game nights

every atom of me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

personally, jungkook has a knack for organizing game nights or any social gatherings in general. a large assortment of good snacks paired with his extensive research on what games are now trending, he’s fairly confident it’s going to go well. parties on the other hand are not in his forte. since half the people he talks to are usually wasted, he can't stand communicating with them unless he gets drunk too (which hardly ever). he’s not going to have fun with the lecture that will need to said soon.

fortunately so far, freshman game night is going rather well or he sure hopes so due to the amount of people screaming bloody murder at each other while in the midst of playing a heated round of mafia. he prays that the table stays intact tonight.

the mafia had ruthlessly murdered him during the first night—not that he was complaining since his arguments as a civilian were never that compelling. except now he was just making idle chat with anyone looking alone or sitting off to the side (number one warning that someone might not be having fun).

”hi, you’re the ra right? i’m shuhua from room 310,” a cheery girl rings out brightly, having being recently lynched in the game. she promptly exited the couch area before coming over to his side near the snack bowl. there are about another two people in his proximity with their hands constantly stuck in the potato chip bag and their mouths full of food.

she’s the thirty-second name of the day. jungkook's head is probably going to explode soon, because he's unsure if he's capable in memorizing fifty of them. he swears, the only thing acting as his saving grace right now is the fact that there are about five jisoos on his floor. now if he could only recall their faces.

he was mingling with students, but most of the one left were all either too invested in the game or the others had bailed a little while ago to check out a party happening off-campus (which jimin is being irritating about with the large number of snaps he keeps sending him).

”hi shuhua.” jungkook smiles, forcefully pulling himself out of his own thoughts to talk. “how do you like college so far?”

“the area is great! the place here is really nice like i can’t believe we’re actually in college— i’ve only seen this playing in movies. now i'm actually here! can you imagine that? just yesterday i was in the living room making some weird,“ shuhua rambles on at quite a fast pace for her small mouth. “dip made of this pear and citrus pureé! have you ever tried it? i think the recipe is on the web or something.  it’s so strange tasting, but my sister was all for it like she literally dug her hand into the bowl and—“

jungkook’s eyes considerably widen and he opens his mouth to answer her questions, but she’s glossing over his silence and continuing to speak as if he already responded. for a split second, he wonders if he should just nod along to everything in hopes that’s the right answer.

“sorry, she’s a little bit of a chatterbox, but she means well.” and the girl from earlier (miss cute freshman inquiring about the location of the elevator) suddenly appears out of nowhere, handing shuhua a can of iced tea, giving him an apologetic look. she nudges shuhua in the arm lightly soon after.

”sorry, gosh did i start to ramble again? it’s a bad habit of mine when i get a little excited.” there's a sheen of guilt on her eyes and jungkook is starting to feel a little bad for being taken-back earlier. he's just not in his niche in these type of scenarios.

“don’t even worry about it,” he reassures and emphasizes his words for good measure. the last thing he and the people on his floor need is assuming that he's an who is unable to sympathize with them or remotely care about them (it’s in his protocol and nature to help).

but shuhua already wandering off back to the mafia game with her drink in her right hand and her cell phone firmly pressed against her left ear. he faintly hears the words 'hi sis. . . what no!' being emitted from her. 

“and you are? i never did catch your name,” jungkook rather smoothly asks (and he’s applauding himself in the head for it).

she blinks back once, not seeming to expect that question before quickly regaining her composure. ”right! sorry about that, i forgot you have about a billion other names to remember,” she pauses. “song yuqi, shuhua’s official roommate.”

"yuqi." her name rolls off his tongue. he says it a little clumsily, stumbling over the ending.

"that's me." yuqi light-heartedly laughs, “a little strange right? i should have been a hana or something.”

jungkook doesn’t really realize it, but he’s involuntarily starting to grin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter