CHAPTER 12

Lost, Hope, and Duty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bomi wiped her hand on the apron and closed the tap water. “I’ll go,” she told Eunji.

 

“Unnie~~~~!!!”

 

“Wait a minute, Hayoung-ah!!!” Bomi walked faster.

 

“Unnie~~~!!!”

 

“Yes. Yes! I’m here….” Bomi said as she bent her body closer to Hayoung. “Why?”

 

“I’m cold…” Hayoung said in her half-asleep voice, eyes still closed.

 

Bomi just noticed that Hayoung only had her undershirt on. She totally forgot to give the little girl a new shirt after she puked earlier. She pulled the blanket that was on the floor and wrapped Hayoung under it. “I’ll go take your pyjama. Wait…”

 

Bomi went to their living room and searched for Hayoung’s summer pyjama at the corner where they piled all of their clothes that cannot be fitted in the closets.

 

“What are you looking for, Unnie?” Namjoo asked.

 

“Hayoungie’s pyjama….”

 

Namjoo got up from the couch and pulled a shirt. “This…” She handed to Bomi.

 

“Isn’t this too thin? It’s raining outside…” Bomi said.

 

“It won’t be too thin with the blanket on.”

 

“Ah~~~” Bomi was amazed by Namjoo’s common sense. “Thanks!”

 

“Unnie~~~!” Hayoung yelled again.

 

“Yeah??? Wait!!!” Bomi went to Hayoung.

 

“Unnie!!!”

 

“What is it, Hayoungie??” Bomi sighed while sitting down on the bed.

 

“Why you left me alone????”

 

“I was getting a new shirt for you… Come, let’s put it on…” Bomi stretched the shirt’s neckline and carefully pulled it over Hayoung’s head. “Your hand, Hayoungie…” She tried to pull Hayoung’s hand through the sleeve but Hayoung kept resisting. “Didn’t you say you were cold? Come on, hands in…”

 

Hayoung kept whining, making random nasal voices.

 

“Hayoung-ah….” Bomi was getting frustrated. She sighed heavily.

 

Eunji came to the rescue after giving Namjoo her meal. She heard Bomi’s babbling and left the dishes in the sink. “What’s wrong, Bomi?”

 

Bomi looked at Eunji with a frown look. “She’s not cooperating with me…”

 

Eunji stared at Hayoung for a while before getting herself next to Bomi. “Hayoung-ah, why are you whining? Put on your shirt. You’re a big girl!” She spanked Hayoung lightly.

 

“Don’t do that~~” Bomi gave Eunji a scary look for hurting their maknae.

 

Eunji ignored her twin. “Hayoung-ah, open your eyes and put on your shirt properly…”

 

Hayoung kept scratching her neck and hitting the bed, still whining inaudibly.

 

Bomi pushed Eunji aside softly, seeing that her twin sister was not being much of a help. “Let’s put on your shirt. It’s cold…” Bomi tried hard to pull Hayoung’s both hands through the sleeves. She made it after a few attempts.

 

“Hayoungie, stop whining.” Eunji sounded firm. “And stop scratching too!” She grabbed Hayoung’s hand. “Stop thrashing! Oh my goodness! Stop it while I’m being nice, Hayoungie.” Eunji was not pleased with Hayoung’s attitude.

 

“Eunji-yah, why are you scolding her? You’ll make the kid cry…” Bomi said.

 

Eunji sighed. “What should I do then?”

 

“Just let her be. She’ll stop when she’s tired.”

 

Hayoung scratched her neck again after Eunji let go of her hand.

 

“Yah! Don’t- Ah… Look at that…” Bomi pulled Hayoung’s hand this time. “Your neck is red! Stop scratching…”

 

“boeroitk eopnoew oioerjfpea” Hayoung mumbled while trying to pull her hand off of Bomi.

 

“Hayoung! Stop it I’m going to get mad if you keep acting like this!” Eunji said. “Open your eyes. Look at me…”

 

Hayoung finally opened her eyes and looked at Eunji. She looked like she was about to cry because of Eunji’s scolding.

 

Eunji stared back at Hayoung. “What is it? Are you uncomfortable?” She tried to sound nice.

 

“apopewweiwepoeoplwei” Hayoung mumbled.

 

“Speak properly. Tell me. What is it?” Eunji asked.

 

Hayoung did not answer. She looked at Bomi and mumbled like a kid.

 

Eunji felt frustrated. “Speak properly!”

 

“Eunji…” Bomi glared at her twin. “You’re scaring her…” Bomi shook her head to Eunji, telling her twin to stop raising her voice. “Tell me, Hayoung-ah. What do you want?” She asked nicely.

 

“The one the yellow bee unnie this evening…” Hayoung basically said whatever that crossed her mind at that time to avoid from getting scolded by Eunji.

 

Bomi and Eunji looked at each other.

 

“What did she say?” Bomi asked Eunji.

 

Eunji shrugged. “No idea…”

 

“Tell me again, Hayoungie…” Bomi demanded.

 

“The yellow one this evening! Bee!” Hayoung pouted.

 

“You’re being nonsense, Hayoung-ah. Are you still dreaming?” Bomi arched an eyebrow.

 

Eunji let out a loud sighed. “Sleep again, Hayoung…” Eunji Hayoung’s head, forcing the kid to sleep again.

 

“I want that!!” Hayoung raised her voice and scratched her neck again out of frustration.

 

“We can’t understand you, Hayoung-ah….” Bomi replied.

 

“What’s going on?”

 

Bomi and Eunji turned behind. It was their Unnie.

 

 

(FLASHBACK)

Chorong and Naeun just got back. Chorong woke Namjoo who was sleeping on the couch up and help her to get in the bed. When she was doing so, she heard her other sisters’ loud voices from the other room. She hurriedly walked out and went to see those kids.

 

 

“What’s going on?” Chorong asked again, walking closer towards her sisters.

 

“Hayoungie is being nonsense.” Bomi answered.

 

“I want that~~~” Hayoung kept whining.

 

“What does she want? Give it to her…” Chorong said to Bomi and Eunji. “Why are you guys teasing the kid this late at night?”

 

“We didn’t , Unnie. She’s being nonsense…” Eunji defended herself and Bomi.

 

Chorong went to Hayoung’s other side. She fixed Hayoung’s messy hair and looked at her maknae. “What do you want?”

 

“The yellow bee otaewoi oipawropdoew…”

 

Chorong was taken aback at the unexpected weird answer. She looked at Bomi and Eunji.

 

The twin shook their heads and shrugged.

 

“She’s been like that for a while. We can’t understand her…” Eunji replied.

 

Chorong looked again at Hayoung. “Tell me properly. What is it that you wanted?”

 

Hayoung whined, making nasal voices. “The yellow unnie this evening! Bee and snake….”

 

Chorong frowned, trying to put Hayoung’s pieces of words together. “Yellow…..? Bee and snake? Snack? Ah~!!” Chorong hit her own thigh lightly, understood Hayoung’s reply. “The honey butter chips??”

 

Hayoung nodded rapidly.

 

Bomi knitted her eyebrows together and dropped her jaw. “You could’ve just said so…” Bomi claimed.

 

Eunji smiled, amaze

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter