Siyeon’s Angel

Angels

Classes just ended and Siyeon was on her way to her apartment, but all of a sudden, she felt her head getting wet.

 

Drip drip drip

 

It was just a light rain so she chose to ignore it and continued walking, albeit at a faster pace. Less than a minute later, the light rain turned into a full-on shower.

 

Damn, today of all days where I forget my umbrella. 

 

The girl ran as fast as she could to her apartment which was ten minutes away.

 

Now, there was this girl at the nearby cafe who saw and recognized the person running in the rain.

 

The thought ‘That’s the girl who was playing the piano!’ came into her mind.

 

So, in her excitement and joy, she brought out her umbrella, opened it and ran towards the young musician.

 

Siyeon was still running when all of a sudden she felt no water touching her head. She stopped and looked up, seeing a baby pink umbrella above her head.

 

“I just saw you running past, soaking wet, so I decided to at least cover your head and help you out.” a girl, looking younger than her, with red hair spoke.

 

“Thank you.” Siyeon stuttered.

 

‘How cute.’ the red-haired girl thought.

 

“Anyways, let’s bring you home so that you won’t catch a cold.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

And so the two began walking. Once they’ve arrived at Siyeon’s apartment, the music major thanked the red head again.

 

“No problem, oh, and if you need help just call me, it seems we just live across from each other.”

 

Siyeon simply tilted her head in confusion.

 

“That’s my apartment building right over there. Unit 7D if you need to know.” she said pointing to a nearby building, slightly smaller than Siyeon’s apartment complex.

 

“Oh okay, umm I live in 7I. Again, thank you.”

 

“I’m Minji by the way.” 

 

“Siyeon. Lee Siyeon. I have to go now Minji-shi, it was nice meeting you.”

 

“Ah yes, goodbye.”

 

‘Lee Siyeon? Wait...isn’t that?’ she thought, remembering the name on her right arm.

 

“Wait! Siyeon-shi!” Minji called out.

 

The other girl turned around, the tatoo on her left arm now clearly seen, the name ‘Kim Bora’ written on her arm for all to see.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Can I have your number?” she said, putting on a sad smile, seeing the different name on the other girl’s arm, completely oblivious to the other name on her right.

 

“Ah, sure.” the other said, giving a strip of paper, with her number written on it.

 

Minji gently got it, as if it was made of glass. Thanking the other girl, she also gave her number and left.

 

‘What a weird girl.’Siyeon thought, unknowingly with a smile on her face.

 

‘Wait a minute, Minji? Kim Minji? Haha, I think Bora’s nightmare has come true.’ she thought, looking at her right arm.

 

Meanwhile, there was a small, jealous girl who was watching the entire interaction with displeased eyes.

 

Later, when Siyeon got to her apartment:

 

“Who was that?” Bora questioned as Siyeon got ready to wash up

 

“Oh, I didn’t bring an umbrella today, so she was kind enough to bring me here.”

 

Bora’s curiosity and jealousy vanished right after.

 

“I see. I better thank her for being nice to my baby. Did you get her name or something Singnie?” 

 

Siyeon, who almost entered the bathroom giggled. Bora swooned, but what Siyeon said stunned her.

 

“That was Minji. Kim Minji.”

 

“Oh.”