First Meeting

Living With Kim Taehyung

KYORI'S POV


“You will say sorry or you will say sorry?" My eyebrows instantly met upon hearing the guy’s domineering statement, “Why would I? When you’re actually the one who caused this situation we are in!”


I looked down to see the guy’s I.D name which was pinned on his right chest. Kim Taehyung. I read then scoffed. 


It was the first day of school. I was walking on my way to my classroom when a random guy unconsciously ran into me which made a strong force as we bumped into each other. I hit his nose with my forehead and it was bleeding profusely.


“Look.” Taehyung pointed at his nose, “You see this blood? And still, you don’t want to apologize?”


I looked around to see the other students started gathering up around us. Murmuring and gossiping begins. Not wanting to receive much attention, I just glared at him in response to his statement and headed back to my classroom, leaving them there.


I sat on my seat, located near the window. That Taehyung guy who bumped into me earlier, I can’t help it but see him as a main character guy in a story who just got out from the anime world. Well, that’s a compliment right there. But I got instantly turned off as he started to force me apologize to him when he’s actually the one who ran into me. Tsk, what a stubborn personality.


My classmates started to quiet down and went back to their seats as the professor entered the room. I sat properly. It was the first day of class which also means the time for introduction.


When it was my turn, I went in front of everyone, “Hi. I’m Lee Kyori. Hope we’ll get along well with each other.” I smiled a bit and my classmates started murmuring.


“Lee Kyori? Isn’t she the daughter of one of the most highly respected businessman in our country?”


“I can’t believe the daughter of Mr Lee is my classmate.”


“I finally saw her in person!”


“I would like to have her as my friend.”

 

Yes, my father was more like a celebrity in South Korea. He was intensely eminent businessman in our nation. I came from an extremely rich prominent family and citizens knows that my father has a daughter named Lee Kyori but they don’t know that it was me. I told dad to hide my identity until I replace his position as the CEO of the company. I’m just not yet ready to exhibit myself in the public.


“Um.. No, I’m not the daughter of Mr Lee. I’m an orphan. I’m not wealthy.. just average.” I lied and went back to my seat as a sigh of frustration came out from their mouth. 

 

***


“Thank you, ma’am. 28 will be your room number. It’s on the second floor.” The young lady smiled and I smiled back.

“Thank you.”

Since it was just the first day of school, the class ended so quickly and I went straight to my new boarding house. 


Two days ago, I fought with my parents. The moment when I heard their statement to set me up in an arranged marriage with a complete stranger, left me totally devastated. Dad says the name was Taejoon, son of his business partner which means they’re on the same level with us as well. A wealthy and prominent family. But between money and love, I would definitely choose love without any doubts.

 

Last night, I ran away from home. From my parents, from everything. Luckily, I have saved enormous pile of money, enough for me to live for over a year.

 

Once I found the room number, I entered and put my things down. My eyes scanned around. I purposely chose a simple room. I’m sick of the luxurious ones. I have always been enthusiastic to try and live a simple life and get used without my two body guards following me around.

 

I skipped around the room, excited and went to check out the surroundings. It has a mini living room, kitchen, dining table in one room. I also went to see the bedroom and saw two beds across each other. I wonder who’s going to be my roommate. Hope she’s kind and fun to be with.


After checking all the things out, I headed to see the bathroom as well.

 

 


TAEHYUNG'S POV


I was rubbing my skin and covered my entire body and face with a soap. I was taking a half bath, thinking about the girl I had met in the hallway this morning. She was Lee Kyori. I got her name when I checked her I.D. I tried to remain my serious face as I was engage in a conversation with her earlier. I find her really interesting and funny. Especially when she gets mad, it somewhat entertains me.


I wasn’t actually that badly hurt when she hit my nose. I wasn’t really mad at her and there’s actually no need for her to apologize since it was honestly all my fault. I don’t know why but by the time I laid my eyes on her, I instantly think to force her apologize to me. It’s the only way I can think of at the moment to make our conversation kept on going on. 


While I was in the middle of sanitizing myself, I almost jumped in surprised when the bathroom door slammed opened and a complete stranger appeared right in front of me. I couldn’t see clearly because of the soap almost covering my entire face. I tried to figure out who it was and found it was a figure of a girl.

 

 

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!” O________O

 

 


“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!” O________O

 

 


I quickly grabbed a random thing which was nearer to me and it was a bottle of shampoo, just to cover down my ‘friend’, “What the hell?!”

 

She covered her face and spun around, “Oh my gosh I saw it! What have I done? I’m sorry I did not know”

 

“Who are you?!”

 

“Really I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to- oh God pls forgive me I did saw it!”

 

“Yah!” I wiped my eyes to get a clearer vision and took my towel, wrapping it around my waist. I went closer and grabbed her shoulders to face me, “I said who the hell are you?!”

 

Wtf? Don’t tell me there’s an escaped demented person from the mental hospital and went to enter my place? Or maybe she’s a stalker and her intention is to harass me? My precious ‘friend’.

 

Slowly, she uncovered her face as I watched her lifted her head up to look at me. A moment of silence filled around the room as we stared at each other.

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

“YOU?!”

 

Both of us shouted simultaneously. Damn. It took me few seconds to process. It’s Kyori, the girl I met in the hallway earlier. Is thinking too much about someone makes you summon that someone? Wth.

 

“What are you doing in my place?” Hearing my statement, it somewhat made her looked surprised.


“Y-Your place?”


“Yes, my place. And what are you doing here??”


I put my hands on my waist, as if scolding a child. She stepped away, confused. “Your place.. This is room number 28, right?” 


I heaved  a sigh, “Yes, 28. So you entered the wrong room.“


“28 then..” she paused, “then this is my place too!”

 

“….”

 

“….”

 

“….”

 

“….”


What?-


For a moment, the entire room was filled with silence again and as we completely realized everything, our eyes immediately rounded and both of us shouted in unison.

 


“YOU’RE MY ROOMMATE???!!?”