Prologue

Guardians of the Past & Present
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1000 years ago, on this land, a war erupted that causes huge loss of casualties...

Standing up to the demon king, who is in his huge grey wolf form, was a girl who is much smaller in size. Her long black hair glistened with blue under the sunlight. Even though the sun is shining bright, on this piece of land, there is only chaos and cries of bewilderment. Cladding to her worn-out body was a red loose dress with patches torn and dirt due the fight earlier. On her porcelain skin was blood stain that aren't from hers. Clenching in her fist was her weapon, a chain reaper, that is dripping with blood, accumulated on the floor beneath her. With her blue eyes that is filled with anger, she stares deep into the eyes of the demon king while biting down on her red lips, praying that her spell work. The king started to faze as his mind starts to get out of control. As the girl break into a small smile that her spell is working, the demon king suddenly break free and look at the girl furiously. With his huge hand, he swipe down and came flying towards the girl. Too shocked to do anything, she was waiting to received the hit when suddenly a figure came flying towards her. The  figure wrapped her in his embrace as his received the hit,  causing both of them to flung meters away and crush into the ground. Hard.

“Puny brats”, he scoffed and look at the rest of the guardians, “who’s next?”

-

A girl with long brown wavy hair that reaches her waist immediately rushes to the crashing site. As her hair flow with the wind, so was her tears which was falling down from her green eyes which was once sparkly. Trailing behind her was her blue gleaming long dress decorated with shells and sequins. Adorned on her head was a crown decorated with white pearls and shells which no longer gleamers. “Please be alright”. She bited down on her cherry red lips in worried as she prayed.

Upon reaching the crashing site, she saw the girl still in the embrace of the guy. She places her hand immediately on the guy, checking on his conditioned. She immediately gasped when she realises all his internal organs were damaged. Without dragging on anymore, she immediately wanted to heal him, only to be stopped by a weak voice. The guy, with messy black hair, along with his luscious eyelashes and misty grey eyes, look up at the girl. "No, save her…”, he pleaded softly. His white shirt were torn, revealing his tone muscle and fair skin underneath. But it was dirtied with his own wounds and blood as patches of red and purple tainted his skin.

“I can only save one, you know that…”. She looked back at him with tearful eyes, god knows how much she wants to give up her life in exchange for his.

“Then please save her.”

“What about you?”. She asked, begging him with her eyes, hoping he would get the hint that the one she wants to save is him. 

“To be able to be alive till now, I am satisfied. To died while protecting her in my arms, I’m more than happy.” He smiled softly and look at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter