Chapter Two

When The Tub Water Is Low

“Where’s Jungkookie?” Jimin asks, tugging the sleeves of his sweater down subconsciously over his hands as he sits down at the kitchen table. Namjoon and Yoongi seemed to still be out, Jin using a wooden spoon to stir stuff at the stove. He tilts his head back to shoot me a quick smile before turning his attention back to the pot. 

 

“Oh he’s not very hungry tonight. I told him we’ll save some for him for later just in case.” I reply, sliding into a wooden chair next to Taehyung, who’s taping away viciously at his phone. Jin hums in response, the room filled with silence now. 

 

“Namjoon hyung says that they’ll be back in a few minutes.” Tae mumbles, hand opening to let his phone tumble onto the tables top. “And that he’ll take extra meatballs on his plate. “ 

 

“Of course he will.” Jin says, still facing away from us but by the way his back moves I can tell he’s laughing. “Swear he eats like a bear.” 

 

“He doesn’t eat THAT much.” I scoff, smiling as Jimin raises his eyebrows, shaking his head. 

 

“Yes he does. You should see him on his midnight trips to the kitchen.” Jimin says to me quietly, but Jin hears him. 

 

“IS THAT WHY ALL OUR SNACKS KEEP GOING MISSING?” Jin roars out, ladle in hand and we can’t help but burst out laughing. 

 

“No hyung.” Taehyung says, square plastered to his face as he retrieves his phone once again. 

 

 

 

After dinner we all decided to do our own thing, Jimin and Tae cuddle up on the floor in front of the couch to play video games, Namjoon and Jin head off to one of the rooms and Yoongi sits in a chair off to the side tapping at his laptops keyboard. I smile at the sight, shifting before heading down the hallways to a solid door, hand reaching up to knock quietly before slipping in. 

 

To my surprise, he’s sitting up in bed now, lip caught between his bottom teeth. I watch for a second as his phone screen flashes, lighting up his face. He must not have noticed me yet, because he doesn’t react. 

 

“What’re you doing Kook?” I ask quietly as if to not startle him. It takes him a moment to register what I said, eyes slowly lifting to reach mine before he lets out a small smile. 

 

“I found some show on Netflix, it’s really cool!” He chimes, and for a second the bags under his eyes seem to be gone. They’re not though, and as he waves me over with a small yawn I see just how dark they are. 

 

I climb into bed next to him, him immediately shifting to rest his head on my shoulder, my chin leaning into the top of his head lightly. He taps the screen once again and it lights up. On the screen there’s a two story house, and a women. It’s light out, and she stands, cautiously walking around to look at the house as if she’s never seen it before. Slowly she leans in to look at a mirror next to her, eyes narrowing as she studies her face. I blink, screen a little to bright, and allow myself to glance down at the boy below me. The curve of his face is soft at this angle, little button nose and plump lips, eyes lashes long and fluttering as he yawns again. I can feel his hair against my cheek, a little coarse from constantly being dyed, and I let myself reach my hand up to take his face into it, his cheek slow. He sighs, leaning into the touch and sets his phone down on the best, face up, ark sneaking around my lower waist before pulling me over to face him. I run my thumb over his bangs, brushing them up into a pile on top af his head, and watch as he leans impossibly closer. 

 

It’s warm, only light in the room directed at the ceiling from his phone screen but I can see the way his mouth falls open, little breath rolling off his tongue as he sniffles. Its silent for a while, before I decide to speak up, a thought eating away at me. 

 

“You’re getting so small..” I whisper, hand trailing down to tilt his chin up with my fingers. He shifts, leaning against my bicep, but doesn’t say anything. His eyes flutter across my face, lip tugged in between his bottom lip like he’s thinking, but eventually he lets it go. 

 

The room is completely dark now, his phone screen had turned off a long time ago but I can make out his face in the darkness. Can make out the way he puffs his cheeks out, shivering as he pulls my body closer. 

 

“We have to get up early tomorrow.” He sighs, breaking the silence and I nod, not knowing what else to say. 

 

“We saved you some spaghetti. It’s in the fridge.” I whisper, hands raking through his hair again, massaging behind his ear gently. 

 

“I’m okay.”

 

“Have you-“ I say but stop, not wanting this to come out wrong. I know how hard he tries to not let people’s opinions get to him. But lately, with how many negative articles have been coming out, bashing on him, bashing all of us, it’s hard not to take the words seriously. 

 

“What?” He whispers, glancing up at me and I shake my head quickly. 

 

“Nothing. You should get some rest,” as I lean up to get out of bed I feel two small hands tug at my shirt, an almost inaudible whimper come from the small boy. I crawl back in immediately, him throwing his left leg around my waist, hooking it on my hip before rolling on top of me. My stomach flutters, confusion creeping in but I make no attempt to move. He lays down flat, pulling the blanket up over us before pressing his face into the crook of my neck. My body relaxes, arms looping around his hips, him shivering at the touch. 

 

“Im so tired.” He whispers, skin tingling as his soft lips brush the skin on my neck lightly, unintentional. I gulp, ignoring the fact that he’s pressed completely against me, hands grasping at shoulders. 

 

“Go to sleep,” I whisper, but he shakes his head, stomach grumbling, answering my question from earlier. “Let’s go heat up the spaghetti for you.” 

 

He whimpers, jostling slightly but weighing me down, head shaking once again. 

 

“Kook ah?”

 

Then there it is. Sharp pain grated across my neck, scraping the skin and leaving a slick, wet line across it. I gasp, hands going up to curl into his hair, tugging slightly, to do what? I’m not sure, but he continues to bite down and at the skin slowly, rolling it in between his teeth.

 

“Baby.” I whisper, hands shaking slightly but grab his shoulders firmly, pushing him back to sit up so I can look at him. Our eyes lock and he giggles, falling forward, forehead flattening against mine. 

 

“Yeah?” 

 

“Please eat, just a little for me.” 

 

“I-“ he sighs, shaking his head. “I don’t like spaghetti..” 

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” 

 

He shrugs and I frown, stomach twisting. I could have sworn he liked spaghetti, he’s never particularly picky about anything we eat, especially if Jin’s the one making it. Something nudges my cheek, taking me out of my thoughts.  He presses his nose lightly to the skin, leaning into to rest his head back against my chest and sighing, eyes closing after a minute. Humming I rub trails into his back, shirt fabric rolling under my hand, a barrier between me and his warmth. He looks particularly small, his muscular back relaxed and flat, arms having lost a little of their shape. Biting my lip, I close my eyes, mustering up all my strength to push us both up, him grunting at the action. 

 

“Why?” He groans quietly, almost have fallen asleep and wiped at his eyes. 

 

“Cmon, get dressed.” He rolls off me slowly, body seemingly heavy and it takes him a second to gain his balance in the dark once he’s standing. I push myself up, walking over to my own drawer and pulling a green hoodie out, tugging in over my head swiftly. 

 

“Where are we going?” He asks, phone once again in hand. I step behind him to grab my shoes, glancing at his screen quickly before tugging on the pair of leather boots at the foot of the bed. It’s 12 pm, and the others should have headed to sleep a little earlier due to the broadcast they have to film tomorrow. 

 

“You’ll see.” I say, shooting him a smile as he slides his own shoes on. He shakes his head, bangs swaying. 

 

Before I even have the chance to reach the door, I feel his hands tug at my own, turning to face him before colliding carefully with the rooms door. My stomach   drops, his smaller figure flattening me. He’s shorter then me, but not by much, so he doesn’t have to work that hard to reach me. He presses his lips against mine suddenly, eagerly, hands twisting in my hoodie. He sighs contently, tongues sliding across each other’s before he steps back, smile evident on his face. He leans past me, opening the door before slipping past, footsteps already disappearing down the hall. 

 

 

———————————

 

Next chapter will be longer.  I just wanted to post this, sorry for any typos! I was just in Oregon for a week which is why it took so long to update this. 

 

 

But please comment what you thought so far? And where do you think they’re going?