Missing Piece

Like Emerald

Like emerald, Baekhyun's eyes are green. Something that made him stand out from the rest but rather than adored for his eyes, he was despised, envied and avoided. The nasty rumors of him being a witch or something inhuman terrified everyone around him.

 

 

Hence, the label 'outcast'

 

 

No one dares to look at his eyes for long fearing that they would be either cursed, get misfortunes or be drawn to him where they'll be under his control.

 

 

Baekhyun is attractive but his eyes made him worse than a monster in everyone's eyes in terror that his pretty face is a way to cover his real identity. 

 

 

It was too much at first, he was what everyone talks about during his middle school and high school. He was even bullied at some point but the bullying stopped when he would always stare at them intensely making them tense in fear that they're being cursed.

 

 

He tried to understand but he really can't. He didn't choose to have green eyes, he didn't want to be an outcast. He started despising his eyes to the point that he will never look at himself in the mirror without being afraid that he will hurt himself by trying to get rid of the eyes that made everyone fear and hate him.

 

 

He started hating himself.

 

 

Surprisingly, college had been different. He is still known as an outcast but he was no longer feared by everyone. The students in the university thinks that it was rather ridiculous to think that someone as weak as him could be like that when they realized nothing really happened in the past years that will make Baekhyun different than the rest. He just have green eyes, they realized and laughed, it was funny to even think about it, it seems.

 

 

Except Baekhyun hated it.

 

 

A simple laughable situation for most but that rumor had destroyed his life causing a seemingly like hole to grow in his chest, not visible to everyone but it is always there filling the void of what's suppose to be happiness inside him with nothing but emptiness. 

 

 

A caged world of darkness without any sign of light.

 

 

He wasn't able to make friends, his father thought he was a son of another guy because no one in his family has nor had green eyes causing their relationship to grow cold. They became strangers in their own marriage until they decided it's best to divorce leaving Baekhyun to his mother. His mother will always tell him it isn't his fault and that things just didn't worked out. 

 

 

He wasn't able to do something out of fear of being judged by everyone.

 

 

So what others had thought was the beginning of acceptance came isolation.

 

 

He starting distancing himself focusing on his studies in school and reading whenever he has free time, that one star glowing among the rest had chosen to hide its glow for others to see to hide how dead its already inside.

 

 

When other people took hint of his introversion, they left him to himself and stopped trying to approach him as a compensation of what they thought of him before creating a brand new label of him being the school introvert, they thought that the outcast isn't only born with a different eye but a loner as well.

 

 

Not realizing it was them who caused him to be like this in the first place. People with many time in their hands will always find time to bother the time of someone else.

 

 

He was no longer feared but ignored.

 

 

Students started to act like he didn't even existed. 

 

 

Yet all of that started to change once he turned 16. He started having dreams of hin dying in someone's arms every night. It terrified him at first thinking that he might be seeing his own death but what intrigued him the most is the man in his dreams.

 

 

He can't see his face yet everything around him is crystal clear especially after seeing the same thing over and over again. The wounds in his chest, the pain he felt upon his last intake of breath, the chaos happening in the background and the way his heart beats rapidly for the man holding him tightly as if he doesn't want Baekhyun to go.

 

 

He felt the pain the man felt that he shed tears during the first nights he started having those dreams.

 

 

That's when he met Kris. His life that is similar to a white and black film had finally turned into a beautiful motion picture. He felt like a certain piece in his dreams had finally came so that he could finally understand what it's supposed to mean.

 

 

He felt his life changing the moment their eyes met that winter.

 

 

The night after that, the dreams became more clear than before. The face of the man holding him is still a blur but he doesn't only see the things happening before him. 

 

 

He started feel everything as if he's really there.

 

 

At first he had only felt the pain the man felt and the pain from his last intake of breath but after he met kris, he started to feel the wound in his chest. He was even horrified when he woke up, touching his chest to check for any wounds because it felt so real it's so scary.

 

 

He also felt the harsh weather, the tight grip of the man and the tears from his broken sobs that had fallen down to his cheeks.

 

 

He wants to approach the man because he knows he is the missing piece in this puzzle that has slowly engulfing his life. He's not even sure that it is Kris that is in his dreams but looking at everyone, he is the closest one seeing that he suddenly felt the same connection to him like he did in his dreams when they first met.

 

 

But then again, Kris and him are polar opposites.

 

 

The reason why he had never approached him for two years.

 

 

The captain that is adored by everyone would never be interested nor spare a glance to the outcast of the school.

 

 

He is about to give up the idea of approaching the captain when he met Do Kyungsoo, his current roommate for one year. Like him, Kyungsoo doesn't always interact with the people around school except he is adored for his attractive looks - his big eyes and heart shaped lips melts anyone that sees it. In addition to that, he has a great voice and is known for being one of the smartest student in his year.

 

 

He still remembers how Kyungsoo had approached him after he had arranged his things in their room.

 

 

"Your eyes are really pretty. I like them." 

 

 

The beginning of their friendship bloomed from that day.

 

 

Do Kyungsoo is a quiet yet caring person. He says things the way he sees them without filtering any of it just to appear kind. He doesn't care if his hair is messed up or if he's using the same bag to school for two years now. Do Kyungsoo doesn't always talk but he always makes sure Baekhyun ate if ever he saw him skipping lunch to work on a project alone.

 

 

He momentarily forget about Kris due to the happiness he felt of finally having his friend friend although the dreams serves as his reminder everynight.

 

 

Not until that one faithful day where Kyungsoo cleaned their room and decided to clean Baekhyun's side of the room as well that he found out the letter that he's suppose to give to Kris as a way to talk to him.

 

 

So when Kyungsoo told him "I never knew you have a thing for the basketball captain." when he went back from one class Baekhyun felt his heart stop.

 

 

No one mentioned anything about it afterwards, Baekhyun in embarrassment of being caught crushing one of the school's most popular student and Kyungsoo knowing that Baekhyun is too embarrassed to even talk about it based from the surprised and flustered expression he got when he opened it up.

 

 

The elephant in the room however is addressed during one of their movie night bonding. 

 

 

"My boyfriend is one of the members of the School's Basketball team."

 

 

Baekhyun, confused as to why Kyungsoo suddenly brought up a topic about him having a boyfriend replies "Oh, I didn't knew you have a boyfriend."

 

 

"His name is Jongin. I want you to meet him. Please come to the gym tomorrow Baekhyun."

 

 

And thinking that Kyungsoo just really want him to meet his boyfriend, Baekhyun did.

 

 

Yet once he had entered the gym, he didn't find any signs of Kyungsoo being there, not even his shadow. He also realized that no is actually there except for the captain himself.

 

 

He gripped on his shirt as he bit his lips, thinking between staying to wait for his friend or leaving because he doesn't want Kris to notice him. Sure, he always watch him play but he always does that hiding if he hide now however Kyungsoo wouldn't be able to spot him. He is still caught in daze when he received a text message from his phone.

 

 

From: Kyungsoo
To: Baekhyun

 

 

Don't worry, I already told them that you're there for me. This way you can go to the gym whenever you like.

 

 

Baekhyun smiled, it's really nice to have a friend.

 

 

He met Jongin later in their dorm when he visited them with chocolates with him turns out it was the tan skinned guy that he saw talking to Kris the first time he saw him in the gym.

 

 

It also turned out that Kyungsoo doesn't have a sweet tooth so the chocolates were for Baekhyun in the first place. He smiled at the couple in front of him, Jongin is a very playful yet nice guy he can already conclude from how the guy gave him chocolates because he's one of his lover's friend. He also remembers that Jongin is one of the students who has a lot of friends in school.

 

 

Now that he look at it, they're both polar opposites of one another. He smiled at the thought as a new spark of fire danced around his chest.

 

 

The chocolates tasting sweeter than how it usually is.

 

 

From that day on, he bravely took a step to see Kris play without hiding especially that he will be graduating soon. He felt thankful to Kyungsoo as he watches the male do the thing he loved the most. The only thing left to do is approach said male.

 

 

He's the missing piece after all.