Chapter 4

Trip To The Sunflower Field


Jongdae feels envy when he glance at the window of ice cream parlor,  Jongin's mom trying to cheer her son. Yes, he follow them without being suspicious, maybe its the guilt that he feels when he see Jongin crying inside the car.

Jongdae go back home with heavy heart and he knows if he ask his father about the 'very personal matter' he will get scold. On younger days, Jongdae would always think why did his mom never leave him a younger sibling to play with because he's alone and he didn't like it. On the other side, he feel relief that he doesn't have younger sibling because its going to be harder with their parents separation.

• 
 
Jongin ignores Jongdae when he see him and vice versa. Its a good thing since he dont want to add another stress in the list and not to mention Talent Show is in five days. Jongin works hard on it after he succeed in the audition with 'Emergency'. He would stay back after school and practice with other dancers.

On lunch time, Sehun urge Jongin to accompany him to meet Zhang Yixing since he's too shy to go alone. Jongin admit that he's a shy person too and the journey to the senior table is really nerve wrecking. 

"Hi,Yixing. Can i ask something?" Sehun asks and the other seniors seated on that table stop chattering and focusing on them two. 

"Oh, Sehun. What is it?" Yixing reply 

Jongin get out of his reverie when someone greet him. "Hey kid! I never see you around anymore. Where did you go?" Byun Baekhyun asks the tan guy and the latter scowl inwardly at the cheery senior for calling him a kid. Someone let out an amused chuckle and Jongin knows who the person behind it and he dont want to take a look because he's done a good job for the past days after the incident to ignore him. 

"Practicing for the Talent Show." He answer the question in monotone and not to look rude he gives Baekhyun a smile. "Oh thats good! Good luck then!" Baekhyun pats on Jongin's back. "Thank you." He mutters under his breath. 

Luckily, Sehun also have finish talking with Yixing. They bid goodbye to them and go away to their classroom since they have eaten lunch. 

Classes ended Jongin and Sehun entered the dance studio to practice more. They've exchange their formal clothes to suitable attire for training, they do stretching before dancing to avoid any injuries. Later, other dancers and  their club president come in since Sehun have ask Yixing to help him on some part. Jongin leave them as he practice his moves. 

He cant wait to perform infront of everyone and make them awed by him, the most important thing is he want to enjoy dancing in the spotlight. He's working hard to make his moves turn into perfection. Sehun and Yixing assured him that he dont have to practice till perfect because if he make a small mistake everyone doesn't know about it because he's a great dancer.