That Warm Sweet Sensation

A Coffee Canvas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Momo, I’m glad to say that you’re performance was a lot better the second half of the shift.”
 

It was her manager but at least he wasn’t dissing her this time.

 

“Thank you,” she muttered without looking up.

 

“You think you can handle the rest of them until it’s over?”

 

Momo looked up; it wasn’t too busy, nothing she can’t handle. She needed the extra brownie points from her manager anyway.

 

“Sure, no problem.”

 

“Good on you, Momo.”

 

And with that, he disappeared to the back, leaving Momo in care of the cafe.

 

Momo let out a sigh of relief once the ill-tempered man was out of the way. In all honesty, she was very very done with her job. She wished she could have a getaway, or ideally, a new job. However, she never really got to it and she didn’t know where she would go anyway.

 

Just then, she heard the soft tingle of the bell. She glanced up, it was the americano book girl and she continued to pour the milk into the brew.

 

‘Oh wait,’ she thought.

 

Upon realising that it wasn’t just ‘the americano book girl’ and instead, it was the cute ballet dancer with the gorgeous gummy smile that made her heart pound, her soulmate, her head shot back up to meet her eyes.

 

She unconsciously gave her a smile, and Mina returned it. She was clad in just a shirt and jeans and the weather out there didn’t seem to be very warm.

 

“Still up for the mocha?”

 

“Yes please,”

 

She sat herself down in the same spot as last time. She carefully placed her bag to the right of her, closer to the window, but instead this time, she didn’t take out a book and instead propped her elbows on the table and gazed at Momo, giving her a quick wink which left Momo a lot more flustered than she liked to admit.

It wasn’t long before Momo got back to her coffee-making self, skillfully taking the last remaining orders and whipping them up quickly, but accurately. There was just something about the way that Momo worked that Mina found very attractive. Maybe it was how she moved around like it was second nature or how simply productive she was being. Perhaps it was just looking at her as if nothing else mattered. It was nice to see someone special like that in there day to day life.

 

“And one steaming hot mocha for one steaming hot lady.”

 

With a soft clink, the coffee was placed in front of her. Mina looked around the cafe again, realising it was empty. She was definitely getting a sense of deja vu.

 

“Sorry about taking so long, I wanted to get everyone else to leave and finish up my job around the cafe so we could spend some time together.”

 

“No, no that’s alright. It was,, nice to see you work. You’re very nimble and it’s quite cute.”

 

“Is that a compliment from THE Myoui Mina,” she asked jokingly, grabbing out a chair to sit down opposite of her.

 

“Don’t worry, my manager is gone so that grumpy old sock can’t roast me.”

 

Mina took a sip of the coffee, closing her eyes as she felt the familiar warm feeling and taste, albeit slightly sweeter.

 

“How do you have coffee so late in the day, how do you even sleep? “

 

“Would it surprise you if I said I don’t sleep?”

 

“Honestly, not really.” Momo thought for a bit. “But there’s no way someone as pretty and productive as you could not sleep.”

 

Mina gave a small laugh.

 

“Well you’re right in a sense. I don’t sleep much sometimes, I’m doing an honours degree on music. Lately I’ve been working on a flute, piano and clarinet piece but composition isn’t at all my strongest point so I’ve been working on it for many days and nights.”

 

She paused to take a sip of coffee.

 

“Though to be frank, I blame myself I procrastinate too much.”

 

“Honours degree huh. That’s not something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter