first day jitters

every atom of me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

e p i g r a p h

❝eyes can’t shine unless there’s something burning bright underneath.❞

 

 

 

 

it's the first day of welcome week and jungkook was already exhausted from the obnoxiously bright nametag plastered on his white button-up, the same couple of welcoming songs on repeat for the past few hours, and the perpetual bright smile still etched on his face. first day on the job nerves are a little hard to get rid of especially when you're dealing with at least fifty new people who you'll be living on the same floor with for the next school year. truthfully, jungkook still doesn't know how he managed to pass training and get selected other than the fact that he's been told that he has a very trusting and dependable face.  

athough, he wouldn't have become a ra if he realized there would also be a particularly annoying tick on his side, squeezing the very essence of life out of his existence (that also went by the name of kim taehyung).

"look jungkook, that's another cute girl over there by the fake plant! oh wait no, there's a hot one that just strolled in," taehyung casually narrates, gazing longingly at the groups of freshman students pouring through the narrow entrance. he's practically glued to jungkook's side, trying to get the best view possible while drinking his cup of iced americano. 

" off, taehyung." jungkook shoots the latter an irritated look, pretty much fed up of taehyung's constant chatter at this point. "don't you have anything better to do than to bother me?"

"better than hanging out with my best pal? hell no. plus, i'm taking full advantage of your new ra status."

jungkook had only helped with carrying a couple of pieces of luggages from students to their respectful floors and answering a variety of questions (to reassure their first day jitters and overprotective parents) before taehyung showed up without a prior warning—completely disrupting jungkook's focus and mood. 

"by checking out freshman girls? there's guys here too, you know. some of them are probably already taken. even if they weren't, they still wouldn't go out with you."

"do have you to be so salty all the time?" taehyung groans out loud, taking an empty seat in the lounge and crossing his arm rather childishly. sometimes, jungkook seriously wonders how a five-year old ever got stuck inside twenty-year old's body. 

"only when you're threatening my job on my first day," jungkook argues. "i didn't attend training for nearly the entire summer just to get fired because of your loud mouth."

it's not as if he likes being used for his position benefits either. 

“i literally am crying for the freshman students stuck underneath your care. they're going to be dying of boredom." taehyung releases a long and theatrical sigh.

jungkook literally wonders once more specifically why they're even friends, then he unfortunately recalls how even though taehyung is a ing mess, he's not that terrible at giving advice and making breakfast waffles.

“shut up and leave me alone. i have things to do." he tightly crosses his arms and his smile is starting to feel heavier.

jungkook's at the point of leaving the common room and just heading to the entrance where he can greet the newcomers without taehyung's presence. 

"hi, um are you the resident assistant for floor two?" a voice questions  kindly, sounding a little unsure. 

jungkook is about to answer, this is his line of field after all, until he is rudely interrupted by taehyung. really, he should have left him stranded at the burger king fifty kilometers away from campus when he was given the chance to a couple of hours ago.

"yes, i am," taehyung smoothly lies, getting out of seat and standing up. jungkook fully recognizes that look plastered on taehyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter