Chapter 6

Coming Home

March 9, 2019


 

Taeyeon’s birthday. Usually their living room would be filled with laughter, food, music, friends and family. Though this time was different. Yes there was music, food, friends, and family. That music being a cartoon theme song from Seohyun’s favorite show, food for a baby, friends helping take care of the babies, and ⅘ of a family missing it’s last piece. Laughter was nowhere to be found. The ahjumma like laughter was nowhere to be found.


 

Happy birthday, Taeyeon. Wherever you are I hope you’re thinking of us. Or watching over us. I miss being able to read and send you letters. That way I could tell you how much we miss you, how much the twins look exactly like you and how bad we want you to come home. At least then I could communicate with you somehow. You should be here now. So we can celebrate your birthday properly. So we can take care of the twins. So we can be together again. But where are you? You promised you would be home but where are you?

 

“...Tiff. Hey, you ok? We can take care of Kibum and Irene if you need some rest.” Yuri said causing Tiffany to break away from her thoughts.


 

“Oh no I got it. I was just thinking about buying some more diapers. Yeah we’re kinda low on diapers I think.” she tried to come up with a lie in order not to worry her friends anymore than she already has.


 

“Jess brought five bags of diapers over this morning so I’m pretty sure you won’t need to worry about that for a while. Seriously what’s wrong? You still thinking about…?” she hesitated in case she would say the wrong thing. They already made the mistake of saying her name and quickly discovered that it triggered her to break down so they refrained from saying it at all around her. Noticing she never got an answer, she deeply sighed and side hugged Tiffany. “I’m sorry Tiff. I’m so so sorry. If I go back in time and change things I promise I would in a heartbeat.”


 

“I know you would but really it’s not your fault, Yul. You and Soo shouldn’t blame yourselves. Nobody saw it coming and you couldn’t control it but...can I ask you about something that happened at the hospital?”


 

“We brought McDonald’s!” Jessica exclaimed walking in the front door with Sunny following waving bags and cups. “Oh did we interrupt something?” she asked noticing their serious expressions.


 

“McDonald’s?” Yoona, Seohyun, the triplets and Sooyoung all turned their heads at the same time at the sound of their favorite restaurant and raced to their happy meals. “Thanks Auntie Jess and Auntie Sunny!” “I hope I got the good toy this time.” they muttered as they went into the dining room to eat.


 

“Uh yeah I needed to ask you guys about something that happened at the hospital. It’s been on my mind for a couple of weeks but we’ve been so busy and didn't really know how to bring it up.”


 

“Yeah what’s up? Everything ok?” Jessica asked realizing the seriousness of the situation.


 

“Yeah well there’s something that I saw and it was kinda weird and...was there someone else in the room when I was giving birth?”


 

“Other than Yuri, the doctors, nurses and me, no. Sunny and Soo were still in waiting room. Why?”


 

“Are you sure? I could’ve sworn there was a woman and she wore like some kind of green and she kinda looked like….” she paused as she slowly put the pieces together. No she couldn’t have, right? There’s no way she could have seen-


 

“Tiff I know you miss her and everything but I wouldn’t lie to you. We wouldn’t lie to you on something sensitive like that but she wasn’t there. Maybe you were hallucinating or something.”


 

“No I swear! I swear I heard her and everything clear as day you gotta believe me.” she jumped up frantically and her voice rising trying to explain. “Everything was blurry and I couldn’t really hear anything but I heard her and saw her clear as ing day. I know what I saw.”


 

“No that’s what you think you saw and what you wanna see clear as day. We were all feeling a lot of emotions that day, especially you, so it would make sense if you were feeling or seeing certain things to make you feel better.” Yuri said making Tiffany pause to think about the possibility. “Listen, we all miss her but she would be here if she was-“ she was interrupted by the doorbell.


 

Tiffany walked over to open the door in confusion wondering who it was. As she opened the door, she was starting to think that Yuri was right and she was losing her mind. “T-Tae?”


 

“Hi.” Taeyeon gave her signature cheeky smile and waved with the hand that didn’t have flowers in it. Tiffany looked in horror and slammed the door in her face.


 

Yuri noticed Tiffany’s face and walked to the door. “What’s wrong and who was at the- Tae?”


 

“Uh yeah did I come at a bad time or-“


 

“TAE IT’S YOU!” Tiffany jumped on Taeyeon wrapping her arms and legs around her making Taeyeon stumble. “Oh my god I missed you so much! Where have you been?! We thought you were dead!” she said between giving kisses all over Taeyeon’s face and tears threatening to fall in all of them including the onlooker Yuri.


 

The couple was quiet for a few minutes, other than the sound of sniffling and kisses, enjoying each others embrace. Yuri held back her urge to tackle the petite soldier in respect of the couple reuniting and watched with the biggest grin she’d let out since she came home.


 

“I missed you so much you have no idea.” Taeyeon muttered into Tiffany’s neck. “I miss you guys so ing much.”


 

Tiffany, full on sobbing, could barely get out, “W-we thought y-you were-“


 

“Yeah I know but I’m here now baby, I’m here now.” she held Tiffany for a few more moments to calm down a little before sitting her back on her own two feet. Thinking that was her que, Yuri ran full speed tackling Taeyeon making her fall.


 

“I missed you, you little ! We thought you were dead! I’m never leaving you again so your orders!” She hugged Taeyeon until she patted her indicating she couldn’t breathe making Tiffany giggle. “Oh sorry but what happened to you?”


 

“I miss you too buddy but can we go inside first? It’s been a while since I’ve seen everybody.” And that they did. She walked in and took a deep breath while looking around at the place she called home. Home sweet home.


 

“So who was at the do- Taeng?!” “Tae?!” Sunny and Jessica ran over to hug Taeyeon. “Oh my god we missed you! What happened to you are you ok?”


 

“I missed you guys too and I’ll explain everything in a minute but I think I have a couple more people to see.” she responded as she left to go to the seemingly noisy kitchen.


 

“Yah Manse why do you keep stealing my fries when you have your-“ Sooyoung’s eyes bulged and jaw dropped along with the fry she was holding after seeing who walked in. The chatter from the kids all stopped and turned towards the culprit only to have the same reaction. Seohyun being the last to turn around couldn’t believe her eyes seeing the person she’s been dying to see for the past nine months.


 

Seeing that they all were too frozen to say or do anything, she decided to speak first, “Sooo do I get a hug or something?” she chuckled. They all broke from their trance but Seohyun reacted faster by getting up and running into Taeyeon’s arms.


 

“Mommyyyy! I missed you mommy!”


 

“And I missed you too princess. I'm sorry I've been gone for so long.” She picked Seohyun up spinning her around a couple of times making her giggle.


 

“I thought you'd break your pinky promise on coming home.”


 

“Aww you know better than that. I'm SuperTae remember? And I could never break a pinky promise. You can’t break a pinky promise.”  she smiled at the nickname and ‘famous’ quote.


 

Luckily, she put Seohyun down before Sooyoung, her triplets and Yoona ran over to hug the soldier knocking her down once again. “Jesus Christ everyone in this house is gonna make me break a bone at this rate.” the muffled comment came out since they were all on top of her.


 

Letting her breathe for literally a second, they let her recover and dust herself off before Sooyoung embraced her in a bear hug. “We thought we lost you, midget! You might be small but I’m never letting you out of my sight again.”


 

“I would fight you on that comment but I miss you too much to care.” she shook off the joke and broke the hug.


 

“Taeyeon, I think there’s two more people that wanna see you.” Tiffany suggested from the entrance of the kitchen.


 

“Go get em, tiger.” Soo patted Taeyeon’s shoulder before she walked off and held Tiffany’s hand heading to a bedroom.


 

Tiffany quietly opened the bedroom door with Taeyeon following behind where there were two different cribs next to each other with a baby in each making small noises and waving their arms around. “They must’ve just woken up from their nap from all the yelling.”


 

Taeyeon’s face lit up as she slowly approached Kibum’s crib and picked him up to cradle him while Tiffany went to cradle Irene. Taeyeon was speechless after seeing them both. Tiffany gently handed her Irene so she could cradle both in her arms and almost melted seeing them relax in her embrace.


 

“Wow I have some strong genes. They look exactly like me. Good news guys, you’re gonna be good looking just like your Mommy.”


 

“I see your ego hasn't changed since you left.”


 

They spent a few more minutes with the twins before they drifted off back to sleep. They gave them a kiss on their foreheads before carefully placing them back into their respective cribs and walked out hand in hand. Walking into the living room, everyone else in the house seemed to gather in the room and stopped chatting as the couple came to sit down.


 

“Ok now that you’ve said your hellos and everything, I believe it’s time for a story.” Sooyoung suggests as everybody muttered in agreement.


 

Taeyeon rubbed the back of Tiffany’s hand and gave a bitter smile. “Yeah I guess I do owe you guys a story so sit back and relax because this one is gonna be a classic for the grandkids. So when I did take one to the head, I woke up in this lady’s house and…”


 

*flashback to February 18th*


 

“Ahhh my head...where am I?” Taeyeon held her head while blinking trying to regain her sense of sight.


 

“Oh good, you’re awake. I was afraid you were a goner since you look so pale and frail.” an older woman went over and cooed the injured girl. “Don’t touch the bandage or it’ll hurt even more, ok sugar? Take this for your pain and I’m almost done with your soup that’ll heal you right on up.” she handed Taeyeon a weird looking pill and a glass of water before going back to the connected kitchen area.


 

Doubtful but worth a try, Taeyeon took the pill and could feel immediate effects just after a few minutes. The older woman walked over with a hot bowl of soup and gestured to feed Taeyeon who graciously took the offer.


 

“Um thanks for helping me but who are you and where are we?” she asked taking a break between bites.


 

“Well everybody around here calls me Granny and my nephew likes to help the good wounded and bring them back here to our house so I can fix them up if I can. He really is a gift to this world.” she smiled.


 

“But didn’t I get shot in the head? And the enemies? There were reinforcements and there’s no way he could’ve gotten me out by himself with that many people before I bled out.”


 

“Listen dear, we’ve been around these parts for a long time. Sadly, we know how these people work but even though they’re ‘trained’, they’re not the brightest. They leave the wounded alone without checking if they’re alive or not which is where we step in. They’re rare cases but they exist nonetheless. Unfortunately, some don’t make it especially with a case like yours but it looks like you have a calling and it wasn’t your time sweetheart.”


 

Taeyeon took a moment to digest all of the information. She just escaped death and was saved by an earth angel. She just got another chance to at life and to see her family and friends. She wasn’t religious but she wanted to thank whatever force decided that it wasn’t her time and allowed her to see the people who mattered most to her.


 

“I...I don’t know what to say. Thank you and your nephew. I would probably be dead right now and never get to see my family and friends again. Really thank you and your nephew so very much. Is there someway I can repay you?”


 

“Oh no you don’t have to repay me dear. I love helping people and I must say you seem to have a cute and loving family. I can tell you cherish them very much since you carry around that portrait of them.” she got up to wash out the now empty soup bowl.


 

Taeyeon smiled at the mention of the portrait and pulled it out of here pocket. It was the same she had before she left home but the only difference now is there were two babies instead of one. She caressed the drawn figures with a small grin.


 

SuperTae is coming home.


 

*end of flashback*


 

“Woah that’s so ing cool!” Sooyoung exclaimed causing Jessica, Sunny and Tiffany to scold her for cursing around the kids.


 

“Wait wait I still have questions though. Who was her nephew?” Yuri asked making everyone quiet down again.


 

“That probably would’ve been a good question to ask but I don’t know. The whole time I stayed there, at least when I was awake, I never saw him.”


 

“What about that person Tiffany saw in the hospital? Tiffany doesn’t usually freak out over something unless it’s serious and she seemed to be telling the truth.”


 

“I don’t know maybe my spirit left for a while and went to go see the twins.” Taeyeon chuckled at her own joke but noticed she was the only one laughing.


 

Yuri stared before saying, “Tae I’m honestly starting to believe this whole super power supernatural SuperTae .” making Jessica and Sunny hit her while Tiffany threw a pillow for cursing in front of the kids. Taeyeon laughed at the interaction and watched in amusement.


 

I’m so glad to be back home.






 

—————————————————————————



 

THE END


 

omg thanks to everyone who went through this little journey with me and supported this fanfic. I don’t have a lot of experience in writing (other than lyrics) so thank you for the upvotes, comments and subs I really wouldn’t have the motivation to write every other day and upload so thank you guys really


 

this is pretty much the end unless i decided to do some type of epilogue but im still not sure yet. anywho again thank you for the support i hope to see you guys in future stuff or on social media and if you have any questions please do ask! see you guys next time ❤️