Meow III

[purr]

The days that followed the cat's arrival were less intense than Sojung thought they'd be. 

Fluffy Paws was actually very calm and sweet; she only became annoyed at Sojung's teasing--otherwise, she would spent the whole day lying over the CDs and records. Someone Sojung knew--a regular customer--asked if it wasn't too much trouble taking care of a cat and of the store all by herself, but Sojung promptly said that no, it was very good, in fact.

That came as a surprise to both her and Fluffy Paws, who perked her ears as she answered the client. It was the truth, though; Sojung appreciated the company and the cat wasn't a bother at all. 

It'd be a lie to say that she didn't feel a little uncomfortable sometimes, however.

Fluffy Paws was a shapeshifter but she hadn't turned human yet and that was indeed a little unsettling. But Sojung didn't want to pressure the other and she was sure the cat was a good being, anyway. So, Sojung decided she would patiently wait for her; when time came, things would be revealed. 

She didn't think it would happen the way it did, though.

It was a Friday night, about three weeks they had been living together, and the weather was just getting worse. Sojung noticed Fluffy Paws was more hesitant, looking scared while she curled up on the bed's corner, the furthest she could get from the window.

The shop owner wanted to ask if there was something wrong, she wanted to gently caress the other's fur and reassure her that nothing bad would happen. But she didn't feel the right to do. In all the days and nights they spent together, Fluffy Paws had never allowed Sojung to pet her or even curl up close when she shifted herself to her cat form. 

Because of that, Sojung thought it would be a move to just rub the kitty's head or something… but, God , she looked so small and unprotected that it was hard to just stay away. And, before she could even notice, she was crawling on the bed, her tail and ears standing up in concern.

Sojung kneeled a few inches away from the fur ball and pursed her lips, wondering what would be the safest thing to do. She was about to call the kitty when a thunder echoed. The loud and harsh noise hit their sensitive ears and made both of them squeal.

Sojung looked angrily at the window, as if she could scold the nature, and when her eyes fell back to Fluffy Paws, the kitten wasn't with her head stuffed between her legs anymore. Fluffy Paws was now staring at her; her wide brown eyes looking wet and terrified. Sojung's heart painfully clenched. 

She decided to say it to caution.

Sojung laid down on the bed and gently wrapped her hand around the fluffy body and nudged the cat closer to her. To her surprise, Fluffy Paws complied and carefully snuggled against Sojung's chest, letting out a soft mewl when the other "trapped" her there, half-hugging her.

Sojung tried to not giggle when the cat's wet snout pressed against her neck and waited very still for any signal of discomfort.

Needless to say that the low, shy purr she felt was very pleasant surprise.