~Chapter~

I've Lost Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is an original prompt of mine so if there is a story like this one, it is a complete coincidence. I had this story for a long time now and just changed the main characters and the song. Also, please support and read my other story "Stay With Me". Thank you and happy reading. Any comments will also be appreciated for both story. Thank you once again. :-) :-) :-)

SOONYOUNG’S POV

I smiled as I made my way to the park nearby.

It’s quite cold out here so I wore my jacket.

As I walk around, someone caught my attention. It was this boy who is bringing a notebook and a pencil and listening to music with his iPod and earphones. I can see that he was shivering and was holding both of his arms around him and was looking at the sky.

I went beside him and placed my jacket around his shoulders starling him and faced me removing his earphones.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

“Placing my jacket on you.”

“Its fine. I don’t feel the cold” he said.

“Really? They why are you shivering in here?”

He heaved a sighed with a look of loss.

“Okay I admit it. Its cold. But how about you?”

“I’m fine. You need it more” I told him and smiled.

Nice. I’m the one who is feeling cold now. I think I should get the jacket back from him and leave but that would be rude.

“Thank you” he told me.

“No problem. I’m Soonyoung by the way. Kwon Soonyoung” I introduced myself and held out a hand.

“I’m Jihoon. Lee Jihoon” he said and smiled.

He’s cute… Uhmm what? I mean he has a cute voice.

“So wanna walk around?” I asked him.

“Sure” he said, and we stood up and started walking around.

We walked around and just talked about ourselves.

“Jihoon, what are you doing here by the way?”

“I was just relaxing my mind and feeling the cold air. How about you?” he asked me back.

“Mmmm. I was just walking around and like you feeling the cold and fresh air.”

“Ah. I see.”

“Let’s sit there first” I told him as we made our way to one of the benches in the area.

“I’m quite tired. You know that you are the first to talk to me here in the village. Are you new here?”

“I guess so, we just moved here last month. You?”

“I’ve been raised here ever since I was born” he explained.

“Ahh okay.”

“So, are we friends already?” he asked with a shy face.

“Yep. Not just friends but BEST FRIENDS. Is it okay?” I asked.

“Really? Of course. You’re my first friend since forever” he said and smiled at me.

Here goes his smile again. He is really adorable with that.

“Hey Soonyoung! Are you listening? Is there dirt in my face?” he asked and waved his hands in front of me. I didn’t notice that I was staring at him for a long time already.

“Uh. Yeah, yeah. I mean no, there is nothing on your face. What did you say?”

“I said I should be going now. My father must be waiting for me.”

“Ah. Okay. Mind if I walk with you?”

“Would it bother you? It might take a long time.”

“No. Would I be asking if it would bother me?”

“Oh yeah… I’m so dumb. Okay you can.”

Because of his answer, I felt happy and I don’t know why.

We are talking about random stuffs when we arrived at his house.

“This is where you live?” I asked in surprise.

“Yes? Is there a problem? If it’s the size, sorry its small” he said and bowed his head.

“No, it’s not that. I mean my house is just next to yours” I said while pointing at our house.

“Really? So, you’re the new guy who moved here. I should have connected the dots a while ago when you joked that this is the way to your place” he said and smiled awkwardly.

“Nice. I can visit you anytime. See you later Jihoonie!!” I said and waved at him as he made his way to his house as I went to mine next door.

“Bye” he said and was about to open the door. “Wait!” he shouted. I looked at him as he went out again from their gate and went towards me. “Your jacket” he said and gave it to me. “Bye!” he said once again as he ran to his house once again and went inside.

He’s really cute and beautiful at the same time. And I’m not lying. I wonder why people don’t talk to him. He’s nice.

I went inside my own house and sat on the couch while hugging the jacket, thinking of what happened earlier.

‘Lee Jihoon, do I like you already? I guess I don’t because we just met right?’ I thought with a sigh escaping from my lips.

 

JIHOON’S POV

“Where did you go?” a firm voice said behind me.

I slowly turned to face my father.

“I was just walking at the park, Father”

“Who was that guy?” he asked.

Sweat started to form on my head as I think on what I should say.

“A f-friend?” I said in nervousness.

“Since when did you have a friend?” he asked me with a questioning look.

“Since today” I said as I went hurriedly to my room. That was a close call.

Me and my father are not in a close term. I hate him because he is the reason why my mother died. Because of him and his mistress, my mother committed suicide, leaving me alone. That is the reason why I would not and couldn’t forgive him.

I lied on my bed and closed my eyes. I’m surprised on the image that came to my head. It was the face of Soonyoung.

Do I like him? No, it can’t be because if I like him, I would lose my one and only friend and I don’t want that.

I just got my notebook from my bedside table and wrote on it about the events that happened to me today.

 

~AFTER 2 MONTHS~

 

SOONYOUNG’S POV

“SOONYOUNG!” I looked at the one who called me because I knew who it was.

And right on cue, I found Jihoonie standing outside the gate.

“You can always come in by yourself Jihoonie” I opened the gate and let him in.

“So, what are we gonna do today? I don’t like playing hide and seek because I’m always IT. Let’s try another game” he asked while pouting.

He is really very cute with that adorable pout on his face that just makes me want to squish it.

Jihoonie always comes here to my house and we always play together even though both of us are already 18 years old. Sometimes, I go to his place and just stay in his bedroom while I watch him compose songs on his computer.

My Jihoonie is talented and I’m so proud of him.

We really look like a child though. Every day, he insists on playing another game since we always play hide and seek but I don’t want that because I want to piss him off for not finding me. He never finds me. Not even once. So, I always win, making him upset.

His father knows me already. At first, I thought that he was strict, but I found out that he was kind. I wonder why Jihoonie is not close to him.

“Nooo. Let’s play hide and seek again. But, before that, we should eat first” I said and grabbed the sandwiches I prepared and gave him some.

“Jihoonie, can I ask you something?”

“Sure” he answered while munching his sandwich.

“Why aren’t you close to your father? And I also don’t see your mom. Is she working overseas?” I asked.

He stopped eating and looked at me with a sad face.

And suddenly, a tear fell out from his eyes and strolled down his cheeks.

“Jihoonie stop crying. I’m sorry for the question. I’m sorry for asking. Its okay if you don’t tell me” I said as I reached out to him and cradled him in my arms.

“No, no, it’s okay. I just remembered my mom” he said as he paused for a while to dry his tears.

He got out from my arms and faced me.

 

JIHOON’S POV

“No, no, it’s okay. I just remembered my mom” I said and wiped my tears as I got out from Soonyoung’s arms which I tell you is like a piece of heaven but don’t mind that.

I readied myself to tell Soonyoung one of my deepest secrets that I have waited for a long time to let out.

“We were once a happy family. We always eat together, go out on weekends and tell stories with each other. But when I reached the age of 12, I noticed many changes in our family. We don’t go out anymore, my father always comes home at dawn and my mother always cry for no reason. One night, I woke up because of their noise.”

 

~FLASHBACK~

It’s 11 o’clock already. Is mom and dad still awake?

I went towards their room and noticed that the door is still half-open. I peeked from the gap and saw my father and mother fighting. I just stood there and listened to them.

“Seo Yi, I told you many times that she is just my business partner. We just had a lunch meeting when you saw us.”

“Is it still a business meeting when you hug and wipe each other’s faces with kisses? Tell me Gong Nam! Would you kiss if it’s a meeting?”

“Shut up! Jihoon might wake up!” my father said.

I cannot take it anymore, so I went inside.

“Mother? Father? Is there something wrong?” I asked as they faced me.

“Jihoonie baby, this is nothing. Your father and I are just talking” my mother told me.

“Then, why are you crying?” I asked as I wiped her tears.

Instead of answering me, she took me to my room and made me go to bed.

She sang me a lullaby and even read me a story.

~THE NEXT DAY~

I woke up and immediately went down to find my parents. It’s a Sunday so it means it’s family day.

I happily skipped towards the dining room and saw nobody.

I went back upstairs towards their room to look for them.

I opened their room.

“Mother? Father?”

I looked at their bed, but they were not there. Same thing with their walk-in closet.

My final option is in their CR.

I went inside, and I was shocked. Tears immediately flooded my eyes as I slumped on the floor.

I saw my mother. Lying on the floor. Blood all around her. Dead.

She was holding a cutter in her hand and a letter was placed on her chest.

I crawled forward to get the letter and read it.

 

Dear my beloved Jihoon,

                Jihoonie baby, I’m sorry. Please be a good boy for mother okay. Remember that I will always love you and you will always be my baby. Don’t mind the things that you saw and heard last night. Just think of it as a dream. Don’t hate your father Jihoonie. I know that he loves you so much.

                Jihoonie, don’t forget that I will always be beside you. Remember what I told you? When somebody dies, he or she becomes an angel. So here I am now an angel, always here to protect and guide you.

                I love you baby! Tell your father that I also love him very much.

Lovingly yours,

Umma

~BACK TO THE PRESENT~

 

“I cried so hard after reading the letter that I passed out. I can’t stop myself from hating my father because of what he did to my mother. He always apologizes to me, but I always change the topic to avoid talking to him about the incident. But if you were me Soonyoung, would you be angry at my father too?” I asked him with tears falling again from my eyes.

“Of course. But before that, I will ask him what really happened because there was no proper explanation on what really happened right?” he asked me as he wiped my tears away and engulfed me once again in one of his bear hugs.

“But still..” I started to speak but he cut me off.

“Shh.. no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter