Outcast

Like Emerald

Like emerald, Baekhyun was like a transparent hue of a precious stone. Hiding behind the spectra of other colors, fading behind the background without the chance of showing its bloom.

 

 

An outcast.

 

 

If to compare to a war - he would be neither in both sides but rather the one that wouldn't even spare a glance to what's happening around him no matter how it affects his surroundings. 

 

 

An introvert, as what others had called him.

 

 

But just like an emerald, the flower symbolizing unconditional love. He was hoping to meet the one that will make him feel like the only flower existing in a large garden. 

 

 

Hoping to be swept off his feet one day.

 

 

Gathering his stuffs from the locker room. He felt the cold breeze of the winds against his skin, the faint sounds of the people around him and the calming atmosphere of the snow falling outside.

 

 

It's already winter.

 

 

He was about to head back to his classroom when a sudden sound of a locker closing next to him gained his attention instead.

 

 

That's when he met him.

 

 

Hazel brown eyes, glowing like the way the water in a lake shines in midnight. Its surface filled with such a mysterious vibrant craving to be explored to unveil its hidden secrets inside.

 

 

He suddenly felt consious when their eyes met. Grasping at the head of his hoodie that hides his face from everyone else. He quickly stared at his shoes, letting a sign of relief once the taller male looked at something else.

 

 

He easily towered him, his height adding to the things he found amusing to the seemingly perfect male in front of him as he walked passed the people in the corridors, smiling to everyone along his way. 

 

 

He found his smile contagious and when he felt the small smile in his lips with the sensation of his heart beating crazily he felt like he had finally found what he was looking for.

 

 

He finally found him.

 

 

But when he saw the same smile of the students around him, he realized that like a simple emerald in a bunch of roses, he's not worth anything at all.

 

And he had never felt that small before.

 


🍀

 

He saw him again.

 

 

Baekhyun was heading to his class when he saw the guy walk pass him. Stopping on his tracks, he quietly follows him. Thinking that if he was heading to the direction of the cafeteria then he can use that as an excuse to go to that place and grab some food while he's at it. He's hungry afterall.

 

 

Except the guy didn't.

 

 

Rather than heading to the direction of the cafeteria he went to the gym instead. Baekhyun suddenly felt conflicted if he'll either go to the cafeteria to satisfy his stomach or follow him to the gym to satisfy his curiousity.

 

 

After a few seconds of contemplating, Baekhyun went to the cafeteria. He was rather satisfied to see his favorite cake on display once he enters.

 

 

Or so he wish.

 

 

One of the thing that Baekhyun hates the most is his curiousity, he feel that if he didn't follow him right now. He'll lost the chance or he'll have to wait again to see the taller male.

 

 

So he followed him.

 

 

He entered the gym, seemingly oblivious that someone is following him. Baekhyun entered a minute after he did, hiding instantly to the wall border beside the entrance door.

 

 

"Captain!" 

 

 

Baekhyun nervously peeked and eavesdropped to the scene unfolding before him. 

 

 

A shirtless man with tan skin sweating from head to toe as if he just ran the marathon approached the guy he was stalking to. Baekhyun was surprised to hear that the tall guy is the captain of the basketball varsity team. He seems like a person full of surprises. 

 

 

No wonder he felt attracted to him.

 

 

"Can I take a short break? I feel like my lungs is so close to breaking itself from too much exhaustion." He whined, hugging his bag where a tiny bear is hanging as if ready to go and fully assured that the said captain would grant him his request.

 

 

Unsurprisingly, he did. "As long as you buy me a sandwich. I have a hungry stomach to fed." He pointed at his torso, making the tan skinned guy laugh.

 

 

Baekhyun smiled when he finally heard his voice, his husky yet deep voice feels like melting honey to his ears and the fact that he made one of s laugh makes Baekhyun think that he is indeed a nice guy.

 

 

Yet if only he is near and could hear better, he will hear that the laugh rather seemed forced.

 

 

The tan skinned guy already left and the captain was the only one left behind. It seems that the other members were having their classes and it's only the two of them who's available except that the other one already took a break before they can even practice.

 

 

Baekhyun watched the tall captain took a ball, dribble it as he ran around the court and shoot it in rapid speed. He wants to cheer in awe, the varsity captain seems like a great basketball player.

 

 

He suddenly remembered the famous captain of the varsity basketball team that the students were talking about when he first entered the school. It was his first week as a freshman and he already heard many things about the said basketball team. It was the topic of every girls in his class. 

 

 

It's a shame that it took him five months as a freshman to see the captain when he could have seen him in his first week. 

 

 

He also heard many things about the captain, he's known as the ace of the team when he's a freshman. Now that he's a sophomore. His popularity had skyrocked that he already got a fanbase of his own.

 

 

The sensation and attraction Baekhyun felt for the captain grew, he felt like his heart is bursting in adoration for the well known ace in the team.

 

 

He suddenly remembered his name. The name of the captain that the girls in his class always says when they squel as they talk about him all day.

 

 

"Kris Wu."

 

 

He smiled at the way the captain's name rolled on his tongue. That day was the start of him watching the captain play as he continues to adore him.

 

 

Hiding in the shadows like how an outcast should be.

 

 

And that went for two years.