Chapter 1

Rewritten

“Are you excited to do some activities today?” He asked.

 

The kid replied, “Yes, I practiced them at home with my dad.”

 

The brown-haired boy took the kids hand and walked towards the west wing of the hospital when something unexpected happened – there he was, the person who he was running from but unconsciously wishing to run into. Suddenly it felt warm and he felt like sinking. Indeed, the white coat was doing its magic, Park Chanyeol looked as magnificent as ever.

 

Doctor Park Chanyeol to be exact.

 

“H-h-hey... Baekhyun?” He smiled as he looked at the kid who was tightly holding the boy’s hand.

 

“Dr. Park?” He laughs.

 

Before Chanyeol could reply, another man walked towards Baekhyun and now there were tons of neurons firing in his brain, thousands of questions popping all at once.

 

Is this his kid?

Is this his husband?

When did he get married?

What is he doing here?

He still has that smile!

This is Baekhyun, right?

Is my white coat doing its magic?

 

All these questions were running inside his head but none shuffling on his tongue. He couldn’t speak as the man took the child’s free hand and the three walked together. Baekhyun looked back and gave a smile. And that was it - or so he thought.

 

The next day, Chanyeol saw him again. This time, he was with a little girl.

 

Is this his daughter?

Why does he have a daughter and a son?

Are they twins?

Do they have the same father?

 

Chanyeol was smart, he couldn’t have gone successfully through med school without critical thinking but this time it was getting the best of him.

 

They were waiting for a car and as soon as the girl was fetched, he walked towards Baekhyun. The boy gleamed with such warmth that Chanyeol’s words began to hide for the nth time.

 

“Chanyeol! You’re here again? Residency?”

 

“Uh, yeah. I’m doing my final year here. Pediatrics.”

 

“Well, I didn’t expect that from someone who used to put on a pouty face around children.”

“Well, there’s just so much left to discover about ourselves don’t you think?”

 

Baekhyun laughs.

 

He’s doing that smile again! Ugh! Chanyeol thinks but this is what he asks, “How are your kids?”

 

“Oh, they’re doing well. Baby steps – slow progress is still progress, right?”

 

“You have 2?”

 

“Oh, I actually have 10 and counting so I–“ but before Baekhyun could continue Chanyeol almost let out a scream,

 

“10 and what?! What have you been doing Baekhyun?! Banging every guy that comes through your door?!”

 

Baekhyun laughs hysterically while Chanyeol was breathing heavily thinking about why he has gone ballistic towards the fact that Baekhyun has 10 children.

 

“Chanyeol, did you think I was talking about my children? As in the children that have my blood?” He couldn’t stop laughing.

 

“Why are you laughing? Do you think it’s funny to... Ya, Baekhyun!”

 

“Ya, Chanyeol! What do you think of me? Did you think I left med school to become a baby machine of some sort? The kids I was talking about are my clients.”

 

“Clients?” He let out a sigh of relief, and most probably, of shame.

 

“Yes, I’m in the neuropsych department. It’s actually part of my internship to finish my doctorate. I’m doing therapy with them.”

 

“What?!” He smiles.

 

“Can’t I be a doctor too? You know there are other doctors besides those who get big bold MDs attached to their names, right?”

 

“I was just surprised, I didn’t expect it. I mean... I-I-I just thought...”

 

“No need to be sorry. I’m sure this would be a funny story to tell.” He laughs again and now Chanyeol’s ears have become accustomed to the sound. It’s a melody to him.

 

“Speaking of friends, how is he?”

 

“How is who?”

 

“Kyungsoo.”

 

“You still like him?”

 

“No.”

 

“Why do you ask?”

 

Yes, Chanyeol you dumb doc! Why would you ask? He talks to himself in his head.

 

“Nothing just...”

 

“Just?”

 

“Uh...”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes start to glisten. He swallows the confidence left in him then mutters under his breath so quietly that anyone could barely hear it, “It’s always him, I guess huh.” Chanyeol doesn’t hear it, nobody does so instead, he bids him goobye at least before he loses his voice – at least until the memories stay inside his pockets.

 

“Look, Chanyeol, nice chatting with you. It’s been such a long time. Kyungsoo’s fine, he’s doing his residency abroad. I’m sure you can contact him online. I have to go now. See you around, I guess.”

 

Baekhyun walks away.

 

“B-Baekhyun!” He shouts but only the boy’s waving hand could be seen in a sea of people.

 

“Stupid, Park Chanyeol! Why do you keep bringing that other person up! They’re friends and you don’t even like the guy!” He tells himself inside his clinic. “You like him! You like Baekhyun! But why do keep messing things up?” His monologue begins until he hears his assistant knock on his door.

 

“Come in,” he says.

 

“Neuropsych needs a pedia to check on a kid’s EENT tomorrow.”

 

“Isn’t Doc Kim there?”

 

“He’s out of town together with the EENT department for a conference. The doctor said thet need someone to fill in tomorrow morning from pedia. All the higher-ups have morning meeting on Fridays. ”

 

Hoping it was Baekhyun, he asked, “Doctor Byun?”

 

“No, it’s Doctor Oh.”

 

“Oh, okay. Tell them I’ll drop by tomorrow.”

 

Another twist of fate, he thinks. Chanyeol isn’t a morning person. In fact, tomorrow would be his rest day but he obliged. Everything just to get his only and final shot for this story that may or may not be rewritten – everything just to see Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

sorry for all the typo

this will just be short maybe 2-3 chapters only 

enjoooy