chapter 10

Sugar

it was really late and the shop was closing, mark was putting his coat on as he saw jinyoung's scarf and gently wore it, he could totally smell the raven-haired's scent and the blonde-haired happily went home with that perfume embracing him.
even when he reached his house he decided not to take off the scarf as he felt like jinyoung was right next to him, that he wasn't going anywhere, like he only loved him.
he put himsef in bed, slowly closing his eyes as he fell asleep, still wearing the scarf the young boy had given him.
the next day mark woke up really early as he wanted to reach the shop as soon as possible to see the raven-haired again and give him back the scarf.
he entered the shop and started organising it as his co-worker and friend helped him, taking orders from a few people that were already there.
the boys then started preparing coffees as mark could feel his body strangely heating up, after all the temperatures were really cold.
"mark your face is really red, do you have a fever?"
"i'm fine, don't worry."
"okay but if you feel bad go home, i can handle the work alone."
the blonde-haired simply nodded as he continued working for the next two hours when the raven-haired entered the shop.
mark brought him his scarf and thanked the boy as he noticed jinyoung staring at him, with his dark almond eyes.
"mark i'm pretty sure that you have a fever."
"i'm fine-"
"don't always say that you're fine, you're not."
the younger put again an hand on mark's forehead, confirming his doubts as he felt his cold hand warm up immediately at the touch.
"you're burning up, you have to go home and rest."
"jinyoung i have to work-"
"i'll talk with your friend don't worry."
the older didn't even have the time to stop him that jinyoung had already rushed to jackson and started talking.
"then it's okay for you if mark goes home, right?"
"of course but you know i'm a bit worried, he's sick and i don't want to send him home alone."
"that's okay, i'll stay with him until he'll feel better."
"for real? i'm really glad, thank you for helping him."
"no problem, we'll go then, bye."
"bye."
the raven-haired approached again the worker that looked at him with a questioning look.
"your friend said that it's okay, i'll accompany you home, let's go."
"there's no need, my house is really near."
"just let me come with you and also take the scarf for a little more, it's really cold."
"okay, thank you."
mark and jinyoung started walking together as the younger cautiously looked at the other that felt his body shaking, finding it difficult to even stand properly.
"come on, jump on my back."
"don't worry-"
"mark."
the blonde-haired sighed, knowing that the other wouldn't have accepted a rejection and did as the raven-haired said, feeling the warmness of his body and putting his arms around the younger's neck.
the blonde-haired put his head on the boy's back as that well-known vanillla scent embraced him again, his eyes slowly closed and he couldn't help but fall asleep, feeling protected by the younger's touch.