Final.

Don't forget

It was so windy. The weather was cloudy and so cold. The sound of the wind blows can be heard. Then there was a certain girl who were just walking around to kill time.

She stopped at one bench to take a rest after she felt tired of walking. She sat there alone, leaned her back against the backrest and closed her eyes.

"Joohyun?"

As soon as she heard a familiar voice calling out her name, she opened her eyes to check if she really not hearing it wrong.

"Hi."

Joohyun froze seeing the face of someone she have been missing for so long. 

"Seungwan ah." That came out as whisper from Joohyun's mouth. 

"Hi again. It's been a year, right? It's so nice to see you again. Can I sit here?" Seungwan asked as she pointed at the empty space beside Joohyun.

"Hi. Yes. It's nice to see you again as well. And please, have a seat." Joohyun replied with a small smile.

Seungwan smiled widely as soon as Joohyun replied her. She quickly took a seat next to Joohyun.

"What are you doing here alone?" Seungwan asked.

"Just chilling. Since I have a lot of free time. What about you?"

"Me? Same as you. I just finished doing my laundry then I was bored at home, so I decided to come here and take a walk." 

"Ah. Alright."

There was a few seconds of silence before Seungwan stole a glance at Joohyun and mumbled "still pretty as ever."

"I'm sorry, what was it?"

Seungwan startled when Joohyun asked but she just laugh it off and said it was nothing. Seungwan sighed softly, feeling glad that Joohyun couldn't hear her clearly.

"Hey Joohyun."

"Mm?"

"How are you?"

Hearing the question, Joohyun turned to look at Seungwan who was already staring at her.

"I'm good, I'm doing well. I hope you're doing fine too." Joohyun said.

Seungwan gave a weak smile and nodded her head twice.

"Yeah, same goes to me." Seungwan said. 

"I think I have to go now." Joohyun said as she stood up.

Seungwan also stood up and smiled at Joohyun. Joohyun stared at Seungwan's sincere smile and melted.

"It's so short but it was nice to talk to you again. Please take care on your way home." Seungwan said.

"Yes. Thank you, you too." Joohyun replied.

Before Joohyun could leave, Seungwan held her arm gently. Joohyun raised her eyebrows but Seungwan always stepped forward and slowly wrapped her arms around Joohyun.

"I missed you. Be safe and I hope i'll get to see you again." Seungwan whispered.

Joohyun remained frozen for few seconds before she finally decided to just hug Seungwan back.

"I missed you too." 

Seungwan smiled and slowly pulled away from the hug. 

"I'll go now. Bye, Seungwan ah."

"Ok. Bye, Hyunnie."

Joohyun's heart skipped a beat when she heard the nickname Seungwan always used for her when they were still together.

Joohyun smiled one more time before she turned around to leave. 

Seungwan just stood still, watching Joohyun walking away from her.

"I just had to watch you walk away again and also let you go for the second time." Seungwan muttered.

Seungwan sat down on the bench again and stared blankly at the ground.

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

After few months . . . 

 

Seungwan was rushing as she was already late for work. She did not expect to burn her toast and worst, burn her blouse when she was ironing.

"Today is really a bad, bad day. Urgh." Seungwan ignored all the stares, ran with heels in her hand and some files in another hand.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry. I'm late, I know." Seungwan quickly apologized to her boss' secretary.

"That's ok unnie. The boss isn't mad at all. She even thought that maybe you have to finish a war at home first." The secretary laughed at her.

"Ha ha. Very funny." Seungwan hissed. 

"Is the new applicant here already?" Seungwan asked.

"Yep! The boss decided to interview the new applicant instead of you. I think the boss will hire her immediately because boss seems to really like the girl."

"What?! Oh my god. You see, Jisoo. This is why, ok? This is why Park Sooyoung can't so the interview. She just can't see someone pretty then she will just hire." Seungwan sighed as she tried to put her heels on.

"Well. Isn't that why you were hired in the first place?" Jisoo, the secretary said while smiled teasingly at Seungwan.

"Like you aren't. Pfft." Seungwan scoffed.

"Exactly. So don't complain and let boss hire whoever she want." Jisoo chuckled.

Seungwan wanted to say something again but stopped when a sudden loud clap gained her attention.

"Ladies, chop chop. Put down all your pens and files. I have an announcement to make and- oh. Look who is finally here. Ms. Wendy! Where have you been? Oh nevermind. The monkey will tell me later about the war you had for today. So umm.. attention everyone."

Jisoo covered with her palm, trying to hold her laugh while Seungwan a.k.a Wendy, rolled her eyes at her boss' remark. But then, Wendy was surprised to see someone she already know so well.

"I want to introduce our new employee. She will be trained for 6 months before i hire her officially so please look after her and guide her well. Also, Ms. Wendy, come to my office after this. I think this is all. You guys can go continue your work and I will let my secretary update you guys when is the welcoming party for Ms. Kang Seulgi here." Park Sooyoung, the boss ended her statement and asked both Seulgi and Seungwan to come with her to her office. 

"Seungwan?"

"Seulgi?"

They wanted to talk and asked many questions since they are old friends but decided to just continue later since the boss is already waiting.

"Wendy. I want you to be in charge of training Seulgi here and I want you to teach her everything."

"Yes boss."

"One more thing. Please rearrange a new desk near yours, I want Seulgi to sit next to you so easier for me to observe and see how she do her works."

"Yes boss."

"What else... I think that's it for now. Seulgi, remember? No dating someone from same office especially not this lady here." Sooyoung said as she pointed at Seungwan.

"I know I am pretty and you had a crush on me before, you don't have to be so jealous boss." Seungwan said.

"Excuse you. I am your boss. And when did i ever say you are pretty? Seulgi here is prettier. Now off you go, tour Seulgi around. I'm busy."

Seungwan shook her head and gestured Seulgi to follow her out, leaving Sooyoung who already focusing on her laptop.

"Well. That's your new boss. She may be younger than us but beware, she can be a dragon when she's mad." Seungwan told Seulgi.

"Hahaha that's fine. She's funny to me."

"Pfft. Yeah? Funny, uh huh."

Seulgi laughed and followed Seungwan as they will tour around the building. It was almost 1pm when they finally done touring. Seungwan brought Seulgi to the cafe acrossed the company since it was lunch time.

"Where were you?" Seulgi asked after they finished eating and all.

"Mm? I was here?"

"No. I mean, I couldn't find you at your old place and I couldn't contact you at all."

"Oh. I moved out to live in a new environment and I also umm.. changed my phone number. At that time, I just got accepted in the company do I was too busy settle down everthing that I forgot to inform you. I'm sorry. I will give you my number later."

"You should've told me before. I almost went crazy searching for you."

"Why?"

Seulgi sighed and shook her head.

"I'll tell you later after work."

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

"Why are we here???"

Seungwan parked her car as she asked Seulgi that but Seulgi ignored her and just got out of the car.

"Wait!"

Seungwan turned off the engine and quickly followed Seulgi. 

Seungwan walked faster to catch up with Seulgi who were already ahead of her.

"Oh my god. I'm sweating already." Seungwan bend down with hands on her knees as she panted.

"Why are we here Seul?" Seungwan asked again looking at Seulgi's back.

"Seul?"

"She wanted to see you one last time you know. She wanted to tell you something. She wanted to hold and hug you for one more time. I didn't sleep, I didn't eat. I looked for you everywhere for 2 days." Seulgi finally talked.

"What? What were you talking about? Who?" Seungwan asked in confusion.

Slowly, Seulgi turned around and faced Seungwan. She took out a piece of paper from her bag and gave it to Seungwan. 

"This is from her. Look around carefully, after you read this. I'll wait at the car park." Seulgi informed her and left before Seungwan could say anything.

Feeling tired and curious, Seungwan immediately opened the letter. 

 

 

Dear Seungwan,

Hi. Wannie, Seungwan ah. By the time you read this, I am no longer in this world. I left for good. I'm finally gone. 

There was something I wanted to tell you before I go, but unfortunately... I couldn't find you anywhere.

But first of all, I am sorry. I am sorry Wan ah. I should've told you but I just didn't have the courage to do so. I don't want you to worry much about me. Because, the reason for me to break up with you was because I'm sick and was dying.

I'm sorry that I failed to tell you this sooner. I hope you will forgive me for hiding the truth. 

Here, I want to confess one last time. Seungwan ah, I never stop loving you at all. My heart remains the same for you. I didn't just break your heart when I break up with you but I also break my own heart. 

Day by day, I live my life thinking if I had made a right decision by choosing to break up and leaving you. Thinking if you live happily and healthy. Not once that I ever think of myself but only you. 

I care for you alot, Seungwan ah. I want you to live well without me. Thank you for all your love and good memories. I cherished each and every moments of me with you. But I'm sorry we just had to end. If only I have a chance to be born again, I would want to fall in love with you again and I want to be able to live longer to be with you and if that happens, I hope you wouldn't let me go even when I ask you to.

Be well and take care always, like what you always said to me. I want you to do the same. 

Here's my last goodbye and farewell to you. I hope you won't forget about me.

I love you, Son Seungwan.

 

-Bae Joohyun. 

 

 

 

Tears rolled down on Seungwan's cheeks as she read the letter. Her hands dropped to her side and her eyes looked around. 

As soon as she spotted a tombstone with Joohyun's name, her heart stopped beating for a second.

Seungwan walked slowly towards her grave and fell on her knees. With her shaky hand, she reached out to the tombstone to caress Joohyun's name on it.

"I'm sorry." Seungwan whispered sadly.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you, I'm sorry. I am so sorry, my love. Hyunnie ah, I'm sorry." Seungwan finally break down as she hugged Joohyun's tombstone.

"I love you. I still love you. I never stop loving you too. I'm sorry, Hyunnie ah. I shouldn't let you go." Seungwan cried.

 

 

While on the other hand,

Seulgi closed her eyes as her tears fell out of her eyes. Her heart ached hearing Seungwan's cries over Joohyun, both are her bestfriends and she feel sad for them.

Seulgi gave Seungwan some time to cry her heart out and will decide to comfort her later after giving enough time for Seungwan. 

"Joohyun unnie. I keep my promise and found Seungwan for you. I hope you will rest in peace now. I will keep my other promise as well, I will look after her and make sure she get her happiness again. Take care in heaven, unnie." Seulgi smiled with tears in her eyes.

 

 

 

...

 

 

If you can't remember everything, just leave it as unforgettable fragment.

The whisper of promises, the nights we stayed up, i hope you remember them all. 

Don't forget, don't forget, please don't forget me.

Don't forget us, don't forget me, everything about me.

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

And that's a wrap.

Hi guys, it's been umm.. how long? I also forgot. I just finally feeling like want to write again and well yea, I come back with an angst. Hahaha. Sorry. Blame the sad song lmao xp

I didn't do a double check on this story. So I apologize for any mistakes and spelling errors. But I do hope you guys like the story eventho it's not a happy ending.

Take care everyone!

 

Lots of love,

Liz, your sleepyhead author ^^

-iamrandom21