Aftermath

Hidden Struggle

Dahyun felt terrible. The performance left her spent and all she wanted was to curl up into a ball and sleep.

 

It started out as well as she thought it would. Of course, she wasn't as graceful and energetic as usual but it was going okay. What is love is one of their harder songs to dance to. So towards the chorus, it started to become a struggle. She underestimated how much energy she had and she was already exhausted and dizzy by then. On top of that, just being on the stage was hord. The spotlights glared at her again and the in-ear was hurting her head once more. It was like the sound check they had earlier but without any malfunctions this time (thankfully). She knew the other members were worrying over her and tried her best to at least make it look like she was okay the whole time. But the members knew her so they already knew she was gonna have a hard time. Momo noticed that Dahyun was feeling nauseous after her rap verse and when they had to squat down on the stage, she grabbed her hand to make sure she didn't fall. Dahyun silently thanked her then. The silent care from her members cheered her on and she made sure to push through to the end. 

 

Once the first performance was over she immediately turned away from the audience and grimaced in pain and sickness. She was very nauseous and she felt like she could throw up right then and there. But, of course, that wasn't the end. They still had to perform the song at least two more times so the editors could broadcast the perfect performance. Momo hugged her and smiled at the Onces. 

"Do you need to stop? You're having a hard time, Dahyunnie." She said worriedly through her teeth. Dahyun whimpered quietly as she clutched her stomach but shook her head. 

"I wanted to do this, and now I need to finish it." She said semi-firmly. Momo frowned slightly but let her do as she wanted.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

By the time they finally finished their performances, Dahyun could barely see straight anymore. Jihyo subtley side huged her as they were walking out in order to make sure she actually made it backstage. Dahyun stumbled along as carefully as she could before she finally collapsed onto the floor once Jihyo told her it was okay. She groaned as her stomach flipped and watered. She rasped,

"U-unnie..." She teared up when she realized that she probably wouldn't make it to a trash can. She heard Jihyo's worried voice.

"What's wrong Dahyunnie?" She asked as she rubbed Dahyun's back. Dahyun sobbed.

"I-I Don't f-feel so good." Jihyo's eyes widened.

"MOMO GIVE ME THE TRASH CAN!" Dahyun winced as her stomach sloshed when she rolled over. 

"I c-can't--" She choked when her stomach finally lurched. Water and stomach acid shot out of and onto Jihyo's front just as Momo ran in with the trash can. Jihyo sighed and continued to rub her back as Dahyun went to gag and heave the rest of her stomach contents into the newly brought-in trash can. 

 

Throat burning, she cried,

"I'm s-sorry Jihyo-unnie, I didn't mean to..." Her voice echoed from the trash can muffled. She took a staggering breath.

"I couldn't hold it anymore... P-please forgive for ruining your shir-" She retched into the bin again. Jihyo cooed,

"It's okay Sweetie, I just want you to feel better, alright?" She held back her hair comfortingly. 'This is gonna be a long night...' Jihyo thought to herself.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

Dahyun ended up on the couch of the dressing room curled up with a blanket and a bin next to her. The other members of Twice forced her to take some medicine so the migraines and nausea would go away. And because of that, she was pretty sure she didn't need the bin anymore but it was probably just to make sure.

'At least I proved that I could do it..' She thought with a groan as her stomach clenched again. Sana sat up from the other side of the couch after hearing her groan.

"Are you okay? Do you want to throw up again?" She asked worriedly. Dahyun shook her head softly and simply buried her head in her blanket. Sana sighed and rubbed her leg gently. 

"I'm sorry that we have to go on stage without you Dahyunnie, we'll be back to take care of you as soon as possible, I promise." Dahyun peeked out and nodded slightly. Sana and the other girls were getting ready to go to the live stage to see who won the show this week. Dahyun sat up slightly and breathed to fight the slight head rush. She said good luck to the members and promised that she would be watching the show from the couch. They all hugged her and told her to rest while they were gone and left, closing the door softly. Dahyun sighed and sunk into the couch again after making sure the girls were long gone. She knew she shouldn't, but she still had the instinct to hide how much she was hurting from everyone. 

 

The medicine had helped her nausea and headaches die away, but her stomach still inevitably hurt and she was absolutely exhausted after the performances from earlier. On top of that, the medicine was working to make her drowsy and it made her eyes droop dangerously low. She tried to stay awake and watch the show to see if her group had won another trophy but it was unexpectedly hard. 'I'll just close my eyes for a second...' She thought to herself. She relaxed and let her eyes slip shut.

..

..

..

..

"....zzz...zz"

..

..

..

"...it's Twice!" The T.V. blared from the corner startling Dahyun into opening her eyes and seeing her sisters onstage celebrating their newest win. Dahyun grinned lazily in her loopy state and closed her eyes again. 'We did it..'

 

---------------------------------------------

 

The Twice members entered their room with huge grins and bright eyes. 3mix were talking excitedly amongst themselves while the J-line were giggling over something Momo had said. Meanwhile, the maknaes were walking over to find their school meal club leader. They planned on celebrating with her and cheering her up. 

"Dahyun unn-mrghh!" Chaeyoung sputtered when Tzuyu forcefully shoved her hand onto .

"Hey, what was that for?!" She demanded her answer before Tzuyu shushed her again. Chaeyoung glared at her but stopped when Tzuyu pointed to the couch. Their roommate had her face buried in a pillow that she had snuggled up in her arms and her blanket seemed to have fallen onto the floor in her sleep. Chaeyoung paused.

"...oh." She said quietly. She bent down and carefully set the blanket on top of Dahyun before dragging Tzuyu away towards their unnies. Jeongyeon looked up.

"Hey girls, how's Dubu?" She asked. 

"Uh, she's sleeping, actually." Tzuyu replied. Jihyo nodded.

"I thought she would pass out eventually, she's probably exhausted after today." She thought out loud. 

 

And so, the remaining conscious members of twice talked quietly about their schedules for tomorrow while their third maknae napped on the couch.