0003

My Neighbor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol stood in front of the school gate since few minutes ago while sometimes kicking the small pebbles near him. He wait for someone and finally the person he waited is appear, the girl ran with a smile on her smile while waving at him excitedly. Her hair that makes into a ponytail plus her cute bangs is become a characteristic of her make that little girl look more cute and pretty.

“Chanyeol, you wait for long time already?” she asked when reach on Chanyeol’s place already.

“Yes. why are you so long, Jinri?” Chanyeol look at the girl named Jinri that stood in front of him.

“hehe~ the teacher called me to her room because she said she want to give something to me” Jinri show a neatly wrap gift box to Chanyeol “tadaaa~” she said happily.

“you get a gift?” Chanyeol asked and Jinri nodding as an answer.

“I got a higher score on exam last week, my teacher promise us she will give a present for a student that get a higher score so that’s me Choi Jinri”

Chanyeol chuckles and mess Jinri’s hair, he proud of her “good job! Congrats, Jinri”

“hehe thank you”

“let’s go home now then, and tell Yoora about this also your parents. The driver is waiting since then” Chanyeol point to a car that park not that far from them.

“okay, let’s go!”

_______________________________________

“Noona? Are you sleeping?” Junhong’s head pop out on the door of Jinri’s room. He peek before he finally come in and walk to the bed where his sister at right now.

“hmm...” Jinri just murmured as an answer.

She is not in good mood to talk to her brother because again... she got reject by the company that she applied to. Jinri feels her life is so useless. When she knew she got reject again today, she go home immediately lock herself in her room and fall asleep there. She just wake up few minutes ago until finally Junhong come to her room.

“you got reject again?” asked Junhong who is sat on the bed already as he leaning his back on the wall of the room.

“stop asking something that obvious already”

“oh come on, noona. You still have a lot of chance though. Let’s go out then, do you want me to treat you some food today?” asked Junhong try to persuade his sister.

“what kind of food?” Jinri immediately turn her sleeping position towards Junhong and see her brother, she is interest already.

“subway? Chicken? Pizza? Anything?”

Junhong knows how to make his sister feel better, by treat her eating outside. Eat whatever she want, because Jinri is a big eater so she is very happy when Junhong ask her out to eat together and she never reject it even once.

“are you having a lot of money, huh?”

“you know I’m rich, so you want or not?”

“Deal!!” Jinri shout before Junhong change his mind. And Junhong chuckles look at his sister.

“can I join?” suddenly a voice appear from behind of the door of Jinri’s room, the siblings turn their head in the same time and they can see Yoora appear from behind the door with her typical smile “I’m the one who will treat” Yoora added while make an OK sign with her fingers.

“DEAL!” Junhong shout first because he feel happy his money is safe for today because of Yoora.

They come to chicken restaurant that choose by Yoora, it’s Yoora’s favorite place because the chicken is so delicious and she often come here with Jinri. Moreover the place is good for hangout together, it’s so cozy to gather with friends or even family. After order menu that they want they chit chat and laugh together until finally their order is coming and they enjoy it together. But in the middle of eating, Yoora say something that makes Jinri and Junhong’s jaws drop.

“Guys, Chanyeol’s engagement is off”

Silent for a seconds and then Jinri and Junhong look at each other before they finally chuckles amusedly.

“eeyyy it’s not funny~” Jinri and Junhong said in the same time.

“can’t you see there is no preparation on my house? The engagement is just tomorrow but my house is empty though” Yoora look at Junhong and Jinri.

Jinri and Junhong thinking that’s right. Usually if there is an event on the Park’s family, their parents will be busy come and out of that house helping these and those but they can see now there is no any preparation though.

“eonni, what’s going on? Are they pending the engagement?”

“told you the engagement is off, Chanyeol want it”

Junhong knock Jinri’s head because of her stupid question, it’s clear Yoora said the engagement is off but Jinri asked something stupid. Jinri smirk and glare at Junhong.

“what’s going on, noona?” asked Junhong.

Yoora shrugs “I don’t know though, I think Chanyeol’s ex girlfriend cheat on him. It’s been 3 days he didn’t get out of his room and he didn’t go for work as well. I keep asked him what’s happen actually but he only said to me that his girlfriend is not the right person for him to marry”

“how’s with uncle and aunty?” Jinri asked this time.

“Chanyeol told us when we had a dinner together that night when you and I cancel to go shopping, Jinri. Of course dad is so angry to Chanyeol because he already invite some relatives and his friends. But now, dad is calm already and understand. He understand Chanyeol get hurt, so he agree to grant Chanyeol’s wish that wanted the engagement is off”

“Gosh! That’s insane. If Chanyeol’s hyung ex girlfriend really betray him, she is the most stupid woman in the world then. I mean how could she did it to Chanyeol hyung who really love her?” Junhong sigh and shake his head unbelievable.

“I don’t know, this is really crazy. Chanyeol deserve better”

And today Jinri feel that she is not the only one who is in hard time because always got reject on the company she applied to, but her neighbor is the same well even worse than her. She had never feel the meaning of betrayal of love but Jinri know its must be very painful, that’s why she really so picky about dating and choose a partner.

*

Jinri stood on the balcony and the wind blow her face make she close her eyes. Usually she would hear Chanyeol’s voice and his guitar playing at this hour but yeah that’s right, Jinri didn’t hear it since the past few days, so that’s the reason. Chanyeol is broken heart.

Jinri sigh heavily while staring at Chanyeol’s dark room. Eventhough Chanyeol is only her neighbor, and don’t know anything about his problem but Jinri feel sorry for him, for his engagement that off, Jinri feel bad. Chanyeol must be sad. Get better soon, Park Chanyeol.

>>>

Jinri open the door to the balcony of her room and stood up there enjoying the sun but she still half sleep. She stretch her body by raising both hands while yawning widely. She doesn’t even notice if a pair of eyes watch her, look at her expressionless. Jinri realized it when she open her eyes and blinks when he seeing someone stood up on the balcony in front of her house right in front of her, Park Chanyeol watch her. Jinri automatically close that too wide, and she curse herself for being stupid.

“did Chanyeol see me? Stupid Jinri, you must be so ugly”

“morning” Chanyeol greet her and it makes Jinri stutter and confused. Chanyeol not really greet her often but today he greet her even without smile on his face. His face is flat.

“go... good morning” Jinri replied in stuttering. She still feel embarrassing of what happened just now.

But then Jinri confused, isn’t it Monday? But why is Chanyeol still home at this hour? Doesn’t he working? This is Monday right? 8 in the morning? Am I dreaming? Or today is a holiday?

“Junhong!” Chanyeol shout a bit, make Jinri wake up from her own mind. She seeing Junhong that just leave the fence and look up to Chanyeol that on the balcony of his room.

“oh hyung! What’s up?” Junhong grinning.

“let’s play basketball this evening?” said Chanyeol.

“sure hyung, I will be home at 2pm”

“okay then, see you later”

“yes, hyung. I’m going” Junhong waving and then continue walking but just few steps he walking, Chanyeol call him again.

“Hong!”

Junhong stop and turn around, he look up again to Chanyeol in confused.

“where is your motorbike?” asked Chanyeol who curious because Junhong walking by himself.

“ahh~ that blackie got into hospital hyung. There is a problem, so I left it there” explained Junhong with his own words makes Chanyeol chuckles.

“I see. Do you want me to take you to campus with my white hourse then?” Chanyeol offering help and mention his car as a white horse because Junhong mentioned his motorbike with blackie.

“huh? Seriously, hyung? You won’t be late? You know our path is different though”

“I take a days off though. You want or not?” Chanyeol asked once again.

Junhong grinning and nodding excitedly “who could reject that white horse though?”

Chanyeol smile “alright, wait- I’ll be there”

Since

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter