Chapter 2.5 (Bonus: The Entirety of You)

Rewritten

Two shadows were standing in the rooftop, one tall and slender and the other shorter, just enough to rest its head on the taller shadow’s shoulders. 

 

“So how’s med school so far, Baekhyun?” 

 

“I don’t know... I mean I don’t know if I want this or if I’m made for this.” 

 

“How come?” 

 

“Everything’s so different or maybe they’re just too difficult for me to deal with, you know – the lessons, the environment, the people. They’re just not what I want to be.” 

 

“So you’re not inspired enough?” 

 

“No, I don’t think so. If I fail, I’ll bounce off. I’ll take another track in this field but no longer in this profession.” 

 

Chanyeol smiles. He likes how Baekhyun is honest, you don’t find someone as authentic as him these days. He’s warm and kind, and it reminded him of home - a place he’s beginning to forget but shouldn’t, a place he would gladly run into. 

 

However, Chanyeol isn’t as honest as him. He was different, he avoids anything that would get the best of him or in other words, get him to feel things. 

 

“So do you know who I like?” He shifts the conversation only because he doesn’t want to hear anymore of Baekhyun’s plans to leave – this, Baekhyun doesn’t know. 

 

“Who?” Baekhyun asked. 

 

You.

The entirety of you.

You in all your essence and forms.

You.

 

“Kyungsoo, your friend.” 

 

“Oh...” 

 

Baekhyun runs towards the elevator repeatedly pressing the arrow going down as if it would make the elevator faster, as if it would him forget what he just heard. 

 

“Baek...I...” but before Chanyeol could continue, the elevator doors open. 

 

That night Chanyeol couldn’t sleep.