002 Whiff

Beautiful Creatures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
002: Whiff

“The whiff came and disappeared like light as usual.“

 

 

 

“Aish why didn’t I hear my alarm.” Yein kept repeating through her uneven breathing. She was running and it wasn’t much of a surprise. This always happens after messing up and splitting her time unevenly, thus leaving less time to do her homework and more time tending to the shelter.

 

It didn’t help her that she saw the bus she always took to school leave right before her eyes. The pedestrians around just watched her scramble like a wild dog and chase after the city bus as if it was so precious. Which it was as it was her last mode of transportation that doesn’t include using her limbs to get to school.

 

The only thing saving her is that some of her college courses seat hundreds of students and the rooms have many entrances. It would be no problem for her to sneak in, grab a seat, and take notes like the diligent student she should be.

 

However, it’s the middle of the semester. At this point seat would have been in invisible claimed and most likely she would steal someone’s seat or look like a new student who finally decided to show up to class from her classmates’ perspectives.

 

She unlocked her phone to check the time. 4:10pm. Oh just great, I’m already ten minutes late. The building stood tall in front of her eyes, glass panels surrounded the walls, leaving all eyes to wander the inside. The girl pulled open the one of the double doors and scurried up a flight of stairs.

 

There was no way in hell she was going through the main entrance of the auditorium on the first floor. The rows of seats built the room up that she can just enter the back doors quietly from the second floor.

 

From the looks of it, the professor was busy drawing and explaining organic models and reiterating how nomenclatures are given. Already continuing off right the bat where we left off.

 

The girl scanned the back desks and spotted a few empty desks, and refused to sit further closer to the professor in danger of disturbing her classmates and catching the professor’s eye.

 

Her hand pulled out the empty chair close to the door, noting the stature of a boy who lazily had his head on his splayed out arm. He was facing the center of the room, looking at the professor, thus she paid no heed to the boy. She was just hoping this wasn’t his friend’s spot or anything.

 

She opened her red floral backpack and grabbed her notebook and muji pen out to start catching up on the notes. She will definitely need it to do the online homework that is just terrible. Then again what did she expect when she had to be enrolled in organic chemistry.

 

Yein was scrambling to quickly write down all of his drawings and side comments, but Mr. Lee was going much faster today. She tilted her head to the right and caught eyes of the boy seated next to her.

 

His orbs looked at her with such intensity, but dimmed down and looked nonchalant. They were staring at each other before Yein felt uncomfortable and whispered a question.

 

“Is there something on me? Or did I take your friend’s seat?”

 

His eyebrow arched and he lifted his head up from his arm, back all straight as he responded back. “Nah, nothing you just seemed to be in a rush to write all this.”

 

Yein let out a sigh, her lips protruding out a bit. “Yeah, it’s my first time coming in late and I really need to do well in this class.”

 

He scanned her, he wasn’t going to deny how innocent and young she looked. He knew her name alright, but he wouldn’t say the same for her. Afterall, it was the first interaction.

 

His left hand moved his paper to her. “Here you can copy this later.”

 

“Are you sure, don’t you need to take notes on this.”

 

“It’s fine, I can use another sheet.” He responded back before looking back on the board to copy the new information already written out.

 

Yein sent him a small smile and muttered a thanks before listening to the lecture presented. She saw how organized and easy his notes looked and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter