Safe

Queen of Kings (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warnings: None.

 

Mother,

 

    I've finally settled into the new castle. The room I've gotten is right next to the Prince's and I wonder what the servants think about that. I shouldn't be concerned though right? I mean I haven't heard any rumors in or outside of the castle walls.

 

    It's very quiet here; everything is so clean and empty I sometimes wonder if I'm the only person here other than the boys. Speaking of the boys, all of them are so different! When I ate dinner with them the first night I got to really see how they talked to each other and I enjoyed that even though in the back of my mind I was thinking of you and father. But there are some I have yet to sit and have a conversation with and that's a sad thought.

 

    I wish I was there to tell you all this and lots of things that have happened, like I found their garden and it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

 

     Mother, I miss you and father so much. I would have thought you'd written to me by now at least and I hope you're doing well. Write back soon please--

 

"What're doing in here?" I jump and drop my utensil. I turn and look at a smiling Yixing. He laughs lightly. "May we come in?"

 

"We?" I repeat. He moves aside and shows me a grinning Junmyeon. "Oh, sure! Come in, please sit. I quickly fold my letter and set it to the side of my desk. I turn around and smooth my hands over my dress.

 

"Is there anything I can help you all with?" I ask.

 

"Why so formal?" Yixing asks, sitting comfortably in the chair. He rests one of his hands on the back of Junmyeons chair and crosses his right leg over his left. They're both wearing black top with loose fitting bottoms. Yixing has the first two buttons of his shirt undone while Junmyeon has all of his done but dammit they both stillblook good. I ignore their smug smiles at each other and look away. I hear one of them call my name.

 

"Yes?"

 

"We want to take you somewhere."

 

"Where?" I ask.

 

Yixing eyes sparkle while Junmyeon speaks. "It's a secret."

 

I huff out a breath of annoyance and continue to follow the men in front of me. I had thought we were going to the garden but when we arrived we continued walking straight and out of a door that camouflaged with the flower wall around it. My surprise was covered by anxiety when I  saw the forest that we stopped in front of. Before I could ask if we could go back inside, Yixing put a hand on the small of my back with a small come on, and began to lead the way.

 

"Will someone please tell me where we're going?" I ask after we've walked further along. I step over a large tree root.

 

"We're almost there."

 

"Are you sure because--"  I yelp when I feel my foot catch underneath a rock. I squeeze my eyes shut and hold my breath preparing for the hard ground beneath me. I wait, and wait, but when I feel nothing I begin to breath again. I inhale a long breath and I'm met with the scent of musk and something heady. I grip my fingers on the cloth and feel the solid muscle beneath me. My heart speeds up when there are hands gripping my waist to pull me up.

 

"Are you okay?" Yixing asks, looking at me with worried eyes. I shakily nod and turn to look at Junmyeon. I notice him scowling at some trees in front of us.

 

"Junmy--" I cut myself off when he raises his hand to silence me. I watch his body go rigid and feel Yixing tense beside me.

 

l feel Yixings hands around my waist grabbing me again, this time only harder. As I'm shoved behind a tree and pushed to a kneeling position I hear the sound of quick foot steps from the other side of the forest. 

 

"Don't move," Yixing says, kneeling with me. "I'm going to go get a few of the others and I'll be right back, okay?" I nod hurriedly and push myself closer to the tree.

 

", , ." I say as I quickly run through the forest. As I see the back of the castle I bolt towards the secret garden door and slam it open, the hinges rattling with it. I keep running, trying to figure out where Baekhyun and Kyungsoo would be. I run past the library and skid to a halt, quickly turning around. I run inside.

 

"Kyungsoo, Baekhyun!" The panic in my voice makes them leave the book they're reading. "Happy to have found you together but you have to come with me, Junmyeon is in trouble with these assailants and I left--

 

"You left him there!?" Baekhyun yells astonished, him and Kyungsoo rounding the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter