Three O'Clock in the Morning - Jensoo

Read, Write, Breathe, Repeat.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jennie wanted to kiss Jisoo so much she could physically feel the longing ache of her heart radiating from within her chest. Every inch of her body was begging to allow herself to drift closer and closer to the older girl’s intoxicating presence like a moth drawn to flame.

Jennie was dying to envelop herself in the scent of Jisoo’s rich perfume. She longed to feel the weight of Jisoo’s brown eyes settle on he framer, drowning her in dual pools of melted dark chocolate. But most of all, Jennie pined for the sensation of Jisoo’s tender lips. 

One sweet, gentle kiss from Jisoo was all Jennie wanted, all that she had ever needed from the older girl. But she refused to ever cross that line for fear of rejection. For a moment, Jennie questioned the reason why she felt this sharp sensation of desire coursing through her. 

While she’d always harbored feelings for Jisoo, she’d never before felt the magnetic pull of attraction as strongly as she did now. Perhaps it had something to do with Jisoo’s disheveled hair - wild and unkempt from a day filled with stressful studying and finals preparations. 

 The older girl’s black bangs were swept up just below her neatly trimmed eyebrows. Jennie’s never been a fan of bangs, but she couldn’t deny that the older girl absolutely rocked the hairstyle. Tonight, her hair was a spray of unkempt black, the sight filling up Jennie’s heart. 

Whenever Jisoo felt frustrated while they were studying, the older girl ran an alabaster hand through the ebony strands, flicking them out of her eyes. The sound of a faint huff, tinted with anger, would reach Jennie’s ears from the couch where Jisoo was doing her studying. 

She’d watch Jisoo’s eyes adorably narrow at the textbook laying on the couch in front of her with a smile. Each time Jennie witness one of Jisoo's tantrums, she felt the urge to make her way over to the couch, tilt Jisoo’s head up with a finger, and kiss her square on the mouth. 

To snap herself out of her trance, Jennie would clear and twirl her pen in between her fingers. She had to force herself to dive back into the abundance of study guides she had yet to pore over and ignore the older girl’s cuteness if she wanted to pass her tests. 

Perhaps the reason Jennie felt so irresistibly attracted to Jisoo tonight was the way the older girl looked in this moment. Jisoo was sprawled out on the living room sofa in her plaid red flannel pajamas Jennie had bought her for Christmas, red and soft and plaid. 

When the two of them had first begun study that night, the older girl had been propping herself up on both elbows. Jennie looked over a moment later and realized that the older girl had accidentally left a couple buttons undone, exposing her collarbones and the curve of her neck. 

At this discovery, Jennie promptly turned a shade of dark red and hadn’t found the courage to tell Jisoo about it for fear of raising unanswerable questions. The younger girl kept her eyes glued to her textbook until Jisoo had thankfully switched positions a few minutes later. 

Why now? Jennie thought to herself, trying in vain to calm her frayed nerves. During finals week? Really? That’s when her will decided to waver on her, causing her to react this way to Jisoo? “Takeout should be here any moment,” Jennie said, glancing at her phone for the time. 

Jennie was currently pouring over her Organic Chemistry notes while seated comfortably on the carpeted floor, using their coffee table as a desk. Jisoo hummed but said nothing else, scribbling notes while Jennie snuck glances at her from out of the corner of her eyes.

She was still thinking about kissing Jisoo for maybe the millionth time when the doorbell rang, interrupting her thoughts. As if jerking awake, Jisoo looked up and instantly caught Jennie’s stare. She smiled, heart shaped lips parting to reveal a solid set of pearly teeth.

Yet another blush sears itself against Jennie’s face, a wildfire across her skin, when she recognizes the older girl’s knowing smile. She had looked up from gazing at Jisoo’s mouth a fraction of a second too late and it was impossible for Jisoo not to have seen her do so. 

“I got it,” Jisoo said, swinging herself up off of the sofa. She pads towards the door, house slippers shuffling across the hardwood floor. Jennie watches her go, embarrassed, in love, and feeling herself losing more and more motivation to study with each passing second. 

She heard the front door open and watched Jisoo passed the delivery man their pooled money in exchange for a giant paper bag fill

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter