A Cup of Thoughts With a Swirl of Feelings

A Coffee Canvas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mina hesitantly looked at herself in the mirror. She was nervous, there was no doubt about it, and it wasn’t because she had another lesson in which she had to dance her choreographed dance AGAIN in front of the whole class and her teacher. At least she could practise for that, which she did, she knew the routine like the back of her (burnt but healing) hands, but you can’t ‘train’ to meet your soulmate.

 

In the end, she realised that there wasn’t too much of a point. She was gonna go to the cafe only after the session and Momo already knew she was a dancer. Heck, she could rock up in her leotard and pointe shoes and she probably wouldn’t care. Not that she would do that. She stuffed a pair of skinny jeans and a white T-shirt, trying to keep it as simple as she could.

 

She rushed out of her apartment and ran off to her studio, beaming as she looked forward to what would come after her dance session

 

____________________

 

Momo’s shift wasn’t going well. More than twice she had already messed up people’s orders which earned her a rough scolding from her impatient and not forgiving manager. She had accidentally touched the recently boiled kettle, giving her a superficial burn that would definitely hurt Mina. She made sure she would apologize for that later.

 

Momo eyes darted back and forth, making sure she wouldn’t miss her. She wasn’t going to come today, feeling rather tired and groggy as she had only ended up getting a total two hours of sleep. The reason for that was none other than the fact she had been replaying each moment inside her head that happened yesterday.

 

‘Isn’t it a thing that when you get less than four hours of sleep, you’re basically drunk with a 0.05 blood alcohol content,’  Momo thought. However, with a previous night’s rest of 2 and the one before of 4, her state would naturally be much worse.

 

“Ah, Momo. It’s good to see you again.”

 

Momo turned her head around at the familiar voice. How could she have forgotten that it was a Thursday? She greeted the lady with the stroller with a smile on her face.

 

“Hello there! So sorry I hadn’t noticed you sooner, I’m running off a solid total of 6 hours of sleep the past two days,” she laughed.

 

“Just like our Momo. “ The lady smiled and chuckled. “Though you should get some rest and sleep, wouldn’t want to accidentally burn both yourself and your soulmate would you?”

 

Momo got to work immediately. She knew that if the lady hasn't mentioned anything, it meant that she was going with her regular flat white.

“Funny you mention that I did just a bit back but it’s okay I'll give her this special cream and I have especially for burns after my shift.”

 

“My Momo, you’ve already met them? Well, why didn’t you tell me so! Wouldn’t it be rather late after work though?”

 

Momo’s thoughts had been so out of the place (again, 2 hours of sleep) that she had accidentally blurted it out.

 

“Um, yeah actually really recently,” she said to the lady. “She’s coming by later, after her dance rehearsal or something.

 

“She’s seeing you at work? Wouldn’t you want to impress her a bit more instead of working in the dirty apron?” she asked, with good intentions.

 

“Well, we met here in the cafe yesterday. I was in my uniform and she still had her ballet shoes on so I think we’re even.”

 

“Yesterday? You’re right that is quite recent and she’s coming during your shift?”

 

Momo nodded as she was finishing up her order. She handed the lady her coffee with a smile on her face.

 

“I guess she’s already quite smitten for you then, isn’t she.”

 

The lady gave a grin and then left after paying and bidding her a ‘good luck’ and a ‘thanks’.


 

__________________

 

“Mina, are you alright?”

 

The whole class turned to see the young girl clutching her hand. She had just finished her routine and was ready to sit back and watch the others perform theirs when she felt an excruciating pain on her right hand.

 

The whole class was silent as she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter