001 Chance

Beautiful Creatures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
001: Chance

“Why can’t people give them a chance.”

 

 

 

She ran straight through the edges of the animal shelter, not knowing the bronze-colored eyes that followed her from the distance of the forest. Her smell was enticingly strong like citruses. Was it her shampoo and body wash? No, that can’t simply explain why these eyes followed her every move with passion.

 

Yein on the other hand had no clue what was happening one hundred meter away. She was frantically rushing to the front of the shelter where she saw a car pull up to the front. Her clothes marked with soapy water and skin glistening with a mixture of sweat and dirty water. The girl finished washing new rescues and was tidying up the cleaning stall.

 

The barking was incessantly loud from the commotion; a lively atmosphere. It may seem hectic and annoying to some people, but to Yein she found it to be somewhat pleasant. The only way dogs have to communicate is through a language humans don’t understand and we only have to guess by their actions. Why yell and stop their voices from being heard when they just may have a simple wish? Like being loved by a human companion. They bark for attention; to be adopted.

 

The young couple got out of their car as Yein rounded the corner. “Welcome to Miracles in December. How may I help you?!” A smile adorned on her face as she faced them.

 

“Hello, we are looking to see if you have any young puppies available?” The woman asked.

 

Yein’s smile flinched a tiny bit, but didn’t go noticed by the couple. “I’m sorry, our facility is full of older and elderly dogs as of the moment. I can take you around to see the dogs we have!”

 

Her forehead had a creased line as she pondered a second in contemplation. “It’s okay, we can look at another place. We are only looking for a puppy to train. Let’s check out another place Khun.”

 

The lady sauntered back into her car as the man mouthed an I’m sorry before quietly entering the car. The car drove out so fast that she didn’t have a chance to fight and ask them for a chance to look at potential dogs.

 

Yein pouted and knuckled her head softly, muttering jibberish about not bei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter