluffy Paws to be that pretty?

Oh. Yeah. Fluffy Paws.

"Hi. Um, why don't you sit? I'm almost finishing here and--you could tell me your name? Meanwhile? Uh, I'm sure it isn't Fluffy Paws or something like that--oh God, I'm sorry I was calling you by such a lame name, I'm truly so--"

"It's okay," the girl quickly interrupted Sojung's rambling and sat down on the stool. "Fluffy Paws was... fine, I guess."

Oh , kill me now, Sojung thought, putting the omelettes on two plates.

"I'm Eunbi, though. Jung... Jung Eunbi."

Sojung filled two mugs with hot water and bags of tea. "Jung Eunbi?"

"Yes," the girl nodded and Sojung put the plates and mugs on the table. Jung Eunbi was blushing.

"It's a pretty name," Sojung blurted out before she could stop herself. "Eunbi is a very--very sweet name."

Looking through her lashes, the smaller girl remained in silence for a few seconds; they stayed like that for a few very awkward seconds.

"Thank... you."

Sojung's heart hammered her ribs. Eunbi casted her eyes down, hiding her face, and the shop owner swallowed dryly.

"You're welcome."