Nonsense Feelings...?

Accidental Meeting

 

The afternoon is warm and sunny, and, wanting to enjoy this nice weather, I decide to go on a nice, long walk. During my walk through the city park, I pass a tall, slender man and slightly brush my shoulder into his, and it feels like electricity begins flowing through my body as we touch.

 

And this shocks me.

 

“Why do I feel like this?” I ask myself because I have never laid eyes on this man, but I feel all funny inside.

 

Quickly, I turn around to get a better look at him, but he is no longer there. Somehow, he’s gone so quickly I wonder briefly if I had imagined him. Confused, I turn back around and continue my walk.

 

But suddenly, I can't get this man, this stranger, out of my mind... Who is he to make me feel this way? I stop walking and begin to wreck my memory to see if I remember him from anywhere, but I come up short. I really don't know him.

 

“Then, why...?”

 

I abruptly turn back around and spontaneously run after the man. I have to know if he knows me somehow. After several steps in the direction he had gone, I'm sad to know that I can't find him anywhere. Dumbly, I scratch my head and turn in circles in search of him, but still, I can't find him among the yards of greenery surrounding me.

 

I'm about to give up when, somehow, I see him enter The Ice Cream Shop nearby from where I stand. I make my way there quickly and, as I walk in, I see him at the counter placing his order while trying to pick up the woman working behind it.

 

I shake my head and find a seat near the counter, one that isn’t too obviously in sight. From here, I continue watching him.

 

After he's done flirting while waiting for his order, he is given a strawberry ice cream cone along with the girl's phone number. It seems his flirting was successful… And after he retrieves both, he turns around and heads to the door.

 

But then he stops.

 

And now he's coming this way... and while looking right at me... Immediately, I start to freak out in my seat.

 

OMG OMG, what do I do?! I ask myself in a panic. I put my head down fast so he won't notice me staring at him.

 

Then, I continue to freak out. Why is he coming this way, and why is my heart beating so fast because of it? I don't even know this man. Hell, I don't even know why I'm acting this way!

 

“Excuse me, sir.” It was the smoothest and most beautiful sound I have ever heard. I sort of drowned myself in it, wrapped it around my ears twice so I could hear it more. “Sir,” the beautiful voice repeated and, Oh, I realize, I haven't answered him yet.

 

“Yes?” I say quietly as I keep my head down so the man doesn't see these reddened cheeks of mine.

 

“Is this your wallet?” I swear that voice of his practically sings.

 

I slowly lift my head up and my eyes end up taking in two long, slender legs; a slightly long torso behind that tight-fitting button-down shirt he's wearing; and as I reach his face my heart pauses and quickly starts up again.

 

For it is beautiful.

 

I see two luscious, plump lips that I bet are as soft as they look. Continuing a bit higher, I see single-lidded eyes, that I find fascinating, staring right back at me. From here, I find it harder to stop staring than ever before, because, damn this guy is fine as hell.

 

He could be a movie star, or a model! His face is just inviting people like me to stare.

 

But then, Stop staring, Donghae, and answer the man! I yell at myself once the hot guy blinks and looks a little impatiently at me.

 

“Y-Yes, it is,” I stammer, “Thank you... By the way, my name is Donghae and um, thanks again.”

 

“You're welcome,” he says with a smile that could definitely melt the sun before walking away. I stare as he leaves, taking in his slim physique and wondering how he’ll spend the rest of his day.

 

I think I'm falling in love…

 

No, Donghae! I scold myself, trying to refrain from smacking myself in the head and looking like a complete idiot. That can't be possible!

 

I force myself to calm down and, feeling like my heart can properly beat again and my brain can now send messages to my mouth and legs, I hurriedly get up and go to the counter where I order a chocolate ice cream cone. While at the counter, my curiosity gets the best of me and I ask the lady behind it who that guy from before was.

 

“Oh, you're talking about Lee Hyukjae.” She says, “He's a regular here. Why do you ask?”

 

I momentarily drop my mouth open and nearly freeze because I don't have a valid reason for asking. “No, it's just... I just wanted to... formally thank him for returning my wallet. You know, something in return.” I absently scratch my head while I half-lie.

 

She simply shrugs in what I interpret as understanding and hands me my change. I thank the woman behind the counter and take my leave. However, I can’t stop thinking about the mysterious man from before even as I walk out the shop’s door.

 

So, Lee Hyukjae is his name, huh…

 

I walk back home while eating my ice cream and I think of him and only him. It's like I can't get this Lee Hyukjae person out of my head, and I don't know why. I mean, if I don't know him, then why do I keep thinking about him?

 

I finally reach home and by this time my ice cream is gone. I pull out my keys and let myself into the apartment that I share with my cousin Sungmin. I call out for him but it seems he's not home.

 

Oh well, I shrug, and head over to my room.

 

Once there, I throw myself onto the bed, close my eyes, and picture the angel I accidentally met today. An angel…? I think briefly and then confirm that, yes, it’s reasonable to call him that, because the man’s looks are certainly something else. Like, he’s not even real.

 

This Lee Hyukjae has the most expressive eyes that I’ve ever seen. They aren’t even an unusual color and they still had me somewhat captivated, which is a true mystery. And don’t even get me started on that lean body frame and that unique smile of his!

 

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear Sungmin hyung come home, and I’m shocked to realize that it’s gotten so late. Where did the time go? I wonder briefly if I’d spent all my time reminiscing about the past few hours and thinking about a man I just met this afternoon.

 

I’m a little embarrassed.

 

A few minutes later there comes a knock at my door. “Donghae, are you awake?” I hear Sungmin ask from outside the door.

 

“Come on in, Hyung.” I call and he enters.

 

“Hey,” he greets, “what have you been up to today?”

 

I roll over to face him and answer, “Nothing, just went for a walk and bought some ice cream.” And saw the most perfect person I have ever seen in my entire life, I think to myself, because I dare not say that out loud. Sungmin hyung uses every chance he can get to tease me about someone I possibly like.

 

But then, with horrified shock at what just ran through my mind, I remind myself, Donghae, you're not gay. Calm down! Quickly, I change the subject, “How was your day, Hyung?” I ask.

 

“Well, I went to the movies and then had a few drinks with Yesung hyung, Ryeowook, Heechul hyung, and BoA. It was fun, you should have come! And I wanted to introduce you to them.” He exclaims with a smile, “Well anyways, we're going out again next week, and you're coming. No saying 'no'.” He slips on a playful smirk.

 

I chuckle, “I guess I have to go, then.” I say.

 

And maybe that will get my mind off of him, Lee Hyukjae.

 

Sungmin hyung whoops in joy and leaves my room, heading to bed after we wish each other a good night’s sleep.

 

 

It's been a week since my trip to The Ice Cream Shop and I've finally gotten that Lee Hyukjae guy out of my mind, for the most part.

 

“Donghae, are you ready?” Sungmin calls to me from the livingroom.

 

“Coming!” I reply, freshening up in the bathroom. “So where are we going, Hyung?”

 

“It's a party for Heechul hyung. It's his birthday today, so let's go go g-go go g-go goooo~!” He starts to laugh after his pitiful singing of a relatively popular C-pop song. I laugh with him and am glad no one was around us to hear that.

 

“Okay, I’m ready.” I announced shortly afterward, coming out of the bathroom and meeting up with Sungmin by the front door. We leave, lock up, and head out to Sungmin’s car. Fifteen minutes later, we park in front of a beautifully pink, two-story house—complete with picket fence and all.

 

“Wow,” I muse, impressed by something people only ever see in magazines and movies.

 

Sungmin hyung and I get out of the car. He goes to the trunk and pulls out a pink package for the birthday boy, Heechul, and says, “Come on, follow me.” We reach the pink house's front door and ring the doorbell, waiting for an answer. It isn't much time later that we can hear the door's lock turning and it's opening up from the inside.

 

“Well it's about time you arrived, Minnie hyung!” A slightly short and stubby guy says as he grabs Sungmin hyung's arm and pulls him inside, leaving me to follow awkwardly behind.

 

“Hey everyone, Sungmin hyung's here, and he brought a delicious-looking friend with him.” The little guy announces while I wonder why I’m ‘delicious-looking.” Sungmin hyung says hello to everyone and introduces me. “This is my cousin, Donghae, from Mokpo. He's been here for about 3 weeks now.”

 

“Hello. everyone.” I say shyly. Since I don't know anyone at the party, I go and make myself comfortable on the couch, away from the hubbub. As I look around silently watching, I surprisingly spot a familiar face.

 

Hey, I think, is that the lady from The Ice Cream Shop? It sure looks like her… A well-fed, slightly tall woman walks across the living room floor holding a red plastic cup, apparently having gotten herself a drink. She stops in the center of the room, facing the TV that silently played a movie while totally unrelated party music blasted from the speakers beside it.

 

Very curious, now, I get up to see if it's her, and as I get closer, I’m quite sure she’s the same lady.

 

“Hello,” I gently make my presence known, “do you remember me?” I ask with a shy smile on my face.

 

“Oh, yeah... You’re that Donghae fellow I met a week ago. Funny how small the world is!” She exclaims, laughing a little. Relaxed now that I know she recognizes me, we quickly start up a conversation, and shortly afterwards, the doorbell rings.

 

“We can start the party now that the king has arrived!” An entirely smooth voice announces as soon as he’s welcomed inside, and I’m shaking on the inside.

 

I know that voice. I’ve only heard it a couple times, but it’s so familiar it makes my guts knot up. He enters the main room and all I can do is stare as he smiles.

 

And mentally freak out.

 

OH, MY GOSH, he's here! What do I do? What do I say? Should I go over to him? Should I wait for him to come over here? What do I do--What? CALM the heck down, Donghae! What's the matter with you? You’re acting like a lovestruck puppy, and you’re NOT EVEN GAY!

 

I stand across from the ice cream lady while having a full-fledged fight with my inner-self and I oddly become afraid that I’m actually losing. I’m not gay and yet, I want to go over to him so badly…

 

As I build up the courage to go over to him, I realize that he's already on his way over here, and I can’t help but to think, Is he coming over to see me?! I try my hardest not to freak out and look strange, so I cheer myself on. Okay, brace yourself. He's almost here.

 

He's waving at me and I slap a smile on my face and wave back. My heart skips a beat as he draws closer, but then, to my utter embarrassment, I realize that he's actually waving at someone behind me.

 

I turn around and the ice cream lady is waving at him like crazy. The smile on her face is so large and genuine that I can read right through it. She likes him, and a lot. Hyukjae walks right by me, as if I’m not even here.

 

My heart aches a little. I don’t even understand why I’m feeling this way.

 

Does he not recognize me? Didn’t he think about me like I've been thinking about him? No. Of course not… Why would he Donghae? He doesn't even know you. Like you never knew him.

 

For some strange reason, I feel a little teary-eyed. I blink my eyes a few times to drive away the tears and mentally pump myself up again. Okay, Donghae, reintroduce yourself.

 

With a deep breath to soothe my nerves, I turn my attention to the two engaging in conversation behind me and extend my hand forward. “Hello again, I'm Lee Donghae.” I say.

 

“Ah... Donghae, I remember you. The wallet guy, right?” He stretches out his hand as well and returns my handshake. Meanwhile, my hand grows stiff during the shake because I’m fascinated by the incredibly soft feel of his hand.

 

It’s SO soft. I imagine that it must feel like a cloud. I could die in that cloud. If a cloud happened to feel like cotton candy, his hand would feel exactly like a delicious puff of cotton candy. And then I wonder how soft and delicious his lips are....

 

OH DAMN, HE REMEMBERED ME.

 

What the hell am I saying?

 

“I didn't tell you last time.” He continued since I stood staring like a broken walrus, “My name is Lee Hyukjae, it's nice to see you again.” He finished with a short wink that instantly had me panicking.

 

Did he just wink at me? What does that mean? Does he like me? Do I have a chance with him...? Why in the hell am I falling for a guy when I’m a guy myself?

 

This is the biggest question of all, and one I’m not sure I want answered.

 


Updated: 7/18/18
 
CookieBear16: Helloooooo everyone! It's a Good Day For a Good Day because it's EunHae Day and we've got anniversary stories to read~ Anyways, here's the first part of the story. Hope you enjoyed it! And stay tuned (because the story's legit finished and you won't have to wait long at all, for once lol) ^^
 
Have a Great Day \(^.^)/ 
 
EunHaeLove42: Hello everyone how's everyone doing. As my co-author said 'It A Good Day For A Good Day' cause as we all know it's our Eunhae's anniversary...Sooooo Happy Eunhae Day! :))
                            I was going to update my Eunhyuk Fics but the next oneshot was not a so happy one and I couldn't bring myself to post it. But I promise to do it very soon. And the same goes for Cheated. :)
                            So if you like this chapter, hopefully you all did. Please subscribe, comment and upvote. Thank you all for taking time and reading and please continue to enjoy your day and support D&E and SJ.^^
 
Hugs and Kisses! (^.^)