Chapter 2

Rose

Yves finished up in the kitchen, then prepared Chuu's plate of food. Yves didn't worry about herself eating, she wanted to make sure that Chuu ate all of her food. While she was preparing Jiwoo's plate of food, she thought about what happened. 

After Jiwoo tired to commit suicide, its like Yves' world turned upsides down. Every night was spent worrying, its a worry deep in her hert that she could not control. Yves realized that her feelings for Chuu were strong. It has been five months since Chuu and Yves have known each other. And everyday Yves' feelings got deeper, and every day her heart got frustrated knowing that Yves couldn't have her. The way Chuu smiled, how shy she was, how nice she was. Yves just felt a natural attraction to her. She wanted to protect her, to watch over her and be able to have her heart connected to Jiwoo's. It already felt like that, anyways. An unexplainable connection, as if Yves was meant to meet Jiwoo. But Yves didn't know why sometimes Jiwoo had an empty look on her face. Why sometimes it looked like Chuu was masking some unimaginable pain. Yves wanted to find out everything about Jiwoo, every scar that painted her heart, because she cared about her, and for some reason, alot. 

She poured a glass of water, took the prepared plate of food, and walked over to the couch, were Jiwoo was still laying down. Chuu appeared to be sleeping like before, but Yves was worried of waking her again. "Hey," Yves said gently. Chuu opened her eyes and looked a bit shocked for a second. She began to sit up. "You made all of this for me? Where is your food, aren't you eating?" Yves shook her head with a gentle smile. "I am alright, do not worry about me. I just want to make sure that you eat well. Hospital food isn't the best, I suppose?" Chuu gave a little giggle, and definitely agreed. She just hoped that Yves would eat later. Even though Chuu was still very solemn, she seemed to be in a better mindset than the night of the party. Their eyes met for a few seconds, and Chuu could have sworn she felt something...but what? Jiwoo shrugged it off, thanked Yves for the food, and then took the plate. "How are you feeling?" Yves sat next to Chuu on the couch and held her cup of water for her. "Why?" The question came so abruptly, that Yves took sort of a double take. "Why what?" Yves asked, confused. "Why are you doing all this, for me? It's a thursday before Christmas break, aren't you planning on going home with you family or the like?" Yves didn't really have family to go to for the holidays. She had parents, yes, but her and her parents did not get along. After Yves came out as lesbian, her parents disowned her. She was off to college, with no help from her parents, taking out loans and doing financial aid to help her get through it. Yves was motivated, she really wanted to finish her four years in college so she can get a good job, so she can one day, support a family with an amazing girl. She just didn't know who yet. Well, conciously she didn't. 

Yves did not know how much she wanted to tell Jiwoo, since Yves wanted to focus on Jiwoo and helping her heal, and finding out why she tried to commit suicide. Was it because of the bullying? Or was there something else going on in her life? "Yes I do have family, but we don't get along, so I am staying in my dorm." She shot Chuu a warm smile. She had an answer for that, but not for why she was doing so much for Chuu. Her heart knew though, that she felt for Jiwoo. Chuu had never had anyone care for her as Yves did, especially in the short five months time that they knew each other. "Thank you Yves, for everything. I am so sorry if I came off as rude, I guess, I just never had anyone do this for me...thank you, Yves." Yves gave her a beautiful smile. "Do not worry about it." The more time that Yves spent with Chuu, whether it was in class, meetings, or like this, Yves felt her feelings getting deeper. Which frustrated and confused her, and is the reason why her and Hyunjin broke up. 

"How do you have feelings for someone else when your heart is invested in me?" Hyunjin asked. 

"Please, just give me time..." 

"No. It's over. I can't keep loving someone and talking to someone I love so much, when they are in love with someone else."

"Hyunjin, I said I'm not in love with her, I just said I think I feel something for-" But it was too late, the shine in Yves' eyes revealed and spoke the words of love that Yves felt for Jiwoo, and Hyunjin realized that love, despite even if Yves didn't realize the love herself. Hyunjin brushed past Yves, walking out of what was their shared room and slamming the door shut.