Chapter 2

In which the starting is the Summer holidays

Soo Jin's P.O.V

I opened it, my hands trembling a bit and I took out the thin bit of paper that was inside.

For a moment I was completely confused. It was a plane ticket. My eyes widened and I looked up at my parents.

“Your sending me to boarding school?” I asked shakily, my voice thick.

My mum raised her eyebrow and looked pointedly at the ticket for me to keep reading.

I looked down again. It was a ticket to Seoul in two days. I always wanted to go to Seoul but if it was for a boarding school I’d think twice. Then I noticed a note behind it. It was a hotel booking for the rest of the summer. I looked up, ever so confused.

They were… smiling?

“Yep, you are going for the holidays, we also booked a tour for you for two days. The rest you can spend doing whatever.” Dad voiced with evident amusement.

“But I thought…”

Mum cut me off “Who said it was bad? I just said that it was about your school report, which it was; and the consequences, which, is going to Seoul for your more than good results. You’re going to Seoul whether you want to or not.” Her slightly wrinkled eyes turned to a smile.

Mum was beautiful even at the age of forty. She had fair skin and the few wrinkles she had were at her eyes because she smiled so much.

“Are you kidding me?! Of cause I want to go!” I stood up, my voice rising a few octaves due to the excitement. “Plus, I might get to see SHINee in person.”

I felt as though the two days couldn’t go by fast enough.

--------------------------------------

So here I am, standing in front of my parents and three friends. I admit that I didn’t have a lot of friends; in fact these are my only close friends. Don’t get me wrong I get along well with everyone, it’s just these three understand me the best. Although the always push me to be more confident.  

“I’m sorry for missing out on your birthday. But here is an early birthday present.” I said to Yun Hee as I gave her a box. Inside was the perfume that she wanted but couldn’t afford when we went shopping together. I saved up and used my part time job money for it as she never asks anyone to buy her something.

Yun Hee shook her head, her short black hair flying and eyes wide, a bit teary.

“Didn’t I tell you not to buy anything?” she said “I’ll miss you so much!” She said as a tear leaked. We all smile; she was, after all, the most emotional in our group.

I hugged my other friends Hyo Rin and Min Yung.

“I’ll miss you all and I promise to bring back souvenirs”

“We’ll miss you too, but what I’ll miss the most would be doing your hair.” Hyo Rin said while twirling a lock of my straight black hair that reached my waist.

“Oh! How is my darling sister going to survive without me, the diva?” Min Yung said pouting (no she’s not my sister)

“I know, twin, we shall see each other again.”

I turned to my parents

“You know I can always tell you not to get a boyfriend while you’re there. But we won’t be able to stop you and I trust that you have good judgment. My mum said

“Thank you.” I smiled

“Have a safe trip, my daughter.”

“I will dad, and tell grandma and grandpa that I love them for me”

“Will do”

I turned ready to go through the gate.

“Oh! Wait, if you see Jonghyun make to shout saranghae to him” Hyo Rin said

“Yeah, if you see Taemin give him a hug for me!” Yun Hee shouted

“Make sure to get Key’s autograph when you see him, or I’ll make sure you won’t have a single peaceful day!” Min Yung said in mock threat.

“Yeah…” I said hesitantly,I’m not sure if I can do any of that.

_______________________________

Yeah i know another crappy chapter on the same day forgive me readers. I promise that it will get better, i got it all figured out hehe. Sigh, SHINee will make apearance in ta few chapters. I'm sorry ;( Please support, subscibe and comment!