Regardless, I Love You

Accidental Meeting

“You didn't say I could only ask you one, you said I could ask anything. So you have to answer all of them.” I say while I defiantly stick my tongue out, trying to act calm even though my heart is beating like crazy. I stare deep into his eyes, waiting.


 

“Okay, okay, sheesh!” Hyukjae says, caving. And then, he swallows before he answers, “For your first question, yes. Second, y-yes, and third—a… a man.” So damn vague!

 

Oh hell no! I inwardly exclaim, He is not getting away with those incomplete answers. I’m too curious to let this opportunity pass like this. I want to know when he was in Mokpo and how he knows Eunhyuk. Is Eunhyuk his sister or cousin, or something, because they look so much alike?

 

Hell, they even act the same sometimes.

 

My heart starts beating faster knowing that he knows her. Maybe he can help me find her so I can find out why she left me. It's not that I love her anymore. I guess I just need answers. And anywho, who in the hell is this guy he has fallen in love with? Because I need to know who my competition is!

 

“Oh, hell no, Hyukjae, you're going to answer my questions fully. It's not fair. I did beat you.” I nearly shouted.

 

“But you cheated and also you said you didn't know how to bowl, but you seemed to know what you were doing!” He tried to protest.

 

“Yes, I know how to bowl, but I haven’t really in a long time. It's just, when I did bowl back then, I was our team's champion. We won all kinds of trophies because of me. Also, I didn't cheat... I only coughed. Can’t I cough?!” I cried, lying about that last part while trying to sound sincere. Oh well. “So, answer my questions, Hyukkie.”

 

Oh .

 

“I-I mean, Hyukjae…”

 

What the hell did I-- Why the hell did I--? Just now, I sounded like I was talking to Eunhyuk, even though I called her Eun or Eunhyukkie... But, well, he called me by a nickname before, so why can't I?

 

But Hyukjae seems really shocked by the nickname. He starts to say something, but stops midway to bite on his y bottom lip, instead. He’s trying to kill me, biting his lip like that turns me on so much. I stop fantasizing about chewing on his bottom lip when he starts speaking again.

 

“Okay, Hae, I'll tell you everything.” He says nervously. Why the heck is he so nervous? “I did go to Mokpo for like 9 and-a-half months. I had a DJ-ing job to do so I brought my best friends Junsu, Kyuhyun, and Heechul, and my little cousin, Jisung, with me. I should have known better than to bring those evil idiots with me. Well, all besides Jisung.

.

“So anyway, we played a game of rock, paper, scissors, and I lost. The bet was to do the most embarrassing thing they could think of and I had to do it or I couldn't get my strawberry milk, or anything strawberry-related for that matter, for a month. Anyone who knows anything about me knows that I can't live without strawberries for even one day. So, I had to agree.”

 

Meanwhile, I’m thinking about how much Eunhyuk had liked strawberries. Strange.

 

“Hyukjae, what about Eunhyuk?” I ask him, cutting into his story because I no longer care about why he was in Mokpo, I just care about the likeness he had to Eunhyukkie.

 

“Quiet, Hae. You wanted to know everything so be patient and don’t interrupt.” I’m a little shocked about his sudden serious attitude. What could be so important about his story?

 

“So, as I was saying, I needed my daily dose of my one and only drug, strawberry. So I reluctantly agreed to whatever they wanted. Those s took me out to get my hair done, then they took me to a spa and had me get waxed, which hurt like hell by the way. Anyway, I had a waxing, pedicure, manicure, and one hell of a good massage.

 

“Then, after the spa we went to a makeup shop. Can you believe those s told the staff there to put blush, lipstick, eyeshadow, and fake eyelashes on me? I looked totally like a ing girl. I complained like I was in hell, but those bastards just laughed at me and dragged me to the mall. We went into shop after shop until they found what they were looking for. When we walked out of there, I was dressed in some black leggings, a blue jersey-sweatshirt that passed my , and blonde extensions that reached the middle of my back! I must say, though, I was pretty damn hot. But still, I am a man dammit!”

 

I sit still, utterly ing shocked after hearing how Hyukjae described himself because he… H-He just described exactly what Eunhyukkie looked like when we first met.

 

Please, God, don't let this be true.

 

“So, they finally told me what I was supposed to do. I had to do my DJ job as a girl. I almost killed them all, but I had to do it for my baby—strawberries. When we entered the club I went over to the owner and told him the deal and said I would be there using a different name since I didn't want anyone to recognize me.

 

“The night was going fast and I was itching to have some real fun, so I put on a mixtape that played random songs I used to like and went to the dance floor. I was a little tipsy but I wasn't totally drunk because I had a job to do. Anyway while I was on the dance floor I met… the sweetest man I ever thought I would meet. He was so handsome and I was instantly drawn to him… This handsome guy came up to me and started swaying his hips and got closer to me and whispered, 'Hey, Mamacita ayayayaya.' I didn't know what he meant but it sent a shiver down my spine.”

 

Hyukjae isn’t looking at me anymore. I don’t know where to look either. I’m not sure if I want to finish listening, but I can’t bring myself to do anything else but sit there, stiffly.

 

“He placed a quick peck on my lips and asked me for my number.” Hyukae continues, “I dumbly nodded, looking him in his beautiful, chocolate-brown eyes and gave him my number. I had to rush back to the DJ booth, so I smiled and left him after waving goodbye. I literally sat by my phone waiting for a call from this hottie, it took a whole week of me getting teased by my cousin and my friends until he called. I almost jumped out of my seat and screamed unto the receiver as I answered, 'Hello this is Eunhyuk.'

 

“I wasn't sure if it was him because the number was unknown. But it was him. I almost melted hearing his beautiful, but slightly husky voice. He asked me out on a date and of course I said yes. We started going out on dates -- to the movies, walks in the park, to restaurants, even staying at his house playing video games. Sometimes we would kiss but when things became more intimate and I started to realize that I was falling in love with him, I had to break it off.

 

“I was afraid that he would hate me, or even worse, kill me. You can’t fool a guy like that, no matter how kind he is. It’s dangerous. So, I wrote him a letter and left it inside his mailbox and left the very same day back to Seoul. His name was Donghae. It was you...” Hyukjae whispers the end of his story like he was falling asleep, but I hear him. Loud and clear.

 

“Also, yes, I'm in love with a man, Hae. It’s--” I cut him off because at this point, I don’t want to hear him. Who the hell cares what man he loves? My mind is still reeling over the fact that it was me. All along, it was me and Hyukjae remembered me this whole time. He deceived me.

 

I could have, hell should have been happy knowing that the woman and man I love are the same person, but I’m too pissed off to think.

 

“TAKE ME HOME, NOW.” I scream at Hyukjae, ignoring the sadness and immediate regret in his eyes. I get up and start walking out of the bowling alley. I’m almost at the door when I hear a loud, “Hey, where are you going, sir? You can't leave with our bowling shoes on!”

 

I look down and realize I still have on their shoes. The embarrassment makes me even angrier, so I turn around, take off their shoes, and slam them on the counter in front of the shocked employee. With force, I yank my shoes off the counter, put my shoes on and storm out the door without a second look back.

 

How could Hyukjae lie to me like this? How??

 

Once I get to Hyukjae’s motorcycle, I stand with my arms crossed, impatiently waiting for him to give me my helmet and take me home. Some time later, Hyukjae finds his way out of the bowling alley, walking slowly, defeated. Tears glisten on his face, I can see them clearly as he approaches me; but I’m too angry to acknowledge them.

 

“D-Donghae, please say something. Please...”

 

He wants me to say something? Like what? What should I say? I now know that the two people I’ve ever romantically loved in my life have lied to me. The first person was a fake woman and the other knew the secret the entire time. I’ve been conned twice by the same person.

 

What the hell am I supposed to say?

 

As we are driving, it’s so quiet that I think momentarily that I’ve gone deaf. It’s a totally suffocating feeling. I have to break the silence.

 

“Were you ever going to tell me, Hyukjae? Was this all a game to you? Did you want to see how I felt about everything so you could break me again?” I whisper into the headpiece included inside the motorcycle helmet. It also helps that the motorcycle isn't one of those loud ones.

 

I feel so heart broken.

 

“I was, Donghae. I was just so afraid.” He tries to explain, but I’m not buying it.

 

“Afraid? Afraid of what, dammit? I love you, Eunhyuk! If that’s even a name you really go by. I was the happiest man alive. But you left me and now this ? What the hell is wrong with you?!” I yell.

 

The bike jerks violently within seconds of my final words. Car horns blare around us as Hyukjae has stopped so abruptly in the middle of the street. This crazy bastard.

 

“Listen, goddammit. I said I was ing afraid, okay? I loved you, alright? Hell, I still ing do!” He screams after removing his helmet and getting off the bike, and we both freeze.

 

I’m so shook I can barely breathe as I stare wide-eyed into Hyukjae’s glistening eyes. H-He still loves me. I think, Me! I was the man him and hyung were talking about. He almost told me back at the bowling alley.

 

My heart is skipping too many beats to be normal, my palms are sweaty, and butterflies are having a party in my stomach as I repeat the same thing over and over in my head.

 

He loves me. Hyukjae really loves me.

 

I smile softly, cautiously. What I see in Hyukjae’s eyes are fright and sadness, and I feel his sadness as if it were my own.

 

“So, then why?” I ask softly, taking off my helmet, but remaining on the motorcycle. His thumbs suddenly pressing against my face and wiping tears away forces me to realize I’ve been crying. Hyukjae’s soft, plump lips meet my own and, when he releases me, I see he has a small sad smile on his flawless face.

 

“Because, Hae, I loved you too much and I was too scared of losing you, even as a friend. I wanted to be by your side in any way possible, so I promised myself that I would keep this secret forever and suffer the heartache alone. But Minnie convinced me that I should tell and that maybe you felt the same for me.”

 

I’m so touched, I don’t know what to say. So, I let my actions speak for me.

 

I get off of the motorcycle and slap Hyukjae hard in two fluid motions. I have to let him know how he hurt me and how wrong he was. I mean, I could have handled it in a less violent way, but sometimes, words just get lost on me.

 

I then hurry to press soothing hands against his cheeks and I pull Hyukjae into me. Right there, beside his bike, in the middle of a traffic-laden street, Hyukjae and I share a very passionate kiss. A kiss long overdue.

 

Moments later, my eyes meet Hyukjae’s dazed expression and, with a lazy smile, I say, “I think we should get going. The drivers behind us sound quite pissed off. If 'Get the going you , or I'm gonna kick your , you mother er!' isn't enough of a clue, I don’t know what is.”

 

We both let out amused laughter that follows us all the way back to Sungmin hyung’s house. Once there, we sit up the rest of the night talking about what happened in the past. We think of what we make of the present, and then we decide how we’re going forward into the future.

 

There’s only one scenario for the two of us now. And we’re gonna stick to it.

 

I love him, he loves me, and we should try out a real relationship. So, I now have a boyfriend, and his name is Lee Hyukjae.

 

You hear that readers?? I have Hyukjae and you can't have him. He's all mine. Mine, you hear me?

 

Bahahahaha (since you can’t see me, just know I’m sticking my tongue out at all of you)!!

 

Updated: 8/26/18

CookieBear16: And finally, here's the last chapter of Accidental Meeting! I hope you all thoroughly enjoyed the short story that was actually supposed to be a three-shot, but you know :p Stick around for a little and shoot those comments below, and we'll see you next time! (Literally, I'm gonna be finished with editing Cheated one of these days... I'm on the last chapter of it (finally). Reread it before I'm done! (:)

Have a Great Day! \(^.^)/

EunHaeLove42: Ok, sooooo here's the last chapter. Sorry if it sounds so corny at the end but I thought it would be a funny way to end it. *Hides behind EunHae*

                            If you like what you've read please leave a comment, subscribe and upvote. Thank you and see you at my next story or already written one. :))

 

Hugs & Kisses^^